Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

26 miles on the bike yesterday, 5k run today....Happy hump day all! :)

Nice going, Catfish! Have a great run. I've started adding a little jogging and skipping into my walk and that's really fun. I do believe I'm becoming addicted to exercise -- amazing! Wake up thinking about it. The band dims my appetite but also seems to be reworking some of the other tapes in my head, like the one that dreaded exercise so much even though I did it and felt better after, etc. New dialogue going on up there now....

Rough getting back to the gym after being sick I feel better but I guess I am still week. Couldn't run on treadmill the other day got a huge stomach cramp during my work out. Was it a combination of being sick, getting a fill that morning and being on liquids i don't know I tried to push through it but 30 minutes in I knew if I pushed more I would be sicker or even hurt myself. Never worked out the day of a fill but who knows the reason and no one at the gym knows IM banded so I ust said I forgot to eat that day wrong thing to say to your trainer, Anyway on mushed today and back to the gym I go and we will see. Slow an steady and Ill be back to my truing frenzy. e Gettnig healthy and lean :)

Nice going, Catfish! Have a great run. I've started adding a little jogging and skipping into my walk and that's really fun. I do believe I'm becoming addicted to exercise -- amazing! Wake up thinking about it. The band dims my appetite but also seems to be reworking some of the other tapes in my head, like the one that dreaded exercise so much even though I did it and felt better after, etc. New dialogue going on up there now....

Isn't it amazing how our thinking Changes to one thought at a time :) it's a life changer in every way that was unimaginable to me as I fought being banded :) so proud of you

Happy Thursday everyone. The kids at the day care finally made me sick. I was down for the count. For the last 4 days I haven't but been working out as much and I use too but yesterday I walked over 14,000 steps! Monday I will be starting the September 100 miles challenge. You can walk and run this. I will be doing a combination of both. to find out more visit www.ilovetorun.org. I hope you guys can join me!

Zumba class completed...I want to do it again...and that is rare!

15 days post op. Trying to increase my walking. Considering a bike ride today

Can't wait to get back to the gym this morning. A week away from it at the beach without a gym near by so what did I do walk the board walkin every chance I got and offered to push the very heavy packed beach cart on the walk to the beach and through the sand. Walked up and down the stairs in the beach house as much as I could. You know what last year I would be in pain after all the walking I did because of walking in flip flops but funny today 100+ pounds lighted I did all that walking in flip flops and felt great.

Drinking my coffee and getting ready to do a 2 hr work out spin and weight training. Made my gym schedule for the month of sept. Who knew I would be a gym rat and I love it miss my gym friends can't wait for us to be reunited at 530 am this week. Have a great day all

I was looking for a forum section geared towards bandster workout habits, would appreciate being pointed to the right direction if it exists..

I used to love swimming most of all, sometimes with little arm weights and flippers for a more intense workout, when the gym pool was quiet.. Would do an hour or two but a lot of that was at a more relaxing pace just enjoying the flow of Water (im a Cancer, will spare you the corny metaphors of how Water makes me feel zoned out etc lol).

Last year I got a severe case of bells palsy that paralysed one side of my face including my eye and since then I have recovered but the eye that was affected has become more sensitive and not as effective in closing the eyelid so I havent been back to swimming since. Im also a little worried about the chlorine causing hairloss which is already a concern as I lose weight.

So this year Ive started getting a little more serious about the elliptical workouts, my second fave form of exercize. I used to do about 20-25 minutes at low resistance a couple times a week when I wasnt finding excuses.

These days Im doing at least 45 minutes, targeting fat burning heart rate zone, alternating intensity, 2-3 times a week. A killer playlist and a fierce attitude (new for me) goes a long way!

I need motivation today to get in a 30 min workout...ugh

Lake walk! Snowing lightly here and sub-zero temps on the way -- figured I'd better get out while the going is good. It's a three mile walk with a friend whose little dog keeps us at a breathless pace. Plus we have lots to discuss so the talking helps the exercise, too. I always feel great afterward and yet there's still some old lazy voice tellimg me I don't really want to go. I'm learning how to shut that down and seek joy and health instead. A complete rewiring takes time, I guess, but I'm getting there. Here's to it!

Im learning to shut that voice down too. Mine is a scared voice that always looks for pathetic excuses and thinks of worst failure scenarios. Heres to successful rewiring! :-)

I need motivation today to get in a 30 min workout...ugh

30 minutes:

8-10 of the hottest songs on your playlist

3 ten minute bouts of energy that will make you feel proud for at least 24 hours

One rerun of [enter fave show here that you can totally watch while working out]

The time it would take you to eat [enter something you used to eat that led you to gaining the weight you want to get rid of]. One makes you feel heavy, ugly, ashamed, stressed. The other (workout) will make you feel strong, sexy, proud, relaxed. Make a choice.

The time it took you to look at a few forum topics here. How about you get out of your head, stop letting the thoughts trip you up with excuses and PUT THOSE SNEAKERS ON.

You can do it, so who's stopping you? Good luck ;-)

Edited by F_it

Thanks for the motivation! I ended up taking a 30 min hike with my doggies :-). Plus did an hour if Zumba last night. Woohoo!

Woohooo! Thats so awesome great job! And now youve motivated me too! :-)