Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are you all from and where are you having surgery? I'm in Joplin, Missouri and I'm having my sleeve here.

I meet with the surgeon the first week of March and I have completed all of the requirements , I just finished my 6 moth weight management. Im hoping to have me surgery in the middle of March because I get my exact date on the 5th of March.

We are on the same boat pretty much. I'm so excited for you. Kaiser is in California right? I was born and lived most of my childhood in cali. I'm so excited I have trouble getting to sleep..lol. I'm just happy that finally I will have a life changing tool and of course shopping. Its so hard to shop plus size I get depressed. I am filipina and my hubby is Puerto rican so lots of carbs in this house.

I have Kaiser in California, but I think they have Kaisers in one or two other states as well. Whereabouts did you live? I am in the Inland Empire (San Bernardino county.) I know how you feel! I have enough anxiety as it is, but this is a "good" anxiety. I just want to get it over with so I can start my new life! To be honest, I don't shop much anymore. It's too depressing like you said. When I do find something that fits, it is usually something that is ugly. So that's why I am usually wearing black. And plus size stores such as Torrid are just too expensive. I'm so over it!

Hello everyone. I am new these post and usually just read and follow. Does anyone have or have had difficulties telling friends/family that they are having surgery? Currently the only people that knows I am having the sleeve surgery is my husband and my son. I am choosing not to tell my family and friends who are in the United States. I am so excited for surgery which is scheduled for 3 February 2014. Thank you for everyone's post this site has been extremely helpful.

I've only told my parents, my boyfriend, boss (only because he's the one who has to give me the time off to go to these appointments), and one of my sisters that I am closer too. I have three other siblings that I will tell when I actually have a date. Other than that, I have no intentions of telling anyone else. I MIGHT tell a friend, only because she had the sleeve as well. I am apprehensive about telling her, though, because at one point she tried talking me out of ever getting it done (she knows I was considering it). Her reasons? She lost a lot of hair and has flabby skin now. Uhm, I will take that over being this big anyday!

Where are you all from and where are you having surgery? I'm in Joplin, Missouri and I'm having my sleeve here.

I am from Southern California, San Bernardino county. I am having my surgery through Kaiser.

I meet with the surgeon the first week of March and I have completed all of the requirements , I just finished my 6 moth weight management. Im hoping to have me surgery in the middle of March because I get my exact date on the 5th of March.

Nice!

I'm having surgery in Syracuse. NY. I hats shopping for plus size we have a nice reasonable store called DOTS. Its nicer than fashion bug.. I have a few torrid items but I got them on ebay. Way to expensive for plus size. I tend to live in togs..blank tanks.. I'm a female version of Johnny cash.. all black in my closet. I have told my family in person but I haven't announced it on my facenook page..not until after I have surgery... maybe I will..

From Baltimore, MD. I have Kaiser Mid Atlantic.

Feb 3 for me

February 6 for me in hampton virginia. Can't wait!

Did you have to do the Options classes through the MD Kaiser?

Hi Everyone....I have my final appointment with DR on 2/20 and should get my date shortly after that. Is anyone else frightened at the thought of such a drastic change? I am overwhelmed that this is a lifetime commitment since I failed at every other attempt to loose weight. I will miss all of my comfort foods and will have to find other ways to get comfort. It is starting to feel very real now that it is January and I am slightly terrified. Anyone else feeling the same? Thanks.

In addition I can't get in states no insurance . But heard some good and had about mexico. I am doing this hut want to know if any of u have any input on the subject?

Mauigirl5555 I feel the same way. I don't think I will fail at this because this is an extra toll I have not had before, but I know it will be hard. I will have to find other ways to deal with temptations, especially when people bring in goodies to work. I was just thinking that in 2 weeks I will have to start my liquid diet. Oh man is that going to be tough. At least with my husband and daughter on "diets" there won't be any temptations in the house. We can do thus!

MauiGirl 555, I'm right there with you. It is scary. I've not only failed at every diet, but have regained more than I've lost every time. I'm not that worried about the weight loss aspect, I'm worried about long term commitment. Oh, just one cookie leads to three Cookies. One glass of wine leads to two. One day of missed exercise leads to a week off.

But I have my head in the game, I'm learning all I can, I'm gathering support. This is necessary and I will do it.

Did you have to do the Options classes through the MD Kaiser?

the Kaiser I have, I am required to attend 6 visits with a nut, one visit per month, 2 of those visits were wls classes,. a psych eval, attend one or two wls seminar sessions, and attend a wls support group. My journey started Aug 2013 & Jan 13th will hopfully be my last visit with nut. Think I will then get a referral to see a surgeon of the two hospital choices I was given. Guess then the surgeon will send me for required testing.