Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay let's get a run down of what you are eating. Only then can someone help you. What do you eat for your three meals and are you snacking. This time is hard because it's up to you to do the work. Being stressed and depressed is not helping with your weight loss and will hinder it. I think you need to talk to your doctor. Sometimes fills do not ever get rid of hunger I know just ask me. It's just something I have learned to live with. Instead of being in total break down mode explain what you are doing and maybe we can help. Weight loss depends on high Protein, low carb, sleep, moving your bowels regularly, not being stressed, depressed and getting in 64 ounces of Water not liquids Water a day.

Yeah as some of the others have posted - what exactly are you eating to make up your food intake (fully 100% honest about every little bite, nibble or sip). Measure/weigh your food to account for everything. Do you have myfitnesspal? A number of us log everything in there. My username is the same as here if you want to friend me. I still drink alcohol (and probably more than I should) so that adds empty calories and is slowing my progress.

I was banded Dec 16th. My doctor gave my first fill 6 weeks post op and my second fill isn't till 6 weeks later. I'm pretty hungry too but trying my best to control portion sizes. I'm eating more frequently but small little meals. I was given 4.8cc in my 10cc band and I'm hungry most of the time too. I never feel full, get the pain in the shoulder, hiccup, nose sniffles, or any other signal but just reach a point I feel I should stop eating. I feel like I'm just on a regular eat less diet.

Are you eating gluten and could you have a gluten intolerance? I've heard of many people who eat grains / gluten of any kind will just pack (keep) on the pounds, stay bloated and stay hungry. If I have bread, I notice that the scale will add a pound or two for a couple of days.

Also, are you working out? Even though the scale might not be moving, maybe you're gaining more muscle. Are your clothes fitting better?

Have you had blood work done recently? Could your thyroid or some other hormone be off this keeping the weight on you?

I wish you the best. It's definitely a struggle when you want to be in the green and no longer be hungry. I get that. I'm just trying to have the patience needed till I get my second fill next week.

Okay let's get a run down of what you are eating. Only then can someone help you. What do you eat for your three meals and are you snacking. This time is hard because it's up to you to do the work. Being stressed and depressed is not helping with your weight loss and will hinder it. I think you need to talk to your doctor. Sometimes fills do not ever get rid of hunger I know just ask me. It's just something I have learned to live with. Instead of being in total break down mode explain what you are doing and maybe we can help. Weight loss depends on high Protein, low carb, sleep, moving your bowels regularly, not being stressed, depressed and getting in 64 ounces of Water not liquids Water a day.

Good point Cheryl, no one has mentioned the very critical visit to the nutritionist. First mistake I made was to break the 'no drinking when eating' rule. If you drink fluids when you eat you make the food slide down faster and then your "I'm full" feeling doesn't happen when it should. Also Protein protein protein! Always prioritize your protein to make sure you are getting enough. I am 5 weeks out and haven't lost a lb in 4 weeks, I even gained 2 during PMS. My support group meeting held by the nut reminded me of the basics I had already forgotten. I came home feeling better about this LONG TERM journey on the back of a SLOW TURTLE. Lots of love

Edited by sleepingarby

yes sorry I have 4cc. Sorry..

NOW I'm confused. you had 5cc but couldn't eat so you had 1cc removed and it left you with 1cc? Either I don't know how to count my cc's or there's a typo...lol

I'm 5 months in 9.2cc with a 10cc band. I'm having same issues. Don't give up for some of us it just takes longer.

How are you at a 9.2cc in a 10cc band. I had my surgery in December 2013 and went in for my 2nd fill this past week. and she put in 5cc..I couldnt get anything except liquids down.So I went back in and had her take out 1cc to leave me at a 1cc. WOW..you probably cant eat anything.Impressive. Way to go!

Sorry I put a typo in there responded from my phone. Silly me. I now have 4cc in.

the band is a lot of work. I have a 14 cc band and now have 8.5 cc in it. I am also 9 mos. out. while I was waiting for the band to work I still ate smaller amounts and pretended I was restricted. this is a learning time for you. what foods work and ones that don't. if you don't learn to eat small, chew thoroughly, and eat slowly you are not going to like it when you are feeling restriction. take a deep breath. read how the band works. once you get to the green zone you will lose wt. but you can lose wt now if you work at it. I wish you luck. don't sabotage yourself now. you are only 2 mos. into this. it takes awhile.

I am not an expert or anything, but this is what I would do: 1. start a diary of your food intake (you can try my fitness pal); 2. are you exercising? 3. more Protein less carbs; 4. eat more strategically (what I mean with this is - when you are hungry, eat something more filling with low calories - like an egg white veggie omelet).

Please don't be discouraged. You are still brand new at this and it honestly takes time. Maybe the amount of ccs that they say you have aren't correct either. I have heard of some people mention on here before that they thought they had a certain amount of ccs in their band, to find out it was incorrect.

