Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American RNY Sisters

Awww so sorry to hear that but YEAH everything happens for a reason so rest up, get better and stronger. I will hold down the fort for the Friday June 5 surgery for you. I can do it, lol... Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

@MochaGyrl@changingme5. Hi im scheduled for RNY on this Friday, June 5th. I am super excited, nervous but oh sooo very ready. Please keep in touch i am so happy to read everyone's updates.

I was ready too, but I think Mother Nature has other plans for me. I contracted a "bug" at the pre-surgery session 5/27 - and it's progressed to a nasty summer cold -- I've been flat on my back with nasal congestion, coughing, and runny nose for the past two days! I called the nurse and she told me to load up on Vitamin C and to call my physician - perhaps she can give me some antibiotics to get over it by Friday morning.

I love this thread too....I'm scheduled for my RNY on Tuesday 6/2..excited. .nervous....and ...just ready to chew something after 14 days of liquids.....thanks for all ur posts...I'm taking them in and making a mental note of them all!

@@caligul - Hope everything went OK. Let us know as soon as you're able.

Edited by MochaGyrl

Hi I am thinking about a Tummy Tuck because I have lost some much weight, has anyone thought about this ?

@@Cupcake, I have yet to have surgery, but I know I'll definitely need arms, tummy, and breasts done. Hopefully the face won't fall or deflate too much.

Hello all! I just had RNY on 5/27 and I am doing OK just having a lil more pain than I anticipated. It's mainly on the side where they did most of the work. I'm doing ok with fluids I'm sure I'm not getting in as much as I should but I just try and sip away. I would like to know what you ladies were eating at the puree/soft food stage? My NUT has stuff like tuna salad on toast or crackers, Beans, Peanut Butter, oatmeal etc. Will I be able to tolerate those on day 7. I don't have any issues getting anything down at this point, I just have to move slow because my rib cage hurts whenever I blink lol so my desire to sip/eat is not there.

If you all have any tips on what you ate during the beginning stages that would be great! And blessings to all who have upcoming surgeries!!

How are you coming along with your pureed food? What is your new tummy tolerating?

Hi I just had Tummy Tuck with muscle repair I'm two dYs post opt and living it. I am sore but I'm doing excellent time .

@@MochaGyrl I'm doing good with puree probably too good lol! My stomach has tolerated everything so far, I don't even get a signal that I'm full which is scary. I have not tried much but I've eaten a scrambled egg, deviled egg, tuna with cracker and I made my family some meat loaf and had that and everything went down perfectly. The only thing I do notice I have issues with is liquid. I've only had Water and have tried my protien shakes and after I drink the shakes my stomach gets gassy so I end up drinking and ounce or two at the most. I do try and eat a Jello and have a sugar free popsicle but I know I'm not drinking or eating as much as I should. I'm not concerned too much about food because it seems as though I can tolerate more than I should, but I'd like to do better with Fluid intake.

I'm actually one week out today and am down 8 pounds since surgery, 16 counting what I gained in the hospital and 31 from my starting weight. I'm pleased with whatever I lose even if its only a pound...just glad to see progress ????

Edited by Martene81

June 4th is Surgery day, goodbye Band and hello to a second chance, RNY here I come. Feeling a little scared, but ready. I'm currently on my liquid diet and a sista is hungry any suggestions on how to take my mind off of being hungry or suggestions on what to drink to try to suppress the hunger. HELP

I'm currently on my liquid diet as well. I will be revision from band to RNY as well on June 15th. I basically set up a schedule of what I would have throughout the day at what time and so far on day 3, I'm not as hungry as yesterday. How did you make it through this your last day before surgery?

For others interested, My schedule consists of a bottle of Water as soon as I get up because I go to the gym. Then a propel afterwards. For Breakfast a Premier Protein shake and another water. snack time a yogurt with a little Protein Powder. Crystal light, and for lunch a SF pudding with a little Protein. More water and for dinner another Premier Shake. I guess the protein has been filling. Yesterday I had two SF Jello as well because I was a little hungrier. I wish you the best on tomorrow. Please give me some feedback since you are having a revision. Thanks

I am in the process of sleeve to band revision. I had my surgery 10/1/12. I loss 53lbs with sleeve pre and post op. I got pregnant and cannot lose. I have an angulated (twist) sleeve that holds food causing gerd.... I also have a hiatal hernia. Currently back up to preop weight. Going through insurance requirements but expecting to have bypass in late Sept early October almost 3 years to the day from my sleeve. I am African American female

CW-268

I love this thread too....I'm scheduled for my RNY on Tuesday 6/2..excited. .nervous....and ...just ready to chew something after 14 days of liquids.....thanks for all ur posts...I'm taking them in and making a mental note of them all!

@@caligul - Hope everything went OK. Let us know as soon as you're able.

Surgery went well. ..I'm just having issues with the gas leaving. .. and as a result I can't get anything down.

I hope things care better this week. Somehow I missed your post op post but seeing it now.

Today is Surgery day, getting dressed now to go to the hospital. Feeling a lil nervous, so please send so prayers. Goodbye band and hello bypass. ????????

Hey ladies...question for yah

I'm definitely much better from the gas now that I'm 4 days post op. But have been having a horrible pain on the lower left side of my belly. At first I thought it was my skin ripping away from staples. . But there aren't any staples. ..and nothing showed up on CT scan...so I'm wondering if there is a small muscle tear. ..bc it hurts like hell when I move! Dr appointment next week to check it out again. ..did any of you experience anything like this?

Hello everyone I have had Tummy Tuck with muscle repair and I am now 5 days post opt and I am loving my results, I am in no pain and the pain that was discusses is overrated or I just have a high pain thrust hold they removed 10 pounds of fat from my tummy area and the results are outstanding. I love the new me and I am loving life. I encourage anyone who has extra skin and it is bothering them to not be afraid of a tummy tuck I was 1 year post opt from RNY . Do not let anyone tell you insurance will not pay for it because they do , they approved tummy tuck with muscle repair and Lipo, I was in such good physical health that I did not need lipo.

14 weeks 4 days Post Surgery

HW 265

SW 241

CW 195

I no longer like meat...I can eat fish and fruits and veggies. I drink lots of Protein Shakes and lots of flavored water. I am 3 lbs from my goal weight. Then once I hit my goal weight and maintain for 3 months then it is body reconstruction surgery.

@@caligul I had the same horrible left side pain and still do so you are not alone. Mine felt like something was stabbing me in my rib cage. I'm 10 days out and it has gotten better but it is still very painful. My Dr says it's normal and that it will take some time to heal since that is the side they did all the work. How is everything else? Hope it gets better for you!