Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Get the chewables or liquids ...its just for the first 6 months or so and we dont have the malabsorption problems from bypass. Most surgeons push the Vitamins anyway in the beginning so do what they say until you can see the lab results. I stopped the B12 immediately dinxe it was in the 1500s! And am now taking a solid Centrum, a liqid Calcium cuz i dont like swallowing horse sized pills ...i use bluebonnet. ..and a d3 chewable ...also bluebonnet...and a chewable probiotc . I get the bluebonnets from whole foods. ..could possibly find them online cheaper but am lazy

The amt of sorbitol u will ingest after 6 mos isnt enuf to worry about. You got bigger fish to fry...

Thank you!! Thank you!!

All these little tips are going to help a lot. I'm making notes :)

i took Bariatric Advantage chewable multi vitiams,and chewable carmel Calcium I didn't have to take vitiamins right away i think it was a month before i had to .. now i take Bariatric Advantage ultra multi formula with Iron and, the carmel calcium chewableevery day and a vitiamin B 12 once a week

Hi,

My doctor sells bariatric Vitamins. I know, but they really are the best for me. These vitamins have some sucrose (a sugar) and also some sorbitol. They are chewable and taste so-so (the orange flavor). BUT they are packed with the right Vitamin stuff for bariatric patients. I take 4 a day. EX: the Vitamin B 12 is 140mcg or 233% each pill. I take 4 of those a day. The name of the vitamin is Bariatric Fusion. Nothing is cheap, but remember you will be cutting down on a lot of food, so it is not that expensive over all. I also get vitamins in my Protein Shakes. I prefer Premier Protein because I can get 30g of Protein with each shake. I get Premier Protein at Walgreens and they often have sales.

if you have a costos near you they sometimes have Premier Protein on sale for $20 a case, 18 in a case. usually it $24 na case i love them put into a blender with ice like a milkshake

Here's a question for everyone. Has anyone heard of any medical reasons why one would be turned down for bariatric surgery? Besides the obvious serious heart problems.

When I got the checklist from my doctor each thing on the list had to be completed. Several medical tests to be sure your stomach,esophagus gallbladder,and intestines were clear and functioning. Also a breathing function test was done. Each item was a checkpoint for your individual

Health situation as a preventative protocal to help prevent complications.

Your surgeon will help you through this!!!!

You are asking all the right questions!!!!!

On one of the other boards, there was a woman who did not pass her psych evaluation. Apparently, she came off as an over emotional person for going into rants about having to do so much to qualify for surgery. We all go through similar problems, but she went hysterical over her challenges. She went bonkers over everything so I guess the surgeon thought, "Who needs this?" That's my guess. And there might be something important about finding out how excitable and over-reactional a patient might be. Who would want a combative and continually upset person as a patient?

LOL well one problem solved, don't have gall bladder anymore. A lot of those other tests I have each year for my physical.

I also see a cardiologist once a year.

Wow, now that lady had a problem. I don't blame the surgeon for turning her down.
I also read about a woman that they turned down because she was in the hospital at least once a year for depression. She even admitted she was suicidal! The doctors turned her down also. That one I can really understand the rejection.

I'm not worried about the physc eval.

I'm 8 months, 4 days post-op, and today I reached my weight loss goal ... 150 pounds!

Woot!

Congrats!!!

great congrat . isn't it wonderful? i'm so happy for you

Vsgann..wow! U lost 150 lbs in 8 months? Phenomenal!

Or maybe her goal was to weigh 150?

What an accomplishment! You DID it and should be very vey proud!

CONGRATULATIONS!