My surgeon doesn't share fill amounts because it can become obsessive and it doesn't really matter because each person is different. The goal is to find the "sweet spot" -- that place where the band is dimming your appetite. You will get there! I had to have six fills. When I was first banded, I had no appetite and thought maybe I was some one who wouldn't ever even need a fill. That was right before the appetite returned and prior to my first fill (I didn't have any Fluid in my band at placement). I had read so much about this on the forum that I wasn't worried -- I just tried to eat well and I focused on exercise. Plus all the behavior modification issues -- eating very slowly (I practiced with the oven timer), using tiny utensils and actually putting them down between bites -- very hard for me for some reason. Noticing, noticing, noticing all those times when I want to go for food just because I am anxious about something. Figuring out my triggers. Basically working the program prior to the real dimming of the appetite, which as I said did not happen for me until I got that sixth fill. But each consecutive one gave me the opportunity to learn more about what works well for me food-wise. How very well I have to chew my food, how slippery or rubbery foods are not good for me. I needed to learn that before I had too much restriction. You are getting there! Of course this is a terrible time of year, at least where I live. It is bleak and icy and muddy and we're expecting another storm. Easy to be down in the dumps for every reason but know that spring is coming. You have made this choice for your healthy new life. Celebrate!

Hi there. It sounds like your doctor is not providing enough education. I feel like my office was very up front about realist progress and the work that I would be required to do.

I was banded in Sept. 2013. Made it up to 4 ccs and then had emergency gallbladder surgery in November and a complete infill. I spent 6 weeks with no Fluid and that was a real challenge. I really had to work out and measure my food.

Now I am back up to 4 ccs and am very thankful for my small fills. I feel like it has allowed me to practice my new lifestyle and avoid some of the issues I see with people that have big fills.

The lap band is not magic. It does tell me when I am reaching my limit or have made a bad food choice. I am thrilled to not be hungry between meals but the band does not fix head hunger. You have to find new ways to cope with stress, anxiety and depression.

You might see if any local hospitals have support groups for bariatric surgery. It may help for you to visit with people on the same journey and get a more realistic impression of how the band works.

Hang in there!

Thank you all so very much for your input, advice and comments. You have provided some priceless bits of information. And it is very unrealistic to have expected more than 5 lbs with my lack of activity, mediocre diet and only having any Fluid in the band at all for 3 weeks, even if it's insufficient! Thank you.

What I have gleaned from all this, is that I have a lot of areas in my diet and my life I need to work on. I suppose I had been hoping that after getting banded, I would lose a few pounds and that would give me excitement and hope and that would give me some initiative to start making lots of other changes in my behavior and lifestyle.

I'm afraid I've let the situation here get too bad now I probably need to address other related issues than just band weight loss. I guess probably everyone here has suffered depression and lack of motivation to some degree or other. My size and appearance and health play a huge part in that, but I have let things progress to where I have to address even leaving the house or doing anything at all as a separate issue. And that is probably way too much for anyone in here - we all need to be encouraged and motivated and I don't want to have an adverse affect on anyone.

I probably won't be commenting much because of that, but I am very glad to have found this place and you wonderful people. I will be reading and following, and contributing too if I can do it without dragging someone else down.

You can't fix what's broken if you don't have support. Even though we are not your family we still can help with any concerns you might have. The only way the band will work is if you are willing to change your eating habits. I know it sounds like any other diet but it really isn't. We have spent all of our life poisoning our bodies with food that it's hard to let go of those old habits. You will feel so much better mentally and physically when you change your eating habits. It certainly wouldn't hurt to see someone about your depression either. You have to take baby steps but you had surgery and you need to work on that so you can feel better about your self.

Tonia, you don't ever need to worry about having an adverse effect -- hopefully you will chime in whenever you want and know that you don't have to be a cheerleader or winning the races all the time. We all struggle and it's good to know that no one is alone. It is a difficult thing, the battle of weight issues and all that involves -- and you are in good company. Best wishes to you!

The only way you can have an adverse effect is if you are super negative and put other people down by telling them they are wrong, stupid or what not. We're here to support you. We're your band-family. None of my friends or family are banded and while they try to be supportive they just don't get it. Depression and bad expectations are unfortunately normal around here. Just vent if you need to, you are not alone. :)

The only way you can have an adverse effect is if you are super negative and put other people down by telling them they are wrong, stupid or what not. We're here to support you. We're your band-family. None of my friends or family are banded and while they try to be supportive they just don't get it. Depression and bad expectations are unfortunately normal around here. Just vent if you need to, you are not alone. :)

Ditto!

You guys are wonderful. Thank you.

I have a fill appointment on Tuesday (day after tomorrow). I am going to talk to my doctor and go back to square one and work on my diet and attitude. I researched this doctor, and talked to someone who worked with him for 8 years, and I really like him from the limited contact we've had so far. I have hope that he can put me (back?) on the right path.

I appreciate you guys caring, and I will come back and let you know what happens. Thank you again. <3