Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marijuana

Interesting that in this day and age with our current president we still can't have a convo about race-makes people uncomfortable and I know it's off topic but if it wasn't wouldn't it still want to be avoided

No one complaining except you, the thread is fine doesn't need to be clean, try to keep up if you don't have anything nice to say then silence is a virtue!! I'm asking the same question because everyone is different and has different responses

That is very true however there is a way to ask the ones you wanted to all in one post or perhaps in a private message. The person nor myself are trying to be rude or complaining just simply trying to inform you so you do not have to keep asking multiple times is all.

As we all scroll thru we have go several posts before seeing what the next person had to say & maybe something else that someone else asked might get missed by people trying to scroll past several posts that are repeats is all.

The Off Topic topic that wouldn't die....

Annnnyway, the munchies. The bad bad dangerous munchies. I smoke a whole lot less than I used to but I will have an occasional doobie-break after surgery. I guess my plan will be to have healthy delicious food I can look forward to munching on within reach of the remote and my sofa. Ya know, that way I won't have to move much since I'll be all roasty toasty stoned and all.

What your post says about you is that you know absolutely nothing about the NYPD. Smoking is illegal in NY so no matter what your ethnic origin is your getting a ticket.

either you're in DENIAL, or you're not understanding what she said. Yes, if you happen to be something other than Latino/black and are caught with weed, you ARE ticketed or taken in (whatever it is they do according to the amount) BUT, Latinos/blacks get **stopped**(key word) in a disproportionate way. Please, be honest with yourself and accept stop&frisk is discriminatory.

C'mon stoners..... Focus!

lmaooo!! Best post on this thread! By far!

Right because everyone who smokes marijuana is using it as a crutch? Because it has no medicinal properties what-so-ever? Get educated. Also not everyone is obese because of an addictive personality. Your hasty generalizations and ignorance is unwelcome.

you are a smarty-pants... <~~~That's a compliment! ;)

That is very true however there is a way to ask the ones you wanted to all in one post or perhaps in a private message. The person nor myself are trying to be rude or complaining just simply trying to inform you so you do not have to keep asking multiple times is all.

thanks, cherbear33

Hot butterfly. I was born and raised in the Bronx. Stop and frisk does save lives. If you live in a black Latino neighborhood who do you think is going to get stopped. I don't want to argue just watch any news channel pick one. Every time a child is shot the outcry where are the cops. What are they doing. People like you and our new mayor are hindering the police. You wake up open your eyes. Yes it's sad. Unnecessary violence. People in the neighborhoods most time know who did the shooting but don't want to snitch on their friends. So what needs to be done?

For those of you who use marijuana for medicinal or recreational purposes... How have the 'munchies' affected you post op?

-for those of you who are anti-marijuana, your negativity on the topic is unwelcome.

If I'm correct this was the topic of discussion.... Not the BS that keeps popping up... Come on people just drop it already and move on!!! If it doesn't pertain to how marijuana has affected your "munchies" post op or you have something of value to add to the ACTUAL discussion than please keep the negativity to yourselves and move on! Some of us would like to hear about others experiences with this and all the BS is getting in the way!!! For everyone's sake just let it go already!!!

You can tell people on this thread are pot heads. Because only stoners would start a thread about MJ and munchies and morph it into racism and NYPD stop and frisk policies. Now wat were we talking about again?

LMAO!!!! I thought this same thing when the thread was about 10 posts shorter, but I didn't want to be a "downer." But seeing your post in print made me laugh out loud! Thanks.

This is ridiculous and petty, clearly GastricBypassNY was using a term that sounded racist because Stop & Frisk being performed by the police in New York is racist.

This thread has been educational, enlightening and entertaining....✌️

Wanted to give an update. My surgery was march 24th, my surgeon cleared me 3 days post op to use marijuana. I have since then and have had no problems. I do not get the munchies.

I live in Texas and mj is still ilegal here, I am against using it

recreational but for using medically if needed.

It is also still illegal in my state. That is the only problem I have with it. If it were legal I would equate it w/having a beer or a glass of wine. If I needed it for medical reasons I would have no problems using it w/a prescription. It's medical use is increasing in popularity and acceptance. We have several locations in our area where you can get it and business is booming.

As far as munchies go (I'm very familiar w/this, being a child of the 70's) keeping snack-type foods around that also have high Protein is a great idea, as someone suggested. Nutrition stores stock high Protein Snacks that satisfy crunchy-salty cravings while meeting protein needs. I like CrunchO's w/12gr of protein (also available on Amazon). Nuts, while higher in fat, have protein and healthy oils, and Protein Bars are satisfying too. MJ isn't the only thing that causes munchies - I tend to want Snacks when I have my wine. Alcohol lowers my will power and relaxes my judgment a bit so having protein snacks available helps me to stay on track during weak moments. :-)

I'm glad I wasted my time reading all this bull to find only 2-3 postings regarding the subject at hand.....I guess I'll take my chances pre- surgery!!!!