Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need a talipia recipe

Talapia has a taste sort of like a mild catfish, so any catfish recipe should be good. If you are not overly concerned about the lowest calorie option, I would season the fish with at least salt and pepper and then add some things from there if you want to (cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, etc, etc - but not too much of anything). Then dredge the fish in flour. Melt some butter in a pan and saute the floured and seasoned fish until it has just a little brown color on each side. As with all fish, avoid overcooking at all costs. Finish with some lemon juice or perhaps a dash of vinegar. Eat like that or with a bit of tartar sauce. It's truly grand.

A lower calorie way would be to season the fish and bake it until just done. No flour, no butter. This will still be good, but not as good as the above recipe.

If you feel really ambitious, find a good recipe on the internet for batter or beer batter, dip the fish in the batter and deep fry in some hot vegetable oil that is heated to about 350 degrees. Cook until medium brown but not overcooked. Serve with lemon wedges or red wine vingegar or malt vinegar or balsamic vinegar, and tartar sauce.

Some kind of potato is great with this, of course, and a salad.

i fixed it in a skillet with a little butter in the pan and i seasoned the fish with lemon pepper and it was very good

Any fish can be done with the following receipes, and they all taste good:

Pan fry (olive oil):

1) rosemary, salt & pepper to taste. Since my last fill, I have to take off the rosemary if the sprigs are too large. (You could add garlic and parmesan to this too for a change.)

2) garlic pepper, S & P to taste.

3) Lemon juice/slice, S & P to taste.

Microwave:

1) Cover with italian dressing, cook in microwave for a few minutes (thick salmon takes about 4 minutes). Also works well with Greek, and Olive oil/vinegar dressing. Just be sure to cover with a paper towel.

Grill:

Wrap fish and herbs in foil and throw on the grill right at the end.

Fish has been my safe food, so I try and keep it light and tasty. Ms. Dash has about 20 different combos now, and I have tried each and every one of them on fish. I like tipalia, orange roughy, tuna, and salmon. All work with the seasonings above.

I just sprinke it with a fish seasoning and bake it at a high temp (400) for about 10 minutes (cook silvery side down). You can cook it on the grill if you want but you'll need foil.

Tilapia is more like flounder to me, very mild and almost a sweet taste, especially with a little tarter sauce. Last week I ordered the Grouper sandwich at Hooters, without the bread, it was a very mild, great tasting fish.

Since I love tuna, the fishy taste doesn't bother me too much, but let me get a bone in my mouth and I'll start gagging and that's it, I can't go back to that piece.

Italian dressing is great on any type of fish, nuked, grilled, or broiled. I put a few slices of onion under mine to keep it from sticking to the pan, and it picks up the flavor of the onion.

I put tilapia on the forman grill with a little pam and some garlic powder and it is wonderful. Chilean sea bass is great too but can be pricey.

Fran

Tilapia is a non-fishy fish that is firmer than flounder and delicious. I place a filet in an egg wash and then dredge it in some italian flavored panko breadcrumbs. I place the filets on a foil lined pan that I spray with olive oil PAM and bake it at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes and then flip it over and bake another 2 minutes.

I eat tilapia all the time. Very, very high in Protein. These aren't exact recipes because I just kind of make them, but here's an idea of what I do:

Spray metal pan with Pam, season bottom of pan (I often use "Salmon Magic" - it's a combination of sugar, salt, garlic, mustard seed, etc., or "Cavender's Greek Seasoning). Place fish, spray top of fish with Pam, season top, bake at 450 for 10 - 15 mins. Always comes out moist and perfect.

Mix mayo, parmesan, asiago and sour cream. You can use Lite versions if you prefer. Put fish in a baking dish, top with mixture. Bake 450 for 10 - 15 minutes.

Marinate in a Thai sauce (I make it as I go, generally it's a bit of brown sugar, orange juice, peanut sauce, soy sauce, chili oil and just a pinch of masala), grill. I do veggie and fruit kabobs with it - onions, mushrooms, pineapple, tomatoes, corn sections, etc.

Pan fry in Pam lemon, optionally add lemon pepper, or satuee in butter with garlic and lemon zest.

I love all fish (I should as I work in an aquarium). This isn't a tilapia recipe (can't wait to try Wheetsin's recipes), but for salmon, I use the juice from a dill pickle jar, stone grounded mustard, about a tablespoon of garlic and a squirt of lemon. Soak the fish for 30 min. than put on the george with some garlic pepper. But the best way to have salmon is smoked.

DH loves salmon. I hate it - can't even stand the smell. But when I make him salmon I do as follows:

Slice the meat along the grain about every 3" (this is when I made him a full fillet). Cut cold butter into small bars and press into slits. If I have homemade herb butter I will use it, but I normally don't so I use regular salted sweet cream butter. Season with the good old "Salmon Magic" seasoning. Cover with fresh baby dill branches. Top with lemon slices. Wrap in foil. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes. Remove from foil, bake for another 10 minutes.

Usually while the salmon bakes I prepare his favorite salmon side sidh - butter fill russet potatoes. Just steam the potatoes over salted Water until they are semi firm. Then melt half a stick of butter, add a pinch of garlic powder, about half a tsp black pepper, and the remaining baby dill (I buy the fresh packs and usually save 2 branches for the potatoes). Once melted and mixed, add the potatoes and cover at low heat until everything else is ready to go. When you serve, remove the dill branches and spoon just a little bit of the butter mixture over the potatoes.

I would like to know what is the mildest tasting fish available for cooking. I just hate a fishy tast ....

I'm with you, I don't care for strong fish flavor. Try Orange Roughy. Buy a lot, it shrinks a lot! :D

hey..

i TOTALLY dig fish and my fav is sushi!

But my husband HATES all fish and things that come from a sea, lake or pond...

and man they are so right patsy, fish is LOW LOW LOW in calories and HIGH HIGH HIGH in protien!!!

For simplicity:

I keep on hand an ample supply of Gordons fish fillets, frozen..in the freezer. THey are little square fillets and you can use them in place of steak for bbq's, or dress them up when everyone else is having spaggetti with spag sauce on top and parmesian! I love em and try to eat at least two fillets a day, often more.

you can get different flavors, types etc...