Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Sleevers in Tijuana!

my date is 3/6/14 and can't wait ive been doing the Protein Drinks just ready to go after reading alot of this info in baratricpal good luck to everyone

Deposits will range from $500 to $750. Balance will be due when you arrive. Use a cashier's check. There will always be a surcharge for using a debit or credit card.

Hello brand new poster here! Just paid my deposit and booked my flight to San Diego

Surgery date: March 28th

Dr Garcia

Mi Doctor

Getting excited.. Nervous but excited! Anyone else have surgery around that time with the same doc?

I am using Dr. Garcia in Tijuana, Mexico on 3/28/14 with a friend. My mother-in-law had such great results with him and the facility was so nice you can read about it in my profile. Also my sister-in-laws just Almanza they had no complications but it isn't as nice of a facility as the other. I like the fact this hospital has an ICU and is more of a hospital type atmosphere. There are some great stories on youtube about several places. I am ready for this I almost did last year but I was worried about my mother-in-law she had had some cardiac issues and was just a high risk and I wanted to be her nurse. I am an RN by the way and I just thought it was stupid to pay 20-30 grand for something I could get for 4000-5000.00. I wish I had gotten it done last year when I flew out but you know I think it was wise on my part to check it out before having the surgery myself. I also friended 2 other ladies that where there. I have followed them both with their journeys one was a little older and had some reflux issues but not bad she has no regrets. The other is living it up as a size 4...omg. I am currently a size 20 and I just want to be a mom to my babies.

I will also have surgery on the 28th with Dr Garcia!! Cool I'll see you there!

Ok so I went in for surgery at 5pm. I was sooooo bored. We arrive at 7am. Doing good today. Have killer heart burn that kept me up. I brought Gaviscon because it's always worked miracles for bad heart burn. It didn't work so well last night. They gave prescrptim acid relief in my IV which worked! It's hard to get in and out of bed. That's the onlytime I feel pains from the incisions. I had Dr Lopez. I passed the leak test and haven't thrown up any fluids. Just talking them in slowly with tiny sips. They also have a saline IV in you at all times.

Way to go, MissCK!!!

Nona-my surgery is 3.28 with Dr. Cabrera. I'll be at Mi hospital - is that where you'll be also?

Edited by Sleeveless n Seattle

Hi March sleevers! Had my surgery Monday and leaving for home tomorrow yay! Feel really good today very little pain. We had an awesome outing today. Raul drove us to the markets. Had a blast walking around and buying touristy things for the kids. He also drove us around the slummy side and the rich side of town. Then had Soup with my new friends I made in the marriott restaurant. Was a lovely day and I met some incredible people this week. What an amazing experience. I'm much stronger than I thought and this has inspired me to change other things in my life. My mother also came with me and she was incredibly against the surgery but she gets it now because she lived through it with me. We really bonded.

Some quick advice/info for those about to go and going to Mi Doctor Hospital in Tijuana:

You will have 5 incisions not 1 with Dr Lopez. I was under the impression this would be a 1 incision surgery from the Mexico bariatric center website.

If you have small veins expect to be poked many times before they can find a good vein. I have tiny veins and was poked 5 times each time (had 2 diff IVs because one went bad after first night) before they got one.

The hospital rooms are very noisy! You hear car horns beeping day and night. The drivers in Mexico use their horns like crazy. Bring earplugs.

The hospital rooms are also bright even when all lights are off. The blinds in my room didn't cover the full window. Bring a sleep mask. I bought one and then forgot it at home. So bummed!

Expect a lot of waiting. When they say 5 minutes it means 30. When they say an hour it means 2 hours. It was annoying as hell at first but I got used to it.

Bring slippers or warm socks as hospital doesn't provide them.

The first 24 hours are hard but it gets so much better every day. Just hang in there. It's so worth it and you will be amazed at how fast you heel.

