Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 pre-op group

No problem

My starting weight was 262 and I weighed myself today at 243.4 and I am 8 days post op....I am terrified to start eating food again. I have this fear that I won't continue losing weight:( that I would gain everything back. I have a meeting with my surgeon on the 6th so he can assess my healing and clear me for puréed foods. As much as I would love to have solid foods, I'm scared. I guess I will discuss these concerns with him. I just have this horrible feeling that my surgery won't work and I will never get to my goal. I can't even picture myself at a healthy weight.

I have that same fear! Every time I eat/drink something I just think I'm going to be part of that small % that surgery does nothing for. I don't feel like I'm losing. I don't have a scale so it's not the numbers. I think my main problem is that I haven't even come close to my liquid and Protein goals. Dehydration makes your body save all the Water weight. I dont know. It sucks but I guess we can only take it one day at a time.

How is everyone doing?

I cheated and had mashed potatoes. Heaven!

I was finally discharged this afternoon. My surgeon was not comfortable letting me go yesterday since I was not getting in enough fluids. I have not had any hunger feelings so I have to keep reminding myself to drink some Protein or broth every hour or so. It is starting to get easier and I am glad to have the support I do. The biggest struggle I am having is with my sisters negative vibes but I know I did what's best for me.

Hope everyone is holding up well.

I did too!!!! Last night and today.. I have not had anything else!! They were wonderful!

Haha!! That's funny because I am making dinner for my daughter. Homemade baked chicken tenders greenbeans and mashed potatoes and I took a couple bites of the potatoes and OMG!!!! It was amazing!!!

Edited by JessM11

Omg !! Lol I bet hmmmmm I want some . I am only 10 days post op how many days are you ? I am sooooo tired of the liquid diet like I don't even bother eating broth it's just not fun , all I do is drink all day ughhhh i am feeling really down

Omg !! Lol I bet hmmmmm I want some . I am only 10 days post op how many days are you ? I am sooooo tired of the liquid diet like I don't even bother eating broth it's just not fun , all I do is drink all day ughhhh i am feeling really down

I'm 10 days post op too... I just could not take it any longer and I feel myself getting depressed. I was not eating anything, just drinking the shakes because nothing else was good. The mashed potatoes were wonderful, I had a Protein Shake as well so I got my Protein in. It was just wonderful to get something other than sweet in my mouth

Hey guys it's ok it's purée food so it's ok to eat them just make them purée enough similar for a child

I am 10 days post op you think it will be ok if I had some mash potatoes ? I am going crazy over here lol

I'm 10 days post op too... I just could not take it any longer and I feel myself getting depressed. I was not eating anything, just drinking the shakes because nothing else was good. The mashed potatoes were wonderful, I had a Protein Shake as well so I got my Protein in. It was just wonderful to get something other than sweet in my mouth

Ok I am 10 days post op too!! I am excited lol I don't think I have never been this excited to have mash potatoes lol I have been feeling the same way depressed and I only drink my Water and protein all day because everything is not satisfying at all

I am 10 days post op too. I didn't eat a bowl, just 2 small bites and my belly feels FULL! I don't think I am quite depressed but just down. I had to make a birthday cake last night for my friend and it wasn't the cake that bugged me, when I got there there was a huge table of crackers, cheese, summer sausage, dips, toasties, fruit BLAH!!! I didn't stay long and all my friends are out at the bar celebrating her birthday now and I opted to stay home and told myself that I'm sacrificing the short term for the long term

I am so over the liquid diet too:/ I don't want to stuff my face, but I want to be able to go out to my social events, restaurants and not have to say, it's ok I'll just sip my tea (since I already drank my Protein before I went).