Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American RNY Sisters

@@caligul I had the same horrible left side pain and still do so you are not alone. Mine felt like something was stabbing me in my rib cage. I'm 10 days out and it has gotten better but it is still very painful. My Dr says it's normal and that it will take some time to heal since that is the side they did all the work. How is everything else? Hope it gets better for you!

Ok... thanks. .yah imma just have to wait it out. Other than that just trying to get in liquids in which is tough..and taking it one day at a time. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Martine81 if I read your post right did you say your 1 week post opt if so you should not be eating that your going to mess up your tummy please listen to your go hot your stomach not ready for that you should be on liquids only at this stage . You do not want to injury yourself or stretch anything .

Martina82 your primary focus should be 8 glass of Water and 80-90 grams of Protein a day nothing solid at this point .

Hello everyone I have had Tummy Tuck with muscle repair and I am now 5 days post opt and I am loving my results, I am in no pain and the pain that was discusses is overrated or I just have a high pain thrust hold they removed 10 pounds of fat from my tummy area and the results are outstanding. I love the new me and I am loving life. I encourage anyone who has extra skin and it is bothering them to not be afraid of a tummy tuck I was 1 year post opt from RNY . Do not let anyone tell you insurance will not pay for it because they do , they approved tummy tuck with muscle repair and Lipo, I was in such good physical health that I did not need lipo.

I can't wait until I get to this phase! That's encouraging that insurance will pay for it - I'll have to check with mine - I was prepared to pay for it myself.

@@Cupcake yea I'm about 10 days out and my Bariatric practice moves us to puree/soft foods on day 7. I haven't tried nearly everything on the list but what I have tried has gone down with no issues. The only thing that I don't tolerate much is Water and Protein Shakes. Even with the foods I do eat, I actually feel like I'm not eating or drinking nearly as much as I should lol.

I'm afraid I'm not getting in the Protein I need so I eat the tuna, salmon and eggs. I try and mix my protien shake with ice and Torani hazelnut flavoring and it has helped some. I also found a 15 calorie lemonade drink by minute made to help stay hydrated and switch between that and water.

I'm interested in everyone else's timeline, what week do you all move to soft food stage?? Also what is everyone drinking besides water...water used to be my best friend so it is actually the ONLY thing I miss pre surgery.

Edited by Martene81

Martene81 I did not start on soft foods until almost 6 weeks post opt I am a year and 1 month post opt now but it was nothing but liquids got the first couple of weeks , 64 ounces of Water , broth, and Protein Shakes 3 times a week . I see everyone program is different . Good luck and follow your doctors orders they know best .

@@Cupcake yea I'm about 10 days out and my Bariatric practice moves us to puree/soft foods on day 7. I haven't tried nearly everything on the list but what I have tried has gone down with no issues. The only thing that I don't tolerate much is Water and Protein Shakes. Even with the foods I do eat, I actually feel like I'm not eating or drinking nearly as much as I should lol.

I'm afraid I'm not getting in the Protein I need so I eat the tuna, salmon and eggs. I try and mix my protien shake with ice and Torani hazelnut flavoring and it has helped some. I also found a 15 calorie lemonade drink by minute made to help stay hydrated and switch between that and water.

I'm interested in everyone else's timeline, what week do you all move to soft food stage?? Also what is everyone drinking besides water...water used to be my best friend so it is actually the ONLY thing I miss pre surgery.

My team has us starting soft foods/blended foods for weeks 2 & 3 post op...so its the same as you...

Martene81 I did not start on soft foods until almost 6 weeks post opt I am a year and 1 month post opt now but it was nothing but liquids got the first couple of weeks , 64 ounces of Water , broth, and Protein Shakes 3 times a week . I see everyone program is different . Good luck and follow your doctors orders they know best .

Wow...6 weeks post op...by then my schedule says I should be on a regular diet. I had to do a 15 day complete liquid diet pre-op. ..I wonder if that make a a difference on the transition to solids.

And it could be that research has changed since ur surgery date.

I couldn't imagine doing liquids for 6 weeks! Hats off to you hun! I did have 2 week pre op liquid diet so maybe that's the difference like @@caligul said. I do know that those who were sleeved have to do an extra week of liquids in my program...but seems like everyone's requirements will be a little different.

Edited by Martene81

Hello everyone. I'm 1dsy post op. The pain is tolerable with my pain pump. I felt the gas the night after surgery. I walked buy it wasn't too much fort me. However, I felt very weak and nauseated. I even had the patch to stop the nausea behind my ear. The nurse said that it would have been worse had I not had it... She gave me a med in my iv to subside it I took a nap and felt much better to walk.

So happy to be post op & on the other side. Happy everyone doing better!!!

Congrats @lisaanewme67....just take it 1day at a time!!! Keep us posted. ..so happy all went well for you!

Congrats @lisaanewme67....just take it 1day at a time!!! Keep us posted. ..so happy all went well for you!

thanks Caligul, my surgery had set backs in the O.R

It took an hour to get the breathing tube Down my throat. They said I have a fleshy throat. Thanks to my diligent surgical & anesthesia team they got it done. I couldn't have imagined going home without my surgery being done.. I feel so blessed and also to know I'm not alone in this...

Congrats to everyone who has chosen to be healthy wishing you all a fast recovery as well as pain free recovery. Walking helps with the gas as well as Protein and Water helps with the recovery and healing. You all got this and welcome to the losers bench.

Calgirl you may be right because things do changed I am a year and 1 month post opt I am doing great and wish you all a healthy and safe recovery you all got this.

Calgirl you may be right because things do changed I am a year and 1 month post opt I am doing great and wish you all a healthy and safe recovery you all got this.

Congrats on being 13 months post op!!!...so what's life like..what can I look forward to in a year? Because currently I just work on getting in all my fluids...and increase them daily. Prior to surgery I was diligent in getting my 64oz of H20.