The drain is awful. It's so annoying and Dr Lopez insists on keeping it in for 4 days which SUCKS. I was chatting with Dr Cabrera patients and they got theirs removed after 2 days. Jealous! It's better safe than sorry but lord that drain was so uncomfortable. Also, I read horror stories of how painful it is having the drain removed but I'm happy to report it was literally 3 seconds and I felt some pressure and then it was done. No pain. So easy!

I used my heating pad to warm up as the hospital was freezing the first day when we arrived at 7:30am. It wasn't until hours later a nurse told me I actually had a heater in the room.

The hotel is awesome! Not anything fancy but comfy. Staff is so friendly. The beds and pillows are the best. And there are a few English channels on with shows on like 2 and a half men, Big Bang theory, and CSI.

Can't think of anything else for now. Just know that you will be okay and this is an amazing journey you are about to embark on! I'm so excited for all of you!!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!!

i am scheduled for the 10th. was a little nervous, but not too bad….until i just read all the posts about leaks and the horrific problems these people have had. i am really nervous and doubting myself now. need some encouragement….please!!

Mississippi Girl, where are you having your sleeve in Tijuana? I'm scheduled for the 10th as well in Tijuana with Dr. Almanza.

Hi March sleevers! Had my surgery Monday and leaving for home tomorrow yay! Feel really good today very little pain. We had an awesome outing today. Raul drove us to the markets. Had a blast walking around and buying touristy things for the kids. He also drove us around the slummy side and the rich side of town. Then had Soup with my new friends I made in the marriott restaurant. Was a lovely day and I met some incredible people this week. What an amazing experience. I'm much stronger than I thought and this has inspired me to change other things in my life. My mother also came with me and she was incredibly against the surgery but she gets it now because she lived through it with me. We really bonded. <br><br> Some quick advice/info for those about to go and going to Mi Doctor Hospital in Tijuana:<br><br> You will have 5 incisions not 1 with Dr Lopez. I was under the impression this would be a 1 incision surgery from the Mexico bariatric center website. <br><br> If you have small veins expect to be poked many times before they can find a good vein. I have tiny veins and was poked 5 times each time (had 2 diff IVs because one went bad after first night) before they got one. <br><br> The hospital rooms are very noisy! You hear car horns beeping day and night. The drivers in Mexico use their horns like crazy. Bring earplugs. <br><br> The hospital rooms are also bright even when all lights are off. The blinds in my room didn't cover the full window. Bring a sleep mask. I bought one and then forgot it at home. So bummed!<br><br> Expect a lot of waiting. When they say 5 minutes it means 30. When they say an hour it means 2 hours. It was annoying as hell at first but I got used to it. <br><br> Bring slippers or warm socks as hospital doesn't provide them. <br><br> The first 24 hours are hard but it gets so much better every day. Just hang in there. It's so worth it and you will be amazed at how fast you heel. <br><br> The drain is awful. It's so annoying and Dr Lopez insists on keeping it in for 4 days which SUCKS. I was chatting with Dr Cabrera patients and they got theirs removed after 2 days. Jealous! It's better safe than sorry but lord that drain was so uncomfortable. Also, I read horror stories of how painful it is having the drain removed but I'm happy to report it was literally 3 seconds and I felt some pressure and then it was done. No pain. So easy! <br><br> I used my heating pad to warm up as the hospital was freezing the first day when we arrived at 7:30am. It wasn't until hours later a nurse told me I actually had a heater in the room. <br><br> The hotel is awesome! Not anything fancy but comfy. Staff is so friendly. The beds and pillows are the best. And there are a few English channels on with shows on like 2 and a half men, Big Bang theory, and CSI. <br><br> Can't think of anything else for now. Just know that you will be okay and this is an amazing journey you are about to embark on! I'm so excited for all of you!!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!!

Wow! I needed to hear this about now!!! Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for this post! Glad to hear you're doing well and feeling strong!! Take care and keep us posted.

Is there anyone else on here scheduled for March 11 with Dr. Jacqueline Osuna? At Mi Doctor Hospital and staying at Merriott.