Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@reallyrosy

Hi, I am going to stop by Sprouts tomorrow to get some of the Aloe Vera juice. I'll let you know how it is.

Thanks all for the support!

hi toler , is aloe vera juice good for you. i never heard of it as a juice just the plant you put on burns.

@@patsy1947

Hey Patsy, I got some juice by Lily of the Desert at Sprouts. It's to drink, like the PA said. It's not bad at all, kind of a citrusy taste. They do have flavored by other makers.

I have the plants in the yard that I use for burns, it is wonderful. The juice is nothing like the plant from the yard LOL. If you have ever used the plant for burns and accidentally gotten it in your mouth ICK ICK ICK nasty. That is why when he said to drink the juice I kinda thought he was nuts LOL

Anyway, it is not bad at all. If he says, and online says too, that it will help with Constipation, it will help with healing and any gastric problems, I'm all for it. It's actually easier to go down than the Metamucil.

Try it!

thanks toler i will try it , i have a problem with constip0ation and have to take stool softeners and my lax for it.. I'' ll try it sprouts is my favorite store the fruit and vegs are so fresh.

What are the calories and carbs?

@@reallyrosy

This is Aloe Vera juice from Lily of the Desert, made in Denton, Texas

Per 2 oz cal=4 sodium=25mg carbs=1g calcium=25mg magnesium=4mg

Thank you. How much to take how often?

@@reallyrosy

It says to drink 1-2 oz per serving, up to 8oz per day. You can take anytime during the day, with or without food. Says for digestive health, take 30 min. before meals. It contains 99% organic aloe vera juice.

Keep in mind, this is the Aloe Vera juice from Lily of the Desert, made in Denton, Texas

Other Aloe Vera juices may be different.

I just take it once a day, before lunch, right now. I may take it again in the evenings later.

I'm going to buy some tomorrow and try it. thanks toler

Had my surgery on June 10th at Baylor University Medical Center Dallas TX. Everything went great. Care from preop through discharge was excellent. Pain and nausea controlled and no vomiting. Surgery by Dr. Matthew Westmoreland was just an hr. Took only 4 doses of liquid narcotic and Zofran sublingual after I went home. Able to sleep on side 2nd night. Able to sleep on stomach the 16th and Water started feeling normal going down. BP med discontinued 6/24. Started soft diet on 6/24. Have been taking nap most afternoons. Incisions great-several already fading.6/26 was pain free when bending over to tie shoes. Happy, happy, happy and no regrets. Down 50 lbs from highest weight and 19lbs since surgery.

Congratulations zayifkadin! I'm happy it's going so well for you. I think almost all of us agree the sleeve was a great decision and have no regrets. It certainly changes your relationship with food, and your feelings about yourself. I have no doubt that without the surgery I would either still be yoyoing or, worse yet, just staying the way I was. Welcome to your new life!

Hi all, haven't posted in a while, hope everyone is doing ok, seems us "over 65'ers" are busy with our lives LOL which is a good thing.

Just had another "downer" from my friend, who I wish would consider surgery (she is over 300 lbs) but it is up to her to make that decision. Even though we have know each other for over 50 years, I was hoping she would support me in this journey. No such luck. She is one of those passive-aggresive type commenters. At least that is what I would call it.

Today she sends me a note about one of our classmates from high school. Telling me that the gal had been dealing with some health issues and had lost over 100 pounds, BUT, died of a heart attack last week. Her last comment was "guess it was too much for her heart."

I really don't understand why she feels the way she does. Her comments don't hurt, I've known her too long to let them bother me. It does bother me that even though she knows she needs to lose some weight, and talks about it a lot, but is always making excuses, always. I am so afraid I will be attending her funeral. I know it's her decision to make, and I keep praying for her. The only big difference between the two of us is that I have tried SO many diets and failed, whereas she has not tried at all.

We are the same age, in fact I am only 4 hours older than her. We found each other in the 7th grade. Born on the 5th of July, 1948. She in Dallas, me in East Chicago. Been through a lot together and I hope she will be around for a lot longer.

Ok, that's enough babbling. Just had to talk about that comment to someone. Sorry to bend everyone's ear.

I'm going in for my third meeting with the PA tomorrow. All is good so far. I am really ready for this.

Later

Toler:

Your "friend" sounds like my sister-in-law. I have known her since high school and we married brothers. When I decided to get a sleeve, she was set against it. She is larger than I was at my biggest. She still is. She told me every negative thing that could possibly go wrong, including death. I told her I did not want to have to replace my hips as she has had to do, and now her knees are giving her problms. I told her I was not living and that if the operation was a risk for my life, it was one I was willing to take. Her knee has a torn miniscus (Spelling?) now and I am sure her knees will go downhill from here. I finally had to tell her that I was absolutely going to get the sleeve and that her words were only undercutting my confidence and making me fearful. But that I would do it anyway.

Expect negative people to come out of the woodwork. They think they are being helpful and they try to give you advice, but they are wrong. They are afraid of your changing and your relationship changing. You can't let their fears affect you. You may find that you will become less close. So friggin' what. Your life will become easier. Your health will improve. Your opinion about yourself will soar. Sure, this might have an effect upon your relationship. Expect her to attempt to sabotage you with temptations. She may do this unconsciously or consciously. Remember: you are doing this for your own health. She is in charge of her health, not yours. Live long and prosper!

Cococat

Hm, do I detect a fellow Trekkie? LOL

Yes, she has so many health problems. What astounds me is that she has type 2 Diebeties. I have watched her test her sugar level before a meal, it will be like 180 or 200, and she will take her medication, then eat a meal full of carbs, sugar and fat!!! She seems to think the medication takes care of keeping her diabeties in control! ??!! What control???

You are right, this is for me, for my health, for myself! After all, I have two very active, beautiful granddaughters to take care of.

Thanks

Today I'm six weeks out after having a sleeve

and hiatal hernia repair. I feel great and have lost 40 lbs which makes me super happy. I went back to work after 3 weeks , but since I'm feeling so good and am so energetic, I've decided I'm going to retire early next year and enjoy myself! My husband is all for it so I'll be a slim lady of leisure next year at this time. Life is good!