Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Walked/speed walked 1.32 miles on hilly/rocky terrain. The hills are a workout all their own!

Happy Sunday Funday I know I've been quiet here lately been busy at the day care I've been organizing the kids back to school bash. Well I completed my two 5Ks this month. I feel amazing! Enjoy the pictures

post-146276-0-47656600-1407724857_thumb.jpg

post-146276-0-98028100-1407724888_thumb.jpg

I rode my (pink) cruiser bike around the area and stopped and bought coffee. It was a very nice day. Around 70• Put me in a good mood. Monday is gym day. Sigh. Always happier after I'm done

Catfish, I wish I could go bike riding with you! I got my bike but have not become a real cyclist yet as I'm so busy being a crazy fast walker. Signed up for a 5K in September and I'm so excited. Meanwhile IT Band. Eeek! Trying to figure out how to deal with that. Know the tennis ball thing, have heard about hard foam tubes.

Catfish, I wish I could go bike riding with you! I got my bike but have not become a real cyclist yet as I'm so busy being a crazy fast walker. Signed up for a 5K in September and I'm so excited. Meanwhile IT Band. Eeek! Trying to figure out how to deal with that. Know the tennis ball thing, have heard about hard foam tubes.

Maybe one day we'll all get together for a ride....it could happen. :)

IT band pain is something I had about 3 or 4 months after I started running...and for me, it went away after I got different shoes. Everybody told me, "go to a real running store and have them put you in the correct shoes for you".....but I DIDN'T listen, I went to a generic store (shoe carnival).....and my IT's hurt so bad for a while. My new shoes and some stretching exercises the running coach at the store had me do, eliminated ALL of my IT band pain within about a week! It was almost too good to be believed. I used K-tape for a while before switching shoes and it seems to help some. I have foam rollers and the one that has ceramic beads on it as well. I use them occasionally now....supposedly it helps "roll out" lactic acid buildup....supposedly. Also, when you use your shoes often, you'll need to replace them "often"...whatever that is for you. For me, it's about every 3-400 miles it seems. I run 99% of the time outdoors, and they still look almost new....except the bottoms/tread/lugs. I keep track of milage on shoes with my garmin tracker...I've even got numbers on them with sharpies to let me know which pair is the oldest....sounds dumb I know, but I have NO IT band pain now.

OMG Jeff (spouse) was just saying this today as I was trying to diagnose...time for new shoes. Even though I have orthotics I have been putting in some major mileage. I know what I'm going to do tomorrow. And there is a futon waiting for you in NH when you come to climb Mt. monadnock. Just sayin......

I'm still going to the pool on M, W, F...and since I learned about my bones being bone on bone in my hip...have added more exercises in the pool too. My bike is causing a bit of discomfort...so am being a little less aggressive on it...so the pool is going to have to do for the time being. Once I can get it fixed (have to build up vacation time for the surgery), I will be more prone to do more...so here's hoping I can get the surgery sometime next year...until then...its the pool for me!!! Excited about winter though...will get more time in the pool then!!! So happy everyone else are doing so well on here!!! Keep up the good work ALL...okay!!! Until later!

Rode my bike into work, 12 hour night shift, then ride home this morning.....39 miles round trip. :)

Mikee, so glad you have access to that pool. Your bike will be waiting for when you're ready. Swimming is such great exercise. I found out I could swim at the place where my parents live but I'm sensitive to all the chlorination they use. Maybe I'll duck in next time I'm there and see if maybe it's not as bad as I thought. I bought a bathing cap and even a snorkel so I could keep my neck in a good position. We have a lake where we live and I may just be able to get in soon. I grew up in the south and this spring-fed lake is c-o-l-d.

Catfish, way to go -- big ride. Twice! Hey, I got my new sneakers, Saucony seems to be my brand. I got two pairs and marked the calendar in my head for six months -- around Valentine's Day to re-up. Not fooling around with this IT Band thing.

5k run for me today. Been a while since I ran....I had been having some lingering calf muscle pain. Today felt good.

@@Bandista

Those Saucony shoes are very popular...hopefully they'll work good for you and eliminate your IT band pain. The one I use is to stand feet together, touching a wall with your fingertips (sideways), and try and push your knees towards the wall. Then switch sides and do the other way....seemed to help me.

Here's a youtube video of some suggestions.

Wow, thanks so much David. Hard stretches! I walked almost five miles today on my new sneakers and I'm feeling good. Took two days off and did some mayo facial kind of stuff. Youch! But I think it helped -- or just the magic of new shoes.

Way to go on your run today! So tricky this balance of good exercise without accompanying injury. I am so much stronger than I was six months ago. Nice to put down almost two cinder blocks of weight, for one thing!

Enjoy your day - beautiful New England weather this summer and bugs now gone, yippee!

Yall are amazing!!! Keep On Keeping On!!!

YEAH I AM DOWN AGAIN!!! EVEN HAVE AN UNFILL!!! THEY PUT IT BACK IN YESTERDAY!!!