Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need a talipia recipe

Check out the "golden Tilapia" recipe on Foodnetwork.com.. Its a favorite of mine.. pre-op that was.. Hope I can have it again soon.

I would like to know what is the mildest tasting fish available for cooking. I just hate a fishy tast ....

Orange Roughy is excellent, I would recomend it :)

I've heard it's good cajun-style...covered with blackening seasoning. I'm not a fish person myself, but sounds like I should try the orange roughy.

I make taliapa all the time!!!

I make a little holder out of foil. Put the fish in it with some butter. Sprinkle it with cajun seasoning and throw some diced garlic in it. It is good everytime! Sometimes I put alfredo sauce over the top of it and it is yummy!

Don't know if you are still looking but here is one.

All you need:

4 (6 oz each) tilapia fillets

salt and black pepper to taste

1 c. chopped Roma tomatoes, seeded

1 tbsp fresh chopped basil

2 ounces fresh mozzarella, divided

All you do:

1. <LI class=body_text_medium_darkgray>Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Salt and pepper tilapia. <LI class=body_text_medium_darkgray>Stir together Tomato and basil. <LI class=body_text_medium_darkgray>Place tilapia on a greased baking sheet. Bake 6 minutes; turn fish and top each with ½ oz mozzarella and ¼ cup tomato mixture.
  2. Return to oven and cook another 4 minutes.

Daily nutritional values:

8% Vitamin A

6% Vitamin C

10% Calcium

6% Iron

Nutrition information per serving:

Calories: 210

Carbohydrate: 2 g

Cholesterol: 95 mg

Dietary Fiber: 0 g

Fat: 6 g

Protein: 37 g

Saturated Fat: 3 g

Sodium: 190 mg

Sugar: 1 g

Trans fats: 0 g

I put tilapia on the forman grill with a little pam and some garlic powder and it is wonderful. Chilean sea bass is great too but can be pricey.

Fran

I do this to my tilapia too, and any other type of fish. I season it with Blackoned seasonings and grill it on my forman grill!

Another recipe I make for my family and they love it this way:

Slice lemons and place at the bottom of the pan

Lay fish on top of the lemons (season the fish, salt, pepper etc, - anything you like to use)

Pour heavy whipping cream, just enough to moisten the fish(this has no carbs)

sprinkle with parmesean cheese (I use about 1 cup)

and bake uncovered until fish is done (about 20 min)

Very delicious and easy!

My recipe is as follows: For 4 oz fillet, I mix 2 Tablespoons of Parmesan cheese with a little garlic powder and 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried parsley. Heat the skillet and add some olive oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the pan. Add the fillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes each side. Then put half of the cheese mixture over the fillet, then flip the cheese covered side over and cook for about 1 minute. Put the remaining cheese mixture on the other side of the fillet and cook an additional minute. The cheese mixture forms a crust and the fish remains moist inside. I really enjoy this and the cheese adds flavor, texture, Protein and very little fat.

My fav is flounder, sweet,mild no fishy taste as for Tilapia,mild taste and cheaper than flounder. best bet buy the bag of flounder at Sams club .

in a skillet over med heat

place olive oil and pepper the fish with a bit of onion powder and a bit of garlic.

place fish in pan cook till white on the edges flip over then add a splash of lemon juice . DELISH. please try

I hear tilapia and orange roughy are the best (rather least offenders)....I also HATE fishy taste and for that reason have never been a fish eater until I first tried tilapia. Not bad AT ALL.

Bump this up!! Keep the tilapia ideas coming! I don't generally like fish, but I'm not totally in love with Tilapia!!!!

another one to try is Talipia or flounder marinated in cesar dressing and then a quick fry in the pan. just remeber not to over cook it or it can become dry. I found stuffed talipia at Walmart in the frozen fish section. At my Walmart one stuffed filet costs 1dollar that right a buck and its enough to fill you up. they come in redpepper and scallop, spinach and cheese and shrimp and stuffing. You can nuke them but I chose to make a foil basket and grill it. gotta give this one a try.

Tilapia is a great fish to cook en papillote -- it's a very delicious, healthy, and easy way to cook almost any fish:

You need a sheet of parchment paper. Dab a few drops of olive oil on the sheet, then place the filet of tilapia on it. Season with salt and pepper and throw on some of your favorite vegetables -- carrots, broccoli, asparagus, just make sure you cut the vegetables into pieces that are similar in size. Throw on a few splashes of lime juice or orange juice or white wine and some fresh herbs if you want. Bring up the edges of the parchment paper and wrap it up so that everything is sealed inside (you could also staple the sheet together. If you google "en papillote" you should be able to find some images of how to do this). Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 to 12 minutes. Be careful when you open the packet as all the steam will come out. Everything will be moist and delicious and extremely flavorful.

You can use almost any fish for this and you can experiment with vegetables and liquids to create different flavors and dishes. It's one of my favorite ways to cook.

ummmm, Tilapia...

I AM A FISHY SMELLING FISH HATER TOO

Tiapia is one of the ONLY fish that I like as it is mild and sweet!

I put a little OLIVE oil in a pan, crush a clove of garlic and saute my fish for just a couple of minutes on each side.

I prepare all my veggies or sides ahead of time.. and cook the fish last as it takes so little time!!!

OMG I've made myself hungry

ummmm, Tilapia...

I AM A FISHY SMELLING FISH HATER TOO

Tiapia is one of the ONLY fish that I like as it is mild and sweet!

I put a little OLIVE oil in a pan, crush a clove of garlic and saute my fish for just a couple of minutes on each side.

I prepare all my veggies or sides ahead of time.. and cook the fish last as it takes so little time!!!

OMG I've made myself hungry