Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marijuana

I haven't told my surgeon just because I didn't feel it was necessary or his business honestly. My primary care physician knows though because I have my medical marijuana card and I had her fax my records to a clinic otherwise she probably wouldn't know either.

I plan on partaking the day I get home from the hospital but will avoid methods that make me cough until I feel comfortable. I'll use a vaporizer or oil pen or a tincture until fully healed.

I walk up and down a train platform with an OZ of pot in my Louis Vuitton bag, strutting my Manolo Blahniks, reeking of pot and nobody will even look at me twice.

I would love to watch an NY episode of cops where that LV bag is searched while the Manolos fall off the feet of someone held down on the ground. Just sayin'

I love threads like these. They remind me how lucky I am to live in a country that actually has freedom and equality. Though I am not without compassion and it does hurt to see such ignorance and ingrained racism in others, so much so that those who express it are at a loss to see it when they look in the mirror. It certainly puts my own struggles in perspective.

That said.......

Marijuana acts on the neurotransmitters in the brain that stimulate the senses. Taste is a sense. If you have food issues or food addictions, then the WORST thing you can do post surgery is continue to use marijuana. While your initial results may be pleasing, your long term results are likely to be below average. Take a clean break. If you are kicking the bad food choices, then kick the bad lifestyle choices.

Taste is a sense. The reason marijuana users get the 'munchies' is because the taste senses go into overdrive. It's a case of 'once you start'.......

You have a golden opportunity in front of you with this surgery to change your lifestyle. The best way to deal with the munchies post surgery is not to take marijuana. Weather you smoke it or vale it or eat it or stick it in your ear.

I have chronic pain, very severe, and and looking for high cbd, low thc pot...dont like the high anymore...anyone in Co..do they make such an animal?

I live in oregon but buy a CBD tincture from a dispensary. They extract the CBD using vegetable glycerine, it doesn't contain any thc and does wonders for pain and people with seizures.

Wayans Bros. intro- one of my favorite shows of all times!! I'm hoping, for their own sake, that the people who are so offended never watched the show... That would just make them hypocrites.

To the original poster. Thanks for the post. I'm sorry it was turned into something other than what you intended- by a white person, nonetheless.

I hate to use the term AFRICAN AMERICAN (unless its a second generation AFRICAN, or a naturalized AFRICAN) the term "African American" when used to describe a black person just sounds to ME like someone is trying really hard NOT to "sound" racist. It's like a black poster above said: "She's not from Africa" All black ppl I know are ok with being called black, so that's the term I choose to use.

GastricBypassNY, it's clear by reading your "controversial" use of the word *colored* that you didn't mean any harm. Stop&Frisk needs to STOP NOW!! *fist pump* LoL

Miss ny2fly, who do YOU think you are coming here, with your "educated self", give your opinion using the term "redneck hillbillies" and say: "If there's any negative replies don't waste your time." hahahaha!! That's just an invitation to continue to "stir the pot" (PUN INTENDED)

zoeonelove, congrats on such great weighloss!!

B52, the link you posted didn't work. Can you post it again, please?

....and "sweet cheeks'" questions allot about FIVE pages of the seven on this thread. Shhhhesh!! Stop asking the same question over and over again. Gather your thoughts and post them ALL in question form in ONE POST. Thanks, it just keeps the thread cleaner, and your questions can be better answered.

In December hubby and I invested in the PAX vaporizer. He has chronic back pain, and I just like to mellow out from time to time. We never smoke to a point where we are too high to function- about two puffs and we are DONE- then it's off to watch TV and laugh our asses off. I always make sure I've had a nice, fatty (Atkins) meal a few hours before partaking, and I make sure I have high Protein Snacks (like pepperoni slices) nearby in case I get the "munchies". I have great self-control when it comes to smoking post-op thank God!! I do, however, allow myself ONE fun-sized chocolate when I'm high because the taste of chocolate is euphoric to me when I'm high. (Atkins be damned) LoL

Edited by HotButterFly

No one complaining except you, the thread is fine doesn't need to be clean, try to keep up if you don't have anything nice to say then silence is a virtue!! I'm asking the same question because everyone is different and has different responses

I live in oregon but buy a CBD tincture from a dispensary. They extract the CBD using vegetable glycerine, it doesn't contain any thc and does wonders for pain and people with seizures.

Thanks!

I smoke it instead of using anti depressants. It evens me out mentally without all the insane side effects of pills. Anyway, I smoked up throughout my pre op and an 5 mos. post op doing great. I do occasionally get the munchers, but I eat healthier Snacks if that happens. I'm doing "excellent" according to my surgeon. It helped A LOT after surgery. I had trouble getting in fluids for quite awhile. But, after smoking I would have a little dry mouth and was able to tolerate more liquids.

PM me if you ever want to :)

So you smoked all through pre-op and 5 months post-op? Did you tell your surgeon you smoke?
No, I never told the surgeon, and yes I smoked just about every day during the entire process. I'm currently looking at a possible job change, so Ill have to stop my self medication and go on the pills for awhile. I'm definitely not psyched about it, but if I want to find the perfect job I have to be able to jump through the hoops. Ohio isn't very friendly about things like marijuana, so that's why I kept it from him.

Wow..I admire your self control. I can't imagine smoking and not eating everything in sight. I asked about high cbd, low thc pot before; do these strains give you the munchies?

Did you ever stop smoking prior to surgery?

No I didn't, and I didn't tell my surgeon either. I don't think it would of mattered if I told him because I was going to continue to smoke anyways. I just had my checkup and I'm 10 weeks and I'm down 80 lbs total. So I don't think smoking has effected my surgery negatively at all.

I'm personally sick of the politically correct dumb ass shit just to keep the previously persecuted masses happy , when most current white people don't give a shit what color you fucking are or anyone else for that matter. Just give her a break. This is a god damn fucking weight loss app which none of us should have to waste the time to be on on the first Place. We all have 5 million other problems than this god damn fuching surgery. So let's just focus the solution and not the problem. I'm white. If I was personally offended by everything that was said to me all day long I would have no life besides this waste of time app. So I say like everything in this ridiculous process- take the help u can and leave the rest. Really !! Really? Don't you have bigger problems than this to bitch about about. Well I hope you don't but most people do.