Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is February 18 in Norman, Oklahoma with dr Lana Nelson. Super excited.

I don't have a date yet but everything should be turned into my insurance company tomorrow. She said I'd probably have surgery in about 30 days. So I'm expecting it to be Feb 6 or 13.

Barring any insurance stuff, my surgery date is February 19. My surgeon was awesome and since I'm doing my surgery just before my spring break (is it spring break if it's in February?? Ha) he made my surgery appt at my consultation. I have to have a scope done next Friday. But I'm super excited, and have basically told everyone I know. I can't help but want to tell EVERYONE I'm going to be healthier and thinner someday soonish.

UPDATE: Saw my surgeon today. He was extremely happy with my 10 pound weight loss. Next appointment will be psych visit. February 5th I go back to surgeon to submit to insurance and schedule endoscopy. I'm looking at the end of February for surgery.

January 29th will be the end of my 3 month diet period. :rolleyes:

I should also be getting sleeved sometime in March. I'm up in Alaska and will be getting it done at a military hospital where everything is just kind of in house. Next month will be the end of my 6 months of monitored weight loss. I've done meetings with my surgeon, NUT, a weightloss group, psych eval, sleep study, submitted past endoscopy/colonoscopy results, bloodwork, so I'm really at the tail end! I get butterflies when I think about it coming up. I'm so nervous, but excited at the same time! I won't find out my exact date until next month when I meet with the surgeon again. My sister, who is a Nurse Practicioner, and my Mom, a Registered Dietician, will be coming up to stay with me when I get it done, so I feel a little less stressed/anxious about the procedure and recovery. My surgeon was pleased when i told him that, to say the least! LOL!

the Kaiser I have, I am required to attend 6 visits with a nut, one visit per month, 2 of those visits were wls classes,. a psych eval, attend one or two wls seminar sessions, and attend a wls support group. My journey started Aug 2013 & Jan 13th will hopfully be my last visit with nut. Think I will then get a referral to see a surgeon of the two hospital choices I was given. Guess then the surgeon will send me for required testing.

Oh ok I see. So our processes are a little different. I had to do 12 classes of Options. Then we meet with the psych, then the bariatrician, then the surgeon to get our surgery date. Good news guys my sleep apnea study came back negative! One less thing to worry about. I am with everyone else with the worries about the AFTER surgery part. I am still fighting my drive-thru, sugar, and caffeine addiction. How will I cope? I am already finding myself gravitating towards spending. I will definitely talk to my psych about cross-addiction because I can see myself going down that road (to spending addiction) since I already have a small problem with it now.

Also, my bariatrician appointment isn't until feb 7th so looks like I am probably looking at a March surgery.

Edited by kb88

Saw my surgeon today and we are looking at February 10th. Met with the nutritionist and got the 2 week pre-op meal plan and I have an endoscopy next Friday the 17th. Dallas, TX Dr. Michael Lee.

Saw my surgeon today and we are looking at February 10th. Met with the nutritionist and got the 2 week pre-op meal plan and I have an endoscopy next Friday the 17th. Dallas, TX Dr. Michael Lee.

Awesome! It'll be here before you know it!

the Kaiser I have, I am required to attend 6 visits with a nut, one visit per month, 2 of those visits were wls classes,. a psych eval, attend one or two wls seminar sessions, and attend a wls support group. My journey started Aug 2013 & Jan 13th will hopfully be my last visit with nut. Think I will then get a referral to see a surgeon of the two hospital choices I was given. Guess then the surgeon will send me for required testing.

Hi we started the same time! I started my weight loss class in August and ending first week of feb! How are you holding up? After my classes are completed they will send a referral to the surgeon and hoping to get everything taken care of in feb and have surgery march. They said the process of psych eval, approval and surgery date can me 1 month long so I'm hoping time will fly. Keeping my fingers crossed all goes as well.

Hi Guys, Mine would be on 5 Feb. Supposed to be in 11 days' time but doc is gonna be away on leave. Excited and worried at the same time. But told myself that everything's going to be worth it so it is ok!

I have my Psyc eval on the Jan 27th and then I'm all done with appointments. I'm assuming after that I will see the surgeon again for my surgery date. I'm not really sure. So nervous but very excited.

I have to get pulmonary clearance. I have that appointment on Jan. 29th. So once im cleared for that I will then get a date. So im looking at February I hope. I've already been approved by my insurance. Wishing everyone luck and many blessings!!

On my second month of a Three month diet before they will schedule....need to lose at least nine more pounds and have only post one...i feel hungry all the time..and have no support at home:( this Is so very hard. And now my family Is trying to scare me out of doing the sleeve...but i want this...i want a healthier life...

We will support you and I'll pray that your family comes around too. Are you eating plenty of Protein to fight hunger? I'm on 1,200 calories a day. I find I'm hungry at meal time but I've also been hungry if I didn't get my Protein in.

On my second month of a Three month diet before they will schedule....need to lose at least nine more pounds and have only post one...i feel hungry all the time..and have no support at home:( this Is so very hard. And now my family Is trying to scare me out of doing the sleeve...but i want this...i want a healthier life...

Hi we started the same time! I started my weight loss class in August and ending first week of feb! How are you holding up? After my classes are completed they will send a referral to the surgeon and hoping to get everything taken care of in feb and have surgery march. They said the process of psych eval, approval and surgery date can me 1 month long so I'm hoping time will fly. Keeping my fingers crossed all goes as well.

Hi Mirabb, I'm holding up pretty good. Hoping all goes well. I remember in August I thought wow I have a long way to go for 6 mos. & bam! I'm in the 6th month already. The time will fly. How are you holding up?