Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not raw prunes...stewed prunes...really soft and mushy couple of those and 1. U will be over your carb limit and 2. You will GO

I really like the chocolate Premier drink too. It's my Breakfast every day. I tried the vanilla and it was waaay too, well, vanillaey (new word). They had 12 packs on sale last week for $14 so I bought three, the maximum they allowed. costco has 18 packs for around $25. They pack a lot of Protein in a reasonable number of calories.

I went for my annual check up earlier this week. My surgeon was very pleased with my weight loss. He wants me to write up my experience to share with other 60+ people who think they're too old for the surgery. Made my day!

Kate

Rosy, I've tried them raw and cooked, they just don't work on me.

Cococat, I totally forgot about the Premier Protein. I'll have to get some and try it.

Thanks all

Cathy

Kate,

Wow that is wonderful. It will encourage more folks our age. I imagine a lot think they are too old.

I drink the Premier Protein ready made drink for Breakfast. I get mine at Sams (in AZ) for $18.99 for 12 and they will have a sale w/$4 off every so often. costco has them in a 16 or 18 pk (can't remember which) for $24.99. I also have the powder but I'm not much into mixing etc in the a.m.

Also adding lemon juice to a glass of warm Water in the am when you get up gets things moving. Dr Oz and a bunch more health guru's do this.

Constipation is a problem w/the sleeve. I take the 250 mg of softener in pm. Also will use Gummy Fiber but boy do they give me gas. Good thing I live alone. LOL

My weight has been the same for almost a yr. Goes up a couple lbs and down a couple lbs. Dr said be nice if I lost 20 more lbs but I'm stuck at this weight. I exercise in the pool and do at least 4 hrs of Tai Chi a week. I think getting a body transplant would be a good solution. LOL

Sherry

Hi, Toler,

I drink Premier Protein in a four-pack ready-made drinks. - 30 g of Protein - 1 g of fat - calories 160 - 11 Fluid ounces in total. I buy it at Walgreens. But I have read elsewhere that Sam's Club and Cosco have it also. I haven't checked, but I am just relating what I heard. I only like the chocolate flavor. A very finikey (sp?) friend of mine tried some and also liked it. This was recommended by my surgeon and my nutritionist. So far so good. They say to drink it cold, but I don't like anything cold, so I drink it room temp. I have heard from others that it tastes better cold. The vanilla might be good for some, especially if you like to put it in a blender with other flavored things. I am lazy and hate to forever wash the blender, so I just sip a drink out of the carton.

I drink a chocolate Premier Protein drink for lunch every day. I'd never reach my Protein goal for the day if I didn't (75gm). I like it very cold so I pour it over ice. I don't like the vanilla or strawberry, but I've never liked those favors. I buy mine at costco @ 18 for $24.99 and sometimes they are on sale. I was using Body Fortress vanilla Protein Powder before my surgery and made some great shakes with it and different SF syrups and PB3, but after surgery I just didn't like the stuff. Don't stock up on anything in excess because you might reject it after surgery. I bought Unjury chicken flavor and only used it a few times and also unflavored which I mix with yogurt at times. I have more protein powder mix than I'll probably ever use!

I use the premier Protein too and i found if i put cinnamon in the vanilla i can drink it but like you, i like the chocolate best.. especally if i put it in blender with a few ice cubes , it turns into a choc milk shake and also fills me up more..

I know what you mean about having so much Protein Powder, i did the same , bought some and have it still.. i think every Protein powder company should have samples for you to try, so you don't waste so much money on ones that you don't like and then have it laying around not being used.. and they aren't cheap either.

When I went to GNC and got the Isopur, I asked about what if I didn't like it. They said they would refund my money, and the next day I took it back and got a full refund. However, I agree that more companies should have samples.

The gal at GNC told me I could try another one but I told her I hated to do that. I just don't like the idea of getting one of those huge containers, opening it, then probably returning it. Seems like too much of a waste. Plus, yes, they are expensive. At least with samples, you are only wasting a cup of milk.

Well, went to foot doctor this morning and found out I have a stress fracture in my foot! In a boot now, another 2-3 weeks of no walking or treadmill. All the other bones in my body are in great shape, but my left foot has a problem. This is the second bone I've broken in it. Not doing anything crazy either. Sigh

Toler48...do upper body exercise s while u are healing. Also cn u swim?

@@reallyrosy

Been doing some exercises at night. Yes, I can swim but don't have a swimsuit. Quit buying them 20lbs ago LOL

Oh Toler, I'm so sorry , I hope you feel better, I know what you mean about bathing suits, finally broke down and bought one,, have a heated pool at apartment, just desided to bare it and go in pool but after dark hahaha. I sit on a noodle and peddle like I'm riding a bike..

Toler my suit was a pair of 5x shorts and a bra and tank top. U must keep moving

Fortunately, we live in Florida where in the warmer months, we can use the pool on the lanai. Very quiet and dark neighborhood. I go in with my husband every night. We check out the stars and planets and often see meteors. I wear a tank top and undies. No lights, or course. I have four or five ancient but nice suits ... that do not fit! I hope when I get back to a size I can fit into that the elastic hasn't died.

That sounds so peaceful and lovely!

Well, tomorrow I have my final PA and NUT visit. Then they will submit to Medicare for approval.

I will also get this stupid boot off my foot! I feel like a slug! I haven't been able to walk for a month and I actually miss it.

I've been doing core workouts but those aren't walking.

On another note, has anyone tried the FairLife milk? I got some and it's really good, high Protein also.

Ok, nervous, I'll admit. Keeping fingers crossed.

Later folks