Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confession: I fell off the wagon 4 1/2 yrs post op!

Hey All,

I had my surgery 4 ½ years ago and as of July/Aug. 2012 was down 103lbs! However right after that time I had a lot of stresses added to my life and COMPLETELY fell off track and right now am up 24lbs!

Hoping to find some others out there with a similar situation whom I can commiserate with and perhaps work with to encourage each other to get back on track! =)

Well, I haven't fallen off the wagon, but I do understand that it can happen to anyone. Important thing is you've decided to get back up and get back on track. You can do it and this board, as you already know is a good motivator. I have somewhere around the same amount of weight that you do to lose and I'd be glad to be in your stands. I know how hard it is to fight the junk food devil. But you got this. Have you had your restriction checked by your surgeon?

It really can happen to anyone. People who don’t understand Lap Band think it’s a quick fix and the easy way out but it’s really not. The moment I got too busy to make my health the priority, I gained a bunch of weight back. I’d really like to hit my goal of 138lbs (which I never made it to) in the year 2014, which is 35lbs away. I think that is doable! I kept track of all my fills for so long but forgot to write down the last time I was there but it was definitely early 2013. I’ve actually been really tight lately, pretty sure it’s due to the cold I’ve had. Whenever I’m sick it affects my restriction for some reason. Regardless I’ve been eating things that slide through, once I change that bad habit I’ll be good to go! When were you banded? I was banded June 19, 2009 when I was 22 yrs old. I just turned 27! =)

I have fallen off with you! Banded in 2008. Went from 314-170. This morning I weighed in 206!! I'm so ready to get going again. It's been so long since I've had the battle of eating going on inside my head. And I don't like it! Those old feelings of being embarrassed of how my clothes fit, not wanting to go to my reg doc because I don't want to weigh....I know what needs to be done..so lets get back on that wagon and do it!

Hi Breanne and Jennifer -- we are all picking ourselves up wherever we are -- don't worry about the past because you're catching this now. So happy you're here! Bye bye sliders, hello slimness.

I know how you feel...I was so embarrassed when I finally got up the courage to go back to the lap band dr. But I am so glad I did and it was the best decision I made, because now I am back to track and losing. I finally had to say no to candy, cake, and ice cream for now.

Hi All,

I really don’t think we are in the minority here and our doctors I’m sure are used to their patients gaining weight back. I too have not been to any doctor in a long time because I’m waiting to “get back in shape”. I’m going on a cruise 16 weeks from this Saturday and I’d really like to lose 20lbs by then. I think I can do it but I’d have to be VERY diligent. I’m just going to take it 5lbs at a time as I’ve always done better with smaller numbers in the past. My biggest problem is the mindless eating. food can’t be a free for all anymore.

I really wish that instead of a nutritionist being mandatory when you’re going through the lap band approval steps that they’d require a therapist instead or at least in addition to. I have always thought I would have greatly benefited by that. =)

Thanks to all for sharing, so happy not to be alone!!! =)

Believe me the stress of this year alone was enough to make me lose my mind but today is a new day. You can pick yourself up, brush yourself off and move on back down where you were.

Lady Lap Band,

I can definitely relate. This is a lifelong battle. We have our ups and downs. I was banded in 2008 and also fell off the wagon for reasons that we don't need to get into, but I am here for you.

I went back to the weight loss clinic a few weeks ago and am back on track with a .5 CC fill. I hope we can all support each other and just look forward to feeling FAB in 2014.

Hey All, I had my surgery 4 ½ years ago and as of July/Aug. 2012 was down 103lbs! However right after that time I had a lot of stresses added to my life and COMPLETELY fell off track and right now am up 24lbs! Hoping to find some others out there with a similar situation whom I can commiserate with and perhaps work with to encourage each other to get back on track! =)

i

It happens to lots of is on this journey. Rarely is it smooth.

I find that my diet hot chocolate and diet apple cider are good go tos when I just need something sweet. hot chocolate actually saved me from 2 hohos last night.

i was actually looking at the posts and saying to myself without the band the wt. gains would have been a lot higher. i know i could gain a bunch of wt without the band. it's nice that we have this option with the band. a little adjustment with our mind and with the band can make the difference in wt. loss. good luck to all of you. it sounds like you guys know the deal. happy new years to everyone.

Maybe there's a way we can meet on here regularly for support and accountability. With our successes, failures, weight loss, exercise, and what we r eating ...

Terry

That is so true for me too. Not what amount may have crept back on, but what Would Be if I didn't have a band. Happy New Year to us brave people who took a big step to regain our health... On a permanent basis.. Not WW or Jenny for that quick 20 lbs. then boom.. 25 back on.

We seem to be in this for the long run!!!

7 years for me. Not at a perfect spot. But really happy and healthy ❤️????

I was banded in 2010, lost 63 lbs and held steady for over a year. I was feeling a bit constricted so I got an unfill. WELL, since the unfill I gained 30lbs back. I am so mad at myself. I have made an appointment with my Dr. and should be getting a fill on Jan 7. I have started working out and getting in an exercise routine so I really hope after my appointment I can have some weight loss again. I am glad I am not alone in this. I have been feeling so discouraged :(

Edited by Rae_C