Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I already had my pre-op appointment and just started my two-week liquid diet today. I ended up with a Migraine and only had the shake 3 times today when I was supposed to do 6. After the first 3 I couldn't imagine eating more, it was making me nauseous. Maybe after a few days and being real hungry I can do 6 shakes, they are not very tasty though.

Just wanted to say hello to you all and let you know how impressed I am with you and your enthusiasm! You are all being soooooooo GOOD! :( Am I alone here?:) I'm just eating "normal"---not overboard---until my pre-op diet next week. I am NOT dieting, though. No counting calories, etc...

I also have a banding date in Houston, TX of June 7th!

I'm so glad to have the support of so many women going though this together---I'm very appreciative.

:help: Someone mentioned picking up some "things" at costco. What did you buy there? I'm curious!!!!! (and a Costco fanatic!)

Thanks,

Toni

Just wanted to say hello to you all and let you know how impressed I am with you and your enthusiasm! You are all being soooooooo GOOD! :( Am I alone here?:) I'm just eating "normal"---not overboard---until my pre-op diet next week. I am NOT dieting, though. No counting calories, etc...

I also have a banding date in Houston, TX of June 7th!

I'm so glad to have the support of so many women going though this together---I'm very appreciative.

:help: Someone mentioned picking up some "things" at costco. What did you buy there? I'm curious!!!!! (and a Costco fanatic!)

Thanks,

Toni

OMG! Trigger word >>>>> COSTCO :clap2:! Costco is filled with wonderful things! I usually get the raw almonds & walnuts (great source of Omega-3 fatty acids), they have great egg white quiches (near the cold packaged foods) with artichokes & spinach, they have wide selection on salt-free seasoning blends, the ahi tuna and salmon are convenient - they are bagged and individual sealed for freshness. You can also get organic, baby asparagus for the frozen food area too. In the bakery, you can get a granola mix that they prepare in the store filled with nuts, cranberries, flax seeds, oatmeal, etc. Yes, you have to stay away from that chocolate layer cake :phanvan . Costco is limitless when it comes to great things period! I can solicited for suggestions in other departments as well ;) .

BTW, welcome Toni!

Who will be doing your surgery?

Nina

Thank you, Nina, for all the EXCELLENT costco tips!!! I will be using my membership to the hilt now! I'm going to be banded by Dr. Collier. He's super friendly and I can't wait to see "his work" on the 7th! Thanks for asking! How many days till you're banded?

How is everyone else doing today?!? Nvalicia....I'm sorry about your Migraine. I had one on Tuesday, and I won't paint the ugly picture, but I feel sooooooo bad for you! Get well, and hang in!

Toni

Hi Toni!! You're not alone!! I was trying to lose some weight I had gained between appointments...but now that my pre-op appointment is over, I've been eating normally...like you, not crazy, but normally. I have been exercising tho...mainly yard work and swimming. I start the pre-op liquid diet next Friday...until then, I'm going to enjoy bbq and such! ;)

Congrats on your Surgery date girl! I will find mine out tomorrow! I am not sure if it will be one at the end of May or I might be a June bandster!LOL!! I am starting to get anxious......I dont know how I am going to handle the liquid diet thing.....not to motivated for that. How is your brother doing???

Thank you, Nina, for all the EXCELLENT costco tips!!! I will be using my membership to the hilt now! I'm going to be banded by Dr. Collier. He's super friendly and I can't wait to see "his work" on the 7th! Thanks for asking! How many days till you're banded?

How is everyone else doing today?!? Nvalicia....I'm sorry about your Migraine. I had one on Tuesday, and I won't paint the ugly picture, but I feel sooooooo bad for you! Get well, and hang in!

Toni

I have about 18 more days - I will be banded on June 5th. I wish you the best!

Nina

Nina...does Dr. Sweeney require a pre-op diet like Musical Momma and I (and most on the board) are going to do, or do you get to eat normally up until June 5?

Toni

Thanks Toni. I felt much better today, only a little headache. I still wasn't able to get 6 shakes in, I could ony do 2.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Toni, I went to costco last week and picked up a few cases of the Protein Drinks, a case of the organic chicken broth, a case of cream of chicken Soup, and a large box of lemonade mix. I'll go back mid June and get more stuff. I'll probably pick up some easy to make meals for hubby while I'm on the liquid and puree phase.

I'm getting excited for you all who are so close to your date!

KT, Can't you have caffeine-free coffee on your pre-op? I don't have to use any particular brand of Protein Shakes, but they have to be low sugar and high Protein. I have sampled several lately and haven't found anything that I consider to be very tasty. I am allowed to have unlimited amounts of sugar free, fat free, caffeine free, drinks also. Today has been very difficult, but I did start my execise program!!! I'm afraid this is going to be the longest two weeks of my life!

Found out I won't be banded in june, but thought I'd stop by and see how you are doing!

excited?

Evilah

Found out I won't be banded in june, but thought I'd stop by and see how you are doing!

excited?

Evilah

Oh no! What happened??

I went in for my pre-op labs and EKG this morning. During general conversation I mentioned that I was a nurse...and that made the poor nurse who had to draw my blood nervous. Haha. She had to stick me 3 times to get blood...and I have GOOD veins. I was about to draw it myself! EKG came out fine. Guess I was so relaxed that my heartrate was only 58, which is a bit slow. Had to pee in a cup, which I hadn't had to do in years.

Met my surgeon, Dr.Ellison. He is very nice and made sure I didn't have any questions. He is one of the younger docs at the practice, but I felt very comfortable with him.

After my lab results are in the office should call me for a surgery date. I'm so so so excited!

I guess thats it for my update!

My name is Traci and I am just hoping to join this thread soon.....I am just waiting on my insurnace to give me my approval...almost a month in waiting now. They said they have all the required documents and it is just waiting final approval. So.......lets hope I will know soon, and I will be moving on....

Good luck too all the upcoming surgeys....

Toni, I went to costco last week and picked up a few cases of the Protein drinks, a case of the organic chicken broth, a case of cream of chicken Soup, and a large box of lemonade mix. I'll go back mid June and get more stuff. I'll probably pick up some easy to make meals for hubby while I'm on the liquid and puree phase.

I'm getting excited for you all who are so close to your date!

Marie! That sounds like a GREAT shopping list. Yeah for Costco! :hungry: (imagine a straw instead of the fork and knife!) Can I ask you what kind of protein drinks you bought/where they're located? I'm with you on picking up the easy to make meals for hubby while doing all the post-op dieting. But I don't think I'll like preparing it, nonetheless!!!!!

Anyone else joining this Costco Shopping Sisterhood!?!? :(

Toni