Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

I went to the gym for the 1st time too and I think I did great. I focused on leg toning, and arms with 4lb weights. My legs are a Lil sorry but not too sore. It was a start. I stayed at the gym for an hr....hopefully within a wk or so I'm able to pick up the momentum and do more!! Excited to start getting this body into shape! 9 wks post op n down 63Lbs!!! Feeling good!!!

So i have to have a endoscopy done tomorrow morning because for the past 5 weeks of my recovery I have been having a hard time keeping solids down. I will eat get extremely nauseous take my nausea meds and start dry heaving then it just all comes up or some of it comes up. It has been horrible. The dry heaving is the worst. I hope that this works cause I would like to eat solids with out getting so sick.

Keep us posted, and I hope they find what's going on and is nothing complicated to fix!

>I had my endoscopy Friday morning. The doc had to dilate my sleeve. It was too tight and not allowing solid food to pass smoothly no matter how much i chewed it up. Witch cause my nausea and vomiting. Thank good he did that this weekend I was able to eat better with out the dry heaving and nausea. I still get a little nauseous but nothing like before.

That's great that they figured it out quickly and you're feeling better! So many people have a hard time getting things down, I bet that happens more often then they are realizing. Great to hear you're doing better!

Here's my 2 month update. Sorry for the undies!

Woohoo awesome.

Everyone is doing awesome, kudos & woohoo to everyone.

Im almost 6 weeks out and getting frustrated, im down a total of 26 pounds since I some how gain 2 pounds this week. I had a 2 week stall also & since then ive been up a pound, down a pound, yes I weight my self everyday ir every other.

After the surgery I used to have a ton of energy, now I barely want to get out of bed (im not working).

For some reason this week im always hungry even with getting in 65 grams of Protein. Im going to my first support group since the surgery tomorrow, I will speak with the NUT.

I can eat more than 5 bites ughhhh. So far everything goes down well unless i over eat & thats not a good feeling. I really dont no my limit yet until its to late, i think i might need to slow down when i eat. I eat between 400-800 calories aday, I try to focus on 60 grams of protein.

Hi Diva, your body is trying to shut down on you. Happens to all of us at some point. Increase activity and fluids, and it may be hard at first. Get that engine running and it will start to really burn the fat. You are doing great on the Protein. Keep up the good work and get some tweaking from the NUT at your meeting like you said. You are doing it right, it will work.

Everyone is doing awesome, kudos & woohoo to everyone.

Im almost 6 weeks out and getting frustrated, im down a total of 26 pounds since I some how gain 2 pounds this week. I had a 2 week stall also & since then ive been up a pound, down a pound, yes I weight my self everyday ir every other.

After the surgery I used to have a ton of energy, now I barely want to get out of bed (im not working).

For some reason this week im always hungry even with getting in 65 grams of Protein. Im going to my first support group since the surgery tomorrow, I will speak with the NUT.

I can eat more than 5 bites ughhhh. So far everything goes down well unless i over eat & thats not a good feeling. I really dont no my limit yet until its to late, i think i might need to slow down when i eat. I eat between 400-800 calories aday, I try to focus on 60 grams of protein.

Well I had an issue with energy too. My dietitian had me taking my B12 daily until my energy we up. It has really helped. I take the 1000mcg sublingual. Hope that helps.

good morning everyone its been a couple weeks been going through mind struggles my mind is wanting more food but my body and stomach can;t handle it been eating normal food feels good but bad to cuz i want it all i need surgery on my mind now lol. but doing good had some stalls here n there but back to loosing! me n my hubby r trying for kids so please keep us in ur prayers hoping that i am down more we can get pregnant damn weight 4 me was holding us back. how is everyone else doing? I go see my dr next tues for my one moth follow from surgery can't believe its been over a month already and i am down 30lbs . trying to get the gym in hard i can be lazy but when i go i make sure i work it lol. thank god 4 my hubby he does push and support me. hope everyone is doing well, especially with memorial day coming up my family wants to BBQ at a park excited 2 eat something but not excited when everyone else will be eating a hot dog n hamburgers n chicken n everything we shall se how that goes in 3wks will keep everyone posted i am going to have prob the BBQ chick and try a bit of a hot dog maybe ?? :D :P ;) B)

bodyweight.png?ts=1399470878

surgery.png?ts=1399472142

I had a job interview today and I can say for the first time I thought about (am thinking about) cheating. Why is it that we have our brains trained to believe food will fix everything?!!?!?!?

Hey ladies, just got back from the ER, my stomach has been hurting for the past 6 days. It feels like the worst menstrual cramps ever.

After the swallow test, xrays, sonogram, bllod work & urine test, it was determined I have a urinary tract infection. I was given 2 options, 1: stay overnight and run more test, 2: go back on liquids and see him Tuesday. Im choose option 2, if im not feeling better I will be admitted to the hospital fir more testing. He thinks I might have been eating to soon & upset my new tummy.

Hey ladies, just got back from the ER, my stomach has been hurting for the past 6 days. It feels like the worst menstrual cramps ever. After the swallow test, xrays, sonogram, bllod work & urine test, it was determined I have a urinary tract infection. I was given 2 options, 1: stay overnight and run more test, 2: go back on liquids and see him Tuesday. Im choose option 2, if im not feeling better I will be admitted to the hospital fir more testing. He thinks I might have been eating to soon & upset my new tummy.

hope you feel better soon. I have heard many stories that most hospitals & ER's don't really have the knowledge/expertise to properly treat/diagnose WLS patients. My surgeons office advises patients to call surgeon for consult.

hope you feel better soon. I have heard many stories that most hospitals & ER's don't really have the knowledge/expertise to properly treat/diagnose WLS patients. My surgeons office advises patients to call surgeon for consult.

Thank you. My surgeon works at that hospital, so he did come to see him & advise the ER docs.

Edited by 521Diva

Had my surgery 3/26 and as of this morning down 37 pounds. Still struggle with Water intake and enough Protein but I'm getting there. Good luck and best wishes to everyone.

Had my surgery 3/26 and as of this morning down 37 pounds. Still struggle with Water intake and enough Protein but I'm getting there. Good luck and best wishes to everyone.

You're doing awesome!

I have to track my Protein & Water otherwise I tend to fall short.

DEE

http://deekajungumbo.blogspot.com/2014/05/friday-weigh-in-mothers-day-weekend.html

Edited by KajunGumbo

So idk if this is too much info but I am having a hard time with making #2. The only time I am able to go is when i drink Miralax. I am 6 weeks out and have not gone in like a week. Any one know what I can do to help get things moving. My dietitian said to increase my Fluid intake which i have done but still nothing.