Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If i only know getting sleeve was so painfull

Hi all , I got sleeve on May 29 the and I am having such a hard time with the pain my body feel like I was run over by a truck , the worst part is doing trying to pee after taking out the foolery

I wish I know how painful this was I would have never do it , I wish I could take it all back . I wish my pain would go away so I can feel better .

Deeee

Red

Fatty

You probably won't feel that way in a week or so. Your body will heal and the pain will go away.

The first couple of weeks are the worse. Things get better. Remember all of the positive reasons you had the surgery. You just went through a big surgery and are expected to hurt. My best advice is to push through the pain and walk, walk, walk!!! The circulation helps promote healing. So does Protein and Water. Hang in there friend! You'll get through this!

Don't be hesitant to take your pain meds! And if your doctor didn't prescribe them, or the ones prescribed aren't working for you, get in touch, explain your situation, and ask for help.

Is it really unbearable or is it something that pain killers can keep under control?

I felt the same way for weeks after my sleeve. Im 7 weeks oyt and all that regret is gone. Just give yourself time it does get better.

I'm sorry you are having pain issues, but you just had MAJOR surgery 2 days ago. You can't expect to be pain free and you really shouldnt base your feelings about this surgery on less than 72 hours of experience. Being negative and wallowing in regret will not help you at all. Talk to your doctor about pain medications and be proactive with healing.

I felt like something was really off that soon out as well. I was not adequately prepared for the pain because I was reading the wrong things. I was reading about folks who were off meds and ready to do it all very soon after surgery.

That simply was not me. My body needed more time to get it it right. Remember, your stomach is swollen and inflamed. By one week out, I noticed a major difference. I woke up and was about to go through my dread routine of sitting up and I realized it didn't really hurt anymore!

Oh, I used my pain meds. I talked to the nurse and she told me to rate my pain and then she said why are you not using them, that's why they're prescribed!

I pushed myself to walk daily as soon as I got home. I was slower and I know it showed that something was off with me, but I really think that helped.

It gets better. I promise!! Hang in there!!

I felt that way too. We will all tell you it does get better but right now Im sure thats all talk to you but previous posters are right. Take pain meds, drink, and walk. I am praying for a quick recovery.

I felt that way too. We will all tell you it does get better but right now Im sure thats all talk to you but previous posters are right. Take pain meds, drink, and walk. I am praying for a quick recovery.

I am two days out. And I can control the pain. Actual walked 1.33 miles this morning, but I am having trouble swallowing. Every sip I take I feel it going down and a bubble. And I am in no way taking big sips. Hang in there. Day 4 should not be like day 2. Thats what gonna keep me going.

I know the pain was really bad for a week after surgery. You have got to walk...even if only 5 minutes at a time. My doctor told me not to worry about Protein, carbs, calories at first...just push the liquids. It does get better and when the pounds start to drop off, you are not going to have any regrets.

I had a lot of pain the first day or two...my pain meds were a life saver. I can't say I ever regretted the decision though...I've had other surgeries before so I expected pain. Good luck at getting through your first days...it gets better. I improved so drastically about day 6 it was like night and day.

Thank you all for this thread. I'm about to get my surgery date and despite all of my research I've never seen this kind of honesty about the pain. It scares me but I need to see it so I can try and be emotionally prepared. I've never had any kind of surgery before so there is just no way to imagine what it might be like.

For me the first 3 days were very hard. I am on day 10 now and don't need anymore pain medication. I also am out and about. Any type of surgery will cause pain for a few days. Hang in there it gets better!