Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I have to start my pre-op diet on May 23. I have to go to support group meetings for 1 year in order to get free fills that year. I was suprised that my goal weight was about 50lbs heavier than what I had predicted. they measured all my mass and evidentally I really DO have big bones! LOL

Hello fellow June -`07 banders!!! There's another thread out there for 6/07 banders...but this one's been around longer. Anyway, I'm scheduled for June 1st!!! I'm so excited, as are all of you!! I'll be 39 in August and my goal is to be FIT and 40, not FAT and 40!!

Hi everyone! I thought the day would never come but here it is June 6th 2007! I am so excited I have been waiting forever for this. I bet you all are excited too to proceed with this life changing procedure :D How were some of your journeys getting to this point? Anyone want to share? As soon as I got my date today I wanted to get on this site and find the June 2007 thread and post! :D My brother who is doing this with me is having his surgery tomorrow. The time went by so fast for him and believe it or not he was not even hungry on the liquid diet losing 20 lbs! I hope I can do as well as him cause I get nausous when I am hungry. Does anyone else? what do you do for it? Well I look forward to getting to know you all, supporting each other and losing weight together!

Becky

Hi Becky...that nausea passes. The first 2-4 days on a liquid diet, you go through a detox period. All those toxin's and preservatives and sugar is being flushed out, causing headaches and nausea in some. If you start to feel nauseaous (sp?) have another shake and that should help. I start my liquid diet on 5/25...trying to cut back now to prepare myself. Good luck! :)

Just got the word today, everything is approved and I'm scheduled for June 29. It's a bit later than I wanted, but I have some travel and such to deal with first.

I'm excited, worried, etc. Seems a long way out.

Pre op is 10 days of liquid diet before the surgery. I also have to go see a dietician

Musicalmomma I am also being banded June 1!!! I am 36yrs mother of 2 and just can't wait to get the show on the road... although am a little nervous too!

I also have been trying to cut back to prepare for the required 14 day liquid diet... Optifast is my docs/dieticians choice of liquid. I have been having an Optifast Protein shake for Breakfast, an Optifast bar for lunch and then a healthy low carb meal for dinner... I lost quite a lot of weight in the first 2 weeks but it seems to have come to a halt... hopefully the full on liquid diet will shake things up again!!

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone would start a June 07 thread. My date is June 11. Any other June 11 bandsters? I am so excited about it. I'm ready for the change.

Like Musicalmomma, I'm 38 but will be 39 in August. I think her idea of being fit by 40 sounds great!

Take care! :)

Hey all,

I too will be banded in June...My day is June 4th and I can hardly wait! My surgeon does not require a pre-op diet, but I will be starting one anyway as I have gained so much during the "jumping throught the insurance hoops" game.

Keep in touch!

Peace Out!

T~:hippie:

How are all the June bandsters doing? I've been trying to stick to my high Protein diet and get to the gym 5 days a week. Anyone else need some pre-op accountability? Let's motivate each other to work as hard as we can, even before we have the bands installed.

How are all the June bandsters doing? I've been trying to stick to my high Protein diet and get to the gym 5 days a week. Anyone else need some pre-op accountability? Let's motivate each other to work as hard as we can, even before we have the bands installed.

Lucy

That is great that you are working so hard already! You definately will get great results from the band if you keep up the great work. Put me down for the motivation because I can sure use it and I will be more than happy to give some! How much do you want to lose with the band? Have you lost some pre op? Lets get the thread going!

Hey Becks,

I think we all need some motivation! That's what is so great about this place that we can support one another.

So far I've only been on my pre-op diet for a few days and I cheated on Saturday, which I was totally beating myself up about yesterday. Since my surgery is in 30 days, I am using this as my starting point now -- from here on out it's high Protein and vegetables!!! I need to lose 89 lbs to get to my goal weight.

How about you? Are you pre-op dieting? Exercising? How much do you need to lose?

Oh GOSH I need accountability! I lost 28 pounds on my pre-op diet and have gained back 10 in the last six weeks!! It seems after they submitted my file to insurance, I went crazy!!! I'm back on track. I started on medifast again today. I hope to drop those 10 pounds before my pre-op physical on the 15th...yes, that's 8 days away, but I know I can lose 10 pounds in that time if I follow medfast to the letter...cuz I'm sure at least 5 pounds are Water. OK, I'm rambling here...I just want desperately to get a grip on my diet so the pre-op liquid and post-op diet won't be such a shock to my system!

My goal is to lose 15 pounds total before my surgery on the 1st! SO, here I am to be held accountable by my June Comrades :nervous <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Hey there Momma! Forget about what you've gained back, let's look at the positive: you've lost 18lbs! It's a little at a time. Stick to your diet and exercise! Tell us what you eat every day and we will hold you to it.

OK guys, I'm on the bandwagon too. That is starting tomorrow because I totally just pigged out (Mexican food!:opps2:). But, on a positive note, I exercised yesterday and today!! Yay for me!! :cheer2: Since my surgeon does not require a pre-op diet, what do you think I should be eating right now?

I know we can do this if we stick together and hold each other accountable!:(

Peace Out!

T~:hippie:

I stuck to my diet today and walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes. I haven't been to the gym in so long that my back hurts. I need to get back to being consistent!

T, my doc didn't give me a strict diet per se, but he said that I should be eating lots of Protein and vegetables. Minimal carbs, lots of Water, etc. I've also been experimenting with different Protein powders/drinks so that I can find something I like NOW and not sample everything after the fact.

There is safety in numbers -- I agree that if we stick together we can support each other along the way.

Hello Junies! Just checkin in...stuck to my medifast with 100% complaince today...did light exercise too...whoo hoo!!! Not to mention the mountain of laundry I got through! :( We had a pipe burst in the basment over the weekend and had to move the dryer in order to dry the carpet...needless to say, we had LOTS of laundry to catch up on! :mad:

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!! Our day is a-comin'!