Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hi, I'm so excited. I found out today that I have been approved for surgery. My surgery can be as early as June 6. Office will call on Monday to set up the exact details. Pre-op liquid diet will start in 2 wks. I'm so READY. I've already started on the Protein diet. 2 Protein Shakes and 1 good meal a day and lost 11 lbs the first week. I know this week will not be as good because the first week is mostly Water weight. Anthing is better than nothing.

Happy Saturday June Bandits!!!! We're all one day closer to our band date!!!

Welcome to our new Junies!!!!

I am physically miserable today. I feel like a stuffed pig! I started with cramps and zits yesterday...oh no! PMS! I get PMS for 7+ days BEFORE my period even comes!!! Ah!!!! Then it goes away once I start...weird eh? Proof is, I'm up 2.5 pounds in ONE DAY!!!! Friggin Water weight!!!!! I'm so worried I won't be down those 10 pounds by my pre-op physical on tuesday...I don't know why I worry so much tho...I have the MOST understanding surgeon on the planet! I know he's going to say "Don't worry, you'll lose that during the liquid pre-op diet". But I think most of us kick ourselves when we're not 100% compliant to our "DIETS" and have any gain at all! OK...enough ranting...

Accountability: Yesterday was not a great diet day. I had medifast for Breakfast and mid morning (it's a 6 meal plan). Then I had about 2/3 of a turkey club and a few fries for lunch :phanvan Then for dinner I had half a chicken wrap, about 1/2 cup loaded mashed potatoes and shared...bbq wings with DH :omg: . I did not snack at all...so I pat myself on the back for that. I did excercise....I went swimming with DD in the morning and walked with DH in the evening...so that's another pat on the back. OK, I'm not perfect, I need to except it, move on and do better!!!

Today's goal....Drink Lots and Lots of Water, make wiser food choices and eat less (Protein, Protein, protein), clean my house!

How's everyone else today?

Hi I have my band schedule for June in mexico but I keep canceling because I am so afraid and my BMI is 32. Is that to lower BMI?

:clap2:

I'm also excited with this banding process. Hoping the next couple of weeks go fast and uneventfull.

When I first told my hubby I was thinking about this I was really suprised to find him supporting me so readily. However, he knows what I've gone through with trying to lose the weight. My daughter also is supporting me. In fact I only found one person who is/was against it.

But the wheels have been set in motion and I'm going for it. I have put too much time into all these appointments. :omg:

First was the seminar then the appointment with the surgeon. Done :)

Needed clearance from a cardiologist. After an echo stress test, EKG and a ultra sound of my cartoid arteries I got that clearance. Done :D

Needed clearance from a pulmonologist. Going for sleep study, chest x-ray and a pulmonary function test next week. Final clearance from this doc should be 5/31.

Needed an eval from the nutritionist and psychologist. Done :D

Needed an endoscopy. Done :)

Now I'm attending 3 classes of 2 hours each with more nutrition info along with exercises. These classes finish up on 5/21.

Also will be getting my blood work done by 5/21.

Final medical clearance is from the endocrinologist on 6/4. (He has to evaluate all the above test results.)

My final appointment is with the surgeon about mid June.

Surgery is 6/27. YAY

The bummer of it all is I don't yet have the approval of my insurance company!!! Well, it's getting done, one way or another.

Accountablity, hell yes I need that! Will start on that Monday. I have a wedding to go to this afternoon.

The only pre-diet my surgeon has is a clear liquid, unsweetened diet 48 hours before surgery. I guess I can handle that. But will start restricting my calories and carbs starting next week.

The post diet is hard! All liquids for 4 weeks. Eek. I went to costco yesterday and picked up some stuff. Will need more though.

Have a great weekend.

Hey everyone :)

Good luck on all the bands this month!

I'm scheduled for 6th June... I'm so excited and nervous.

I'm getting it fitted by Dr Dillemans in Brugge, Belgium.

x

Hi I have my band schedule for June in Mexico but I keep canceling because I am so afraid and my BMI is 32. Is that to lower BMI?

Hey,

My BMI is 32 and I have been accepted by Dr Dillemans, and from what I've heard, he is a really good well known surgeon.

Hello everyone,

I have a June 1st date also. I am worried that it may be changed though becuase the last couple weeks I have been experiencing a pain in my right side at night. I had it again on Thursday and today my side is a little sore. I have no idea what it is. Of course people are telling me it could be gall bladder issues, kidney stones, etc. I think I will have to go to a doctor and find out what is going on.

Hi

My BMI is 32 also. I talked extensively to my husband, doctor, surgeon and dietician before committing to the surgery and all of us agreed that it was the best solution to my years of diet hell.

Good luck with your decision :-)

Accountability:

1st Meal - Protein shake

Workout - 60 min spin class

2nd Meal - Nutz Over chocolate Luna Bar

3rd Meal - Chili dog - no bun

4th Meal - Chili with Beans

I keep chugging away...

Nina

Hiya Junesters! I am joining your ranks on the 15th of June. I can't wait!

About me:

I am a 27 yo zoo keeper, who loves her job but hates being fat in those ugly khaki uniforms! I love to read, hike, and laugh!! I plan to get outdoors more during this process, after all, a kayak is kinda tiny and hopefully my newly tiny self will fit in that little seat!

I am glad that I have all of you to support and you to support me! Here is my accountability diary. Anyone want an accountability buddy? PM me~

5/13

Food: Protein shake for Breakfast, but pizza for lunch. Felt like a slug after 3 pieces of pizza.

Steamed veggies and vinegarette for dinner.

Protien: 25 in shake. Need to get more in!

Water: 8 glasses!

Exercise: None frown.gif

My surgery isn't scheduled yet, but it looks like I'll have it in June. I've already started the process, my pre-surgery endoscopy is this Friday. (Unless I cancel it because I've decided to change doctors LOL~!)

Evilah

Good Morning Junies!!!

Accountablility: Just threw the diet out the window for Mother's day weekend, but didn't snack! (Well, except for the mother's day chocolate!) Exercised by doing yard work and house work.

Today: Will only consume my 6 medifast meals, totaling about 650 calories...if I get really hungry, I'll have a 5oz can of chicken (120 cals). Will try to get out for a walk, but no guarantees.

Accountability Diary day 2

Food: B:protein shake L: chicken and stuffing D: noodles with teriaki sauce(way too many :eek: Ate emotionally!)

Water: Good! Got it all!

Exercise: No. PMS hitting me too hard :mad: