Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Sleevers in Tijuana!

Will someone that was at Mi Doctor under Dr Lopez give me details in where your spouse is during all of the surgery and recovery? Do they let them stay with you most of the time?

Sleve Day!!! Headed to Mi hospital in about 30minutes. Typical nervousness. It's like the feeling ofgoing up the first hill of a rollercoaster. You've committed, but you still ask yourself if this is a good idea. To mis-quote Owen Wilson in Armageddon "I'm 70% excited, 30% scared. Or is it 30% excited, 70% scared. I don't know, but that is what makes it so interesting."

How you doing, Yodasplash?

Apologize for the delay in posting a reply Sleeveless. We just got HOME home today. And I have a small correction, I had my surgery with OCC, which isn't at Mi hospital. Regardless, everything went GREAT! Wasn't (and still not) a fan of the paper underwear that had you wear. But surgery went smooth. Had a little nausea coming out from the anethesia (but apparently that's my MO, my mother said anytime I've ever been under, I've gotten sick). But I was up walking around later that evening. Since my body clock is on CST, I ended up waking up about 3:30am, so I just walked the halls until they finally discharged me around 9am. I only ever had minor pain, similar to indigestion, and it would just come and then go away after a couple seconds. Went back Wednesday so they could check me at and remove my drain. And they cleared me to go home. The broth at the hotel was delicious when I had it the day before surgery, but after surgery I found it to be too rich. So I just drank my Water, with some True Lemon flavoring, until we got back to San Diego. Border crossing was not a big deal. That was a big worry leading up to surgery, because my wife's passport hadn't come when we flew out to SD. But we had her birth certificate, Social Security card, and her driver's license, so they let her back into the US with very little problem. All in all, a GREAT experience, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Can anyone tell me "approximately" what size their abdominal dressing was? 5x9 or 8x10? I thinking about bringing my own especially for the last day and for the day of travel. Thank

I don't know where you are having your surgery but mine was at OCC in Mexico. It was done by Laparoscopy. So I had 4 incisions & one had the drain. Dressing was about 4x6 & came off on the second day. The drain came out the day we went home so there was no need for anything to cover. I had surgery on Wednesday, one night in hospital, home on Saturday. Good luck, mine went well, minimal pain & no nausea or gas.

I had my sleeve in early March and just used normal band aids over my 5 incisions just to protect them for my flight home. Worked well, used steristrips a few times after I got home and then nothing. They are healing very well. I put Vitamin E on them daily and soon be using a scar gel on them.

Dr Cabrera is awesome. I was nervous as heck and having severe anxiety so they had me take a Xanax to calm me down and then when right into surgery. He will do the nervous patients first.

Just want to check on the March sleevers! Hope you are all doing well I'm getting sleeved on 4/25 what is your eating stay by now?

Just want to check on the March sleevers! Hope you are all doing well I'm getting sleeved on 4/25 what is your eating status by now?

Mzjay, hi, I had my sleeve on 3/4 with Dr. Ramos Kelly and I am doing quite well. I'm down about 34 lbs and pretty much am eating anything that I like. I'm not fond of bread anymore, and my eggs have to be cooked just so, but other than that I'm able to eat just about anything. Best wishes on you upcoming surgery!

Edited by JACKARAE

Awsome thanks for your response I'm glad you're doing well.

Hi everyone wondering how all of the March sleevers are doing?

I started out 309lb got down to 290lb the day of surgery and am now 229lb..

Way to go Cherylet! I'm down 60 lbs as well. Had my surgery on March 3rd. I'm happy I can actually eat more than 2 bites now. Lol it's about 6 bites, but still nice to enjoy food once again. I'm consuming about 800-1000 cals a day. I'm just 18 lbs from my goal weight so trying to eat hight fat/more cals now to slow it down. Trying to get to 1200 cals a day so I'm not losing do fast.

Edited by MissCK

On January 1st, I weighed 381 lbs. Dropped to 37 lbs to 344 prior to surgery. Am now currently at 265, 79 lbs since surgery, 116 total. I haven't had any trouble with foods, except eggs don't sit well first thing in the morning. I don't count calories or grams of Protein, may not work for some people but it works for me. I eat the same foods my family does (two teenagers and a toddler), I just try to focus on Protein first, with a bite or two of veggies, and I stretch meals out over longer periods of time. For example, If I grill burgers for the family, I'll eat about 1/3 of it during "dinner", but then snitch little bites throughout the rest of the evening until I've eaten the whole thing or it's bedtime. I struggle with not drinking during meals, ordering too much food and eating too fast. I still PB on occasion, but not often. When you can only eat 4-5 ounces, 1 extra bite is an ounce too much.