Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks everyone for the responses! It looks like I'm gonna have to give it up then! :(. It is gonna be very hard for me especially since I don't like to drink Water when I eat! I guess I will have to get use to it. I wish there were other choices at restaurants that are no calories besides Water and diet pop. Oh well!

carry some single packets of crystal light, etc., with you if you want something other than water... and I drink tea... at home I have my Decaf tea...when I am out I get regular iced tea... some say that caffeine whets your appetite, but since I only have one or two (on occasion), I haven't found it to be a problem

You could ask for lemon slices for your Water and make your own lemonade.

10 1/2 months out sip a 7 up recently and it made me sick instantly. Cant tolerate sugar and it caused me gas. I was a Pepsi drinker daily! But now

I don't miss it!

Some people do. But my understanding is that the carbonation can make the pouch expand.

Thanks everyone for the responses! It looks like I'm gonna have to give it up then! :(. It is gonna be very hard for me especially since I don't like to drink Water when I eat! I guess I will have to get use to it. I wish there were other choices at restaurants that are no calories besides Water and diet pop. Oh well!

What about unsweetened ice tea? We're not supposed to eat and drink at the same times anyway, I've found this helps a great deal, especially when going out to eat.

I was a soda person - many cans per day of Diet Pepsi, sometimes Diet 7up. I haven't had a pop since last summer and I still miss it. I don't plan to drink any, ever again, but I am still tempted from time to time. These days I have G2 and Sobe Lifewater, and/or just plain Water. During my phase out of the diet soda, I burned myself out on the Crystal Light, so I stick with these plus iced tea during warmer months. The iced tea is really my only source of caffeine as well, so I guess cutting out the pop means I cut out almost all caffeine too (I'm not a coffee drinker and only have hot tea when I'm sick). It's a life style change, for sure!

Edited by Shells_Almost_There

I gave up carbonated drinks and survived. I drink Water mostly. Sometimes Crystal Lite.

I admit that I DO drink coffee... Sigh.

I go in phases with all types of drinks. But no soda. I was drinking G2 for a while. I'll still do that from time to time. But I'm drinking the Target version of Crystal Light right now. In two weeks I'll probably be on Water with lemon.

I loved Diet Dr. Pepper but it was a habit, and since it was mostly around meals (something I don't do anymore either) I don't miss it as much.

diet coke addict here. I didn't drink it during the healing time (8 weeks) but I do drink it now.

I probably drink it every three days or so... and I do not drink it flat, I just drink slow. I can get a large diet coke down though if I am stuck in the car or something

As for my progress I have a hard time beliving that it stretches out your sleeve though cause at 7 months out I am down over 100lbs and doing great. My doc actually told me if I didn't loose another pound he'd be happy because I was doing so well. I went from a size 22 to a size 8 in juniors (I have a short torso, so I have to wear juniors jeans!). pre-op I was 255, today I was 152

I plan to get down into the 130's as my final goal.

I was a diet Pepsi person, but I haven't drank it since June, not going back to that , I drink diet green tea all day!

I use to be a pop addict. I was addicted to Dt. Mt. Dew. I could easily go through 2 cases of pop a week! Do you now how much that is in a year? Like 2,305 pops in a year. People would be shocked if I didn't have a pop in my hand. But when I decided that I needed to make a change, or I would die I decided pop had to go. I started out cutting it out slowly. Then my brother said to me one day "why don't you just give it up cold turkey"? So I took that as a challenge and did. I never had a pop since that day. Well I took a sip of Mt. Dew on Christmas and it was gross. And it was a very little sip. I do not plan on going back. Not only do I feel amazing, I know it's not good for me. It's not good my kidneys. I like my kidneys. I've done enough damage to my body with that crap! But that's just me.

I am not going near soda ever again. Too afraid I will stretch my sleeve. I do miss seltzer though. I had to break that habit about a month before my surgery. I guess I'll switch to iced tea when we go out to dinner.< /p>

Hi! I am wondering, does anyone else drink soda after the sleeve? I'm not talking right away but eventually? I don't drink a whole lot of it now but I do like my occasional diet coke or coke zero. I usually drink this when we go out to dinner on fri and sat evenings.

My Doc told under no circumstance to drink anything with carbonated Water in it. I haven't had any since May 2013 before my surgery. I drink sobe life water, green tea with different flavors drink it hot with tsp honey, or room temp. Good luck everyone.