Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Sleevers in Tijuana!

Hi all,

sitting here reading all of these posts and they are filled with hope and excitement. i will be flying out in the morning with surgery on the 10th. i will be having my surgery at Jerusalem Hospital, and the doctor is dr. Ponce de leon. Has anyone ever heard of either of these? I was a little anxious, but seem to be more excitement now. I pray all of you have a safe journey and wonder surgery experience. I will be thinking of all of you and will update you as soon as possible. I am packing and do not have a clue where to start. I can't believe it's here…...

Hi all,

sitting here reading all of these posts and they are filled with hope and excitement. i will be flying out in the morning with surgery on the 10th. i will be having my surgery at Jerusalem Hospital, and the doctor is dr. Ponce de leon. Has anyone ever heard of either of these? I was a little anxious, but seem to be more excitement now. I pray all of you have a safe journey and wonder surgery experience. I will be thinking of all of you and will update you as soon as possible. I am packing and do not have a clue where to start. I can't believe it's here…...

Hi all, I had my surgery 2/26 with Dr. Ortiz & the Marriott Hotel Staff & OCC were wonderful. Four if us had the surgery same day with Dr. Ortiz & did all our appointments together & bonded with each other & all in the waiting room for our follow up appointments. We ate together back at Hotel & walked every day & are staying in touch. I had minimal pain, no nausea or gas pains as I started passing gas in second day. Normal BM within a week. Walking & getting Protein & fluids in is most important. I feel great & am down 18 pounds as of this morning. I was up 6 after the surgery which is totally normal.

Guest drowdie

Can anyone tell me "approximately" what size their abdominal dressing was? 5x9 or 8x10? I thinking about bringing my own especially for the last day and for the day of travel. Thank you.

Congratulations Kori! Same doc, same hospital! I'm on my 3 days Clear Liquids now, day one down, two to go! Surgery in 3 more sleeps.

Anyone going to be there with ALM - Dr. Elias Ortiz on March 31st?

Kori! My surgery is 3.28 w/ Dr Cabrera!!!! See you there!

Ok so I had my surgery with Dr Lopez on friday. I got to the hospital at 7am didn't have surgery until 530. I needed a blood transfusion because of anemia. $200 for 1 pint. The center where they get blood brought the wrong one si back it goes and more waiting. So the put my iv in and a waited n waited the finally its my turn. Dr Lopez came in to talk to me and answer any questions then I spoke to the anesthesiologist. Last thing I remember is her saying im going to give you something to relax and I was out. I woke up with terrible pain in my stomach and having to pee alot. They gave me pain meds immediately and a bed pan. I wet up the bed lol had to change the sheets. The nurse said don't worry it happens all the time, but I didnt feel embarrased. They brought me back ti my room and I had a roomate. One of the gals I came in with so I was happy about that. The nurses took very good care of us very attentive. Folks don't worry about coming to mexico you'll do just fine.

Oh yea the mexican folks love to party. The partied both friday and saturday night but it didn't bother me. I was drugged up and slept through most of it.

If you are a light sleepetr you may wanna bring ear plugs.

Does anyone know if Mi Doctor Hospital in Tijuana provides underwear for patients during their stay? I have heard that it is very common to have uncontrollable liquid bowel movements for a day or so post surgery.

New-mamma I packed 3 pair of depends and I really didn't need them but they did make me feel secure. Always remember, never trust a fart!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches