Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, Feb. 18th is my date. Mexico Bariatrics with Dr. Lopez..

Yep- dr Ariel Ortiz, feb 17! Do u know what hotel u will be at? I will be at the Marriott after surgery.

I'm staying at the Marriott as well. I'm getting the gastric bypass so I'll be in the hospital 3 nights so I won't be back at the Marriott till 21st. You'll probably be leaving that day. Darn, we could have had chicken broth together. Lol hopefully I'll see you coming or going.. Can you believe we are a month away? Sadly I already started a Protein diet. I was just doing strictly protein but now I've started the 2 shakes plus a dinner. Plus, I'm still having a couple of additional protein Snacks. I start the real deal 2 wk pre op diet on Feb. 4 no protein snacks :( I think what I'm dreading the most is the three day liquid diet before surgery. I'll be at a horse show with my daughter for those three days. I don't know how I'm going to do it. But I know I will. I have no choice. We must stay in touch... Are you getting the sleeve?

I'm staying at the Marriott as well. I'm getting the gastric bypass so I'll be in the hospital 3 nights so I won't be back at the Marriott till 21st. You'll probably be leaving that day. Darn, we could have had chicken broth together. Lol hopefully I'll see you coming or going.. Can you believe we are a month away? Sadly I already started a Protein diet. I was just doing strictly protein but now I've started the 2 shakes plus a dinner. Plus, I'm still having a couple of additional protein Snacks. I start the real deal 2 wk pre op diet on Feb. 4 no protein snacks :( I think what I'm dreading the most is the three day liquid diet before surgery. I'll be at a horse show with my daughter for those three days. I don't know how I'm going to do it. But I know I will. I have no choice. We must stay in touch... Are you getting the sleeve?

Yep I'm getting the sleeve (you're in the sleeve forum ;) I think I check out of the Marriott on 2/20 but who knows we may bump into each other :)

I have my endoscopy on 2/27 .. It sounds scary how bad is it? Will I be out the whole day?

I have my endoscopy on 2/27 .. It sounds scary how bad is it? Will I be out the whole day?

I just had mine done Friday. It was a piece of cake. They knock you out completely, so you basically get a quick snooze. I will admit I was tired for a few hours after. I came home, ate some lunch, and napped the rest of the afternoon. I got home around 1, fell asleep between 1:30-2, and napped on and off until about 5. But yeah. The procedure itself was easy peasy. I think my dad said I was only back there for a whole 10 minutes. The worst was them starting the IV, because my veins hate people an run away as soon as they jab the needle in.

I have my psych evaluation tomorrow. It'll be for reallllllly real after tomorrow and officially submit all my paperwork for my February 19 date. I just hope I'm not crazy (or crazy enough??? lol) and they okay it. I know it'll be fine. I'm far to excited about this life change!

I just had mine done Friday. It was a piece of cake. They knock you out completely, so you basically get a quick snooze. I will admit I was tired for a few hours after. I came home, ate some lunch, and napped the rest of the afternoon. I got home around 1, fell asleep between 1:30-2, and napped on and off until about 5. But yeah. The procedure itself was easy peasy. I think my dad said I was only back there for a whole 10 minutes. The worst was them starting the IV, because my veins hate people an run away as soon as they jab the needle in.

I had mine Friday, too! Pretty much exact same experience, don't remember a thing! I was really sick on Saturday (nausea, dizziness, exhausted, weak), probably remnant of anesthesia and some dehydration. Make sure you drink a lot after your procedure. I slept most of the day after so didn't get enough fluids in. Felt great again on Sunday!

I have my psych evaluation tomorrow. It'll be for reallllllly real after tomorrow and officially submit all my paperwork for my February 19 date. I just hope I'm not crazy (or crazy enough??? lol) and they okay it. I know it'll be fine. I'm far to excited about this life change!

Sarah, you're gonna breeze through the psych appt just like you did the scope! Ain't nothin stopping us. Lol

Thanks Sarah!!! Good advice .. I'm guessing just take off work that day lol just in case? :) keep me updated on your journey, I hope all goes well!!

Thanks Sarah!!! Good advice .. I'm guessing just take off work that day lol just in case? :) keep me updated on your journey, I hope all goes well!!

Oh yeah. I wouldn't have been able to go to work or even school after. Waaaaaay too tired. No sick feeling or anything for me, just purely "can't keep my eyes open a second longer" type of tied. Hahaha. And not only that, depending on what time of day your appt is, I was at the hospital for almost 3 hours for the stupid 10 minute thing. But they will tell you that you can't so anything but be a bump on a log. No driving, no nothin. Even told me I can't cook dinner! Lol so I wouldn't even think about going to work after.

Ps. If you already said, I'm sorry, but do you have a date yet?? :)

Edited by Sarahjane79

Sarah, you're gonna breeze through the psych appt just like you did the scope! Ain't nothin stopping us. Lol

Amen sister! Ain't no body gonna stop me now! :). We got this!!

So, are you having any "good funerals?"

Amen sister! Ain't no body gonna stop me now! :). We got this!! So, are you having any "good funerals?"

Well.... I'm gonna have some deep dish pizza and There is an Italian restaurant here than makes a lasagna with an alla panna sauce. I'm gonna have it. Other than those two I'm done.

I've actually been really smily and excited today. When I start thinking about getting that IV I just picture myself sliding in a booth easily, not having to pull the seatbelt waaaay out to get it around me to buckle, shaving without holding my breath, not feeling the car dip way down when I go to get in my seat.... You know, stuff like that. Lol

How about you? Any goodbye foods??

Oh yeah. I wouldn't have been able to go to work or even school after. Waaaaaay too tired. No sick feeling or anything for me, just purely "can't keep my eyes open a second longer" type of tied. Hahaha. And not only that, depending on what time of day your appt is, I was at the hospital for almost 3 hours for the stupid 10 minute thing. But they will tell you that you can't so anything but be a bump on a log. No driving, no nothin. Even told me I can't cook dinner! Lol so I wouldn't even think about going to work after. Ps. If you already said, I'm sorry, but do you have a date yet?? :)

No, not yet :/ shooting for February .. The endoscopy and my take home sleep study are on the same day .. After that I should find out more, hopefully I'm getting impatient and very anxious lol

I'm a lapband to sleeve and my date is March 4. So excited!! Anyone from Michigan?

Me! Where in MI are you from ?

I'm in Ann Arbor! U?