Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

I have tried so long to grow my hair I am going to keep it long but I did once have a goal of cutting it all off when I lost my weight. Maybe when I am at goal I will change my mind. It is coming out in droves now! I am not too worried, i have the thickest hair.< /p>

How is everyone going with choices outside of home. I have a few little tricks up my sleeve, I would love to hear others. If I am really stuck for enery I grab a Powerade, the sugars worry me so I only do this if I am feeling a little weak. I look for Jerky (lowest salt possible), small packet of nuts, a banana or if the kids are having take out I usually have a small peice of their chicken (no skin)

What do you all do when you are out and about at the shops or elsewhere?

Smash, I keep crystal lite packets in my pursue. I also have snack-packs of 16 almonds in my purse, car and office. I haven't worried too much about being out and about, as I do much better when I'm out and active. If i eat, I am brutally honest with my logging on my fitness pal. I'm working to keep calories at 800, but focusing more on Protein.< /p>

So I had my surgery March 14 weighing 281 and just reached 50 pounds lost...I feel like I should have lost more by now considering my husband had surgery the same day and he is down 75 pounds (but he doesn't eat, plus he weighed more than me to start)...where are you all at with your weight loss? Just trying to gain some perspective. ;)

So I had my surgery March 14 weighing 281 and just reached 50 pounds lost...I feel like I should have lost more by now considering my husband had surgery the same day and he is down 75 pounds (but he doesn't eat, plus he weighed more than me to start)...where are you all at with your weight loss? Just trying to gain some perspective. ;)

50 Pounds is awesome! Men always loose quicker, their metabolism is different. And I have heard on hear the more you have to loose the quicker the first amount comes off.

My advice is to compare your journey to your mile stones. I keep a graph and it shows my weekly loss. I count all of my victories, big and small. You guys are doing so great, keep it up. I had my sleeve on the 18th of March and am in about the same realm since surgery. Oh and Thank you for sharing your stories.

I had my surgery on 3/28/2014 I am 65lbs down now. My surgery weight was 297 but my highest weight was 307. Everyone loses the weight at their own pace. You cant compare your self to others. It will drive you nuts. You are doing great just keep doing what you are doing.

50lbs is huge. That's a small child. A kindergartner! You're doing awesome in my opinion!

I had surgery on march 23rd and am down 45lbs. I think that i could of done better so far but on the up side im down 2 jean sizes and 2 shirt sizes, i can now fit into a Large loosely. Im staying around 750-800 calories a day, whare are all of you staying at? I feel i have stalled so many times over the last 3 months, but i understand we all loose weight at different paces, but its one step at a time. Keep up the great work all!!

<p>I had surgery on march 23rd and am down 45lbs. I think that i could of done better so far but on the up side im down 2 jean sizes and 2 shirt sizes, i can now fit into a Large loosely. Im staying around 750-800 calories a day, whare are all of you staying at? I feel i have stalled so many times over the last 3 months, but i understand we all loose weight at different paces, but its one step at a time. Keep up the great work all!!</p>

45 is great, I had surgery march 6 and I'm down 48 lbs, I've hit a couple huge stalls and then I get lazy and my exercise levels go down and that doesn't help. I try to keep my calories down to 800 also, I use fitness pal for tracking. I find when I exercise enough to burn more calories than I take in i lose a significant amount.

I had surgery on march 23rd and am down 45lbs. I think that i could of done better so far but on the up side im down 2 jean sizes and 2 shirt sizes, i can now fit into a Large loosely. Im staying around 750-800 calories a day, whare are all of you staying at? I feel i have stalled so many times over the last 3 months, but i understand we all loose weight at different paces, but its one step at a time. Keep up the great work all!!

I agree with the stalls...this is the first week in the last 3 that I've lost weight...but I've learned not to get discouraged because the weight does eventually come off.

Hello March Sleevers, wanted to know what kind of daily meal menu are you guys following 3 months+ post surgery. Please share your sample menu? I was sleeved on 18th March and have lost total of 55lbs, 42lbs since the day of surgery. Happy with the outcome, though some shortcomings. From being plus size 2X I am now size L T-shirt and from size 18 to M or 14-12 in pants in the regular clothing section.

2 days back I noticed hair loss. I am pre-dominantly vegetarian and getting my Protein intake mainly from lentils. Quantity of food is still very less, like 5 bites per meal. I am wondering if this is causing Hair loss.< /p>

I workout 2-3 times a week, doing resistance training and 15min of cardio; I get a massage once a week hoping it will help with loose skin on my upper arm.

Would love to hear from you all

I was sleeved 3-25 this year and have lost 48 since surgery date overall 58.

I was sleeved 3-25 this year and have lost 48 since surgery date overall 58.

So I am 3 months out and doing ok. My weight loss has been pretty good. My highest weight was 307 lbs and my surgery weight was 297 lbs I am now 233 lbs and very happy with my progress thus far. Does any one have any suggestions on how I can thicken my hair. I had my hair twisted up for the past couple months and just recently took them out and I have noticed some thinning in the front of my hair. My nutritionist said that it will get better after a year but I cannot wait a year for my hair to thicken up. I have started Biotin just wondering if there is anything else I can do. I have naturally curly hair.

Just yesterday I picked Bamboo Silica from health food store. Nutritionist recommended. Has anybody used it and what was the results? Does Biotin helps? Loosing hair in hoardes since the past 10 days. Surgeon told me not to worry as it is temporary due to change in body and will re-grow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Any feedback on Phylia de M products?

Hi everyone .. I had my surgery 3/20 and I too regretted it from the moment I woke up after surgery. I am 60 lbs lighter and feeling awesome! Like everyone else there are good days and bad days .. My hair is thinning but I started taking Biotin and taking wheatgrass shots ???? but it has made a difference!! Hang in there, I promise it will get better!! God bless