Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

I have a had a big problem with family understanding what is going on. I recently went on a family trip to visit my brother and niece in Florida and of course I am limited on what I can eat. My aunt who was at the hospital with me the day of my surgery And my surgeon told her and my mom what was happening and everything. This hole trip she was continuously asking me did I eat what can I eat what you gonna eat why you not eating that is all you gonna eat? It became very annoying by the 3rd day and I started to get very frustrated. Every time she asked I explained to her again and again no I cant eat that I am fine no that is fried cant have that don't worry I am good. I just feel like this is why I didnt tell every one about my sleeve cause I just hate explaining myself and why I eat or maybe dont eat the way I do. Does anyone else have this problem and if so how do you deal with this? Cause it is really starting to get to me.

"Moms" will worry and fret and forget. I was raised with a Grandmom who was constantly offering a cookie with one hand then asking if I should be eating that cookie, cause I was chubby. And she was the diabetic one. Think like a duck and just let it go. It's hard enough to deal with the internal food things like seeing all the foods and wanting them regardless of knowing the new tummy is full after eating 3 oz.

I've been at a conference this week with multiple daily buffets. Think I'm bothered by this? You bet!!!!

I have a had a big problem with family understanding what is going on. I recently went on a family trip to visit my brother and niece in Florida and of course I am limited on what I can eat. My aunt who was at the hospital with me the day of my surgery And my surgeon told her and my mom what was happening and everything. This hole trip she was continuously asking me did I eat what can I eat what you gonna eat why you not eating that is all you gonna eat? It became very annoying by the 3rd day and I started to get very frustrated. Every time she asked I explained to her again and again no I cant eat that I am fine no that is fried cant have that don't worry I am good. I just feel like this is why I didnt tell every one about my sleeve cause I just hate explaining myself and why I eat or maybe dont eat the way I do. Does anyone else have this problem and if so how do you deal with this? Cause it is really starting to get to me.

I can so relate. I was choosy about who I told. I am 9 weeks out and feeling great. I had alot of trouble with my Dad, he likes to feed people. One wont hurt, go on it will make you feel better, then he is the first one to say geez your getting fat. I went and stayed with him in the country a couple of weeks ago with my husband. I only had a little of my hubby's food as I was just on soft solids. It killed old dad, you cant survive on that you will look sick. I was like you gotta stop Dad you are driving me nuts. In the end I explained that I was getting everything my body needed in my shake and the food I could get in was a bonus and I had to be choosy about what I felt I could handle as in texture etc. He is ok now, but I so get were you are coming from.

My boss is the same, I havent told him what I have had done just surgery on some stomach issues, he is always telling me to eat.

When my eating habits were at their worse no one mentioned them, now they all want a say! We are going to have to laugh it off and just keep on keepin on,

Just checking in! Surgery was 3/26 (2 months tomorrow) and I am down 30 pounds since surgery. It seems so slow and I am really struggling with not feeling disappointment. However, I try to look at the overall picture. I have lost a total of 70 pounds since beginning my journey. I am down 4 pant sizes. I can actually walk 3 miles without feeling like I am going to die. I am officially off of my blood pressure medicine. I am signed up to do a 5k next month. I am on the road to a healthy life - I am just trying to remember that it is a marathon, not a sprint! :)

Edited by AJ-NC

Almost to my halfway point for weight goal- but know it will go much slower going forward. My 3-month appointment is this week ( a week earlY) and i am looking forward to seeing my surgeon and saying thank you (after going through the long list of questions I've been building)

My only beef (and is a small one I admit) is that I am only down one pants size... 20 to 18. Blouse, rings, dresses are smaller - but can't believe only a few 16s will work now. Walking 2 miles a day. Had other abdominal surgery at same tome and have to get released (hopefully this week) for working with weights. Any suggestions?

Almost to my halfway point for weight goal- but know it will go much slower going forward. My 3-month appointment is this week ( a week earlY) and i am looking forward to seeing my surgeon and saying thank you (after going through the long list of questions I've been building) My only beef (and is a small one I admit) is that I am only down one pants size... 20 to 18. Blouse, rings, dresses are smaller - but can't believe only a few 16s will work now. Walking 2 miles a day. Had other abdominal surgery at same tome and have to get released (hopefully this week) for working with weights. Any suggestions?

I can totally relate! I have lost 40 pounds and can still fit in my same clothes...it's a blessing and a curse being tall...I can gain weight with little notice and unfortunately the same for losing it.

How far in are you?

I am a month and a few days! My doc took me off all Protein Shakes the start of the third week! He wants all my calories to come from food and not liquids now. I have to drink and thing non carbonated and zero calorie in between meals. Three meals a day.. No liquids 30 min before a meal or 1 hour after a meal.

Why did your doctor take you off of the shakes?

He wants all calories to come from food now not liquids and he wants me to eat Protein first then if room vegetables and if room... Hardly ever... Carb. Drink anything zero calorie and non carbonated in between meals.. Three meals a day.

I had some ice cream the other night and I got so sick! I hope the same for you! I feel like old habits die hard but a physical reaction definitely helps!

I had some ice cream the other night and I got so sick! I hope the same for you! I feel like old habits die hard but a physical reaction definitely helps!

Unfortunately, no reaction at all! I am afraid to even step on the scale this morning...maybe I'll wait until tomorrow. :)

interesting... my nutritionlist, said that her patients that do the best stay on at least 1 Protein Shake a day for life.

My doctor said something similar...it's the most Protein with the fewest calories...otherwise you are eating not because you're hungry but because you're trying to get 80+ grams of protein in...it's so interesting how very different the protocols are from doctor to doctor.

Everyone is telling me how good I look but I still see the same fat girl. Idk if anyone else if feeling this way. I feel great but for some reason I dont see what everyone else is seeing. I know that there is a change cause i am almost 2 sizes down but I still just see the same fat girl. Is anyone else feeling this way?