Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

toler, I am so happy for you. we all get nervous. you'll be fine.. you waited a long time for this. its finally here.. you have a great doctor and soon it will be over and you will be on your way to a new life.. we are all here for you.

@@patsy1947

Thank you patsy! Since the broken foot healed, I've finally gotten back to walking. It may all be in my mind, but I seem to be feeling every extra pound I'm carrying. I just drag on my walks. It could be from being a slug for 6 weeks, I don't know. I'm sure, once I get some of the weight off, I won't feel like this.

Hey, question, did you have to do injections in your stomach after surgery? They told us, when we went to the TMC orientation class, that we would be doing that, to help keep our blood thinned. I've just never heard anyone else mention that.

Also, did you have a drain after surgery?

I'll ask Dr Monash tomorrow, but just thought I'd inquire here too.

Hello, I'm 67 and was sleeved on 9/3. This week has sure been an up and down ride! Had lap band removed, large hiatal hernia repaired at the same time. Have another small abdominal hernia to be repaired later. I did a no no when I got home from the hospital...I weighed myself! Please don't make that mistake after surgery! I regained the 10# I'd lost in the two weeks before surgery thanks to a nonstop IV and inactivity. 6 days later now, I'm wiser and 11# lighter, but it was a major shock at the time. Also, going off the pain meds brought one day of weeping and a major pity party. However, after I realized what was causing it I was able to lose myself in a good book. My poor hubby spent that day in the garage working on the lawnmower, and taking 4 hours to mow the grass! We have a large lawn, but...!

I'm glad I'm finally at the end of that first week, because I'm finally able to get in and out of chairs, bed, the car with very little pain. And, best of all, I'm not constantly thinking about myself and my health, but able to take interest in outside activities again. My quilting group starts their new year next Monday and I'm raring to go!

Best of luck to all of you anticipating your upcoming WLS! That first week isn't a bed of roses, but the flowers are starting to smell sweet again!

@@Patsy

I'm doing injections for 2weeks...they don't want blood clots to form in our aging systems. I'm finding it very easy to do, and the needle is teeny tiny! I also had a drain. Doc removed it just before I was released. Piece of cake, if you'll pardon the expression. After such major surgery, a drain and a few injections are nothing to worry about!

Oh, that should have been @toler, not Patsy..sorry.

It's good you're loading up on as much information as possible before surgery. I'm sure you'll do fine!

ps. When I had my stress test, I was told to go to the bathroom before they started the meds and I did. In the last minute or so of the test (peak of exertion) I wet my pants. I mean I flooded the floor. They ended the test, said I passed. Is peeing the winning factor?

The shots are nothing compared to years of being heavy, ice the area first and breath out as you inject, it is over in a second. There are some up and down days but walk around your house every time you wake up it helps everything. Take pain meds as needed, I took mine at night as I had trouble sleeping on my sides. It isn't bad at all, I read it's best to go to the bathroom before the surgery as you don't want to be pushing the first few days and that was good advice and I'm glad I took Metamucil 24-48 hours before. Good luck

@@katybelle7

LOL the PA at my surgeons office told my hubby that the first 3-4 days, everything would be his (hubbys), if the sun didn't come up at the right time, hubbys fault, if the Water didn't get hot enough fast enough, hubbies fault LOL it was kind of funny. He told hubby to just walk very quietly and say yes dear, a lot.

I had to do a chemical stress test because they couldn't get my heart rate up high enough on the treadmill. It was fine, no problems, if you take away the fact that I threw up the 2 glasses of Water they wanted me to drink. ick Other wise I passed with flying colors.

Ok folks, now, what else aren't you all telling? This is the very first I've heard anyone (besides my question to Patsy) mention the shots. Anything else I might want to know? Come on, talk LOL

Sometimes I think I have too much information.

Oh, I ordered a couple sample packs from My bariatric pantry. They carry the Protein powders that my surgeons office recommends. I have also picked up sf Jello and sf pudding and sf popcicles. Not too much stuff though.

I'm 67 also and ready to start a thinner new life.

@@katybelle7

Forgot to mention, I am a quilter also.

toler, yes i did have the belly shot after operation its to keep you from getting blood clots,, don't be suprised if you turn black and blue at the site,, its normal. no i didn't have a drain after but i have heard that some people do. If you need help any time just let me know.. we are so close to each other only about 5 mins ..

toler have a shot glass and a timer handy,,, every 15 mins drink a shot glass of Water dont gulp just sip, every hour get up and walk,, you may not be able to walk far but walking will keep the gas pains away,, have your hubby bring a pillow with him for the ride home put it between seatbelt and stomach you may have to sleep in a recliner the first few days at home.. priemer Protein is a Protein shake thats not bad.tasting, and chicken broth is good too when you first get home.. a

@@patsy1947

Thank you so much for the tips. I've been a little worried about getting the Water in and your idea sounds like it would work like a charm.

I'll holler if I need you!

any time toler

It is terrifying and exciting when it begins getting close! Went to Doc for 5month checkup! Hit the 45lb loss and he was so pleased! All markers in normal range! Off almost all meds. In process of cutting pills in half!!!! You will be so pleased when the big day comes! Let us know!!!! Reach out if you need anything. We are all here for you!!!!

Thisisntprivate...who cares? You got something to hide?

toler how are you feeling,, have you had the operation yet? just wondered how you were..