Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Sleevers in Tijuana!

My surgery date is March 11 with Dr. Almanza. My aunt went to him last year and she thought he was great.

I'm March 10 with almanza and looking for sleeve buddies. Super excited, less than 20 days until surgery and a start of a new lifestyle.

I'm scheduled with Dr Almanza in mid March. I will definitely be your buddy.

Wrong post!

Edited by decemberroses

Scheduled for Jerusalem Hospital March 17th. Going alone, going scared.

Dr. Almanza has moved to a hospital now. :-)

I'm new here (been lurking for a while though) and am hoping to get sleeved mid-late March. I'm still trying to decide between Dr. Ariel Ortiz & Dr. Aceves.

My biggest concern is the travel - it takes me over 22 hours to get there by flights since I live out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean - and I'm concerned about the long flight home so soon after surgery. Both docs assure me it's ok but I'm paranoid about getting a blood clot on my way home. Yikes!

This forum is a life-saver. Looking forward to "meeting" lots of people here as I have no support on this rock I live on. :rolleyes:

Hi boonie dog! Maybe consider extending your stay in Mexico a few days or a week if you are that concerned?

Scheduled for March 31st with Dr. Elias Ortiz at Mi Doctor Hospital in TJ. Already nervous...never had any type of surgery before. Starting to get ready for pre-op diet.

Any one else there at this time?

Scheduled for March 31st with Dr. Elias Ortiz at Mi Doctor Hospital in TJ. Already nervous...never had any type of surgery before. Starting to get ready for pre-op diet.

Any one else there at this time?

I will be there around that time my surgery is on the 28th. Im so nervous also but so excited at the same time! How many weeks are you on pre-op diet?

No, but I will probably be driving in from Arizona. it's a 5 hour drive. If I leave at 6am I should be there around 11-12ish. There is a possibility that I may fly if my daughter can't come with me. I have to look up flight times. What time will you be arriving? Are you coming alone?

Hey Fatgirl. I'm in Mesa and would love to join you. Since you're driving where are you parking? This side and walk over? Or buying Mexican insurance and drive across?

Chriisty Diiane my surgery is 3.28 also!!!!

No, but I will probably be driving in from Arizona. it's a 5 hour drive. If I leave at 6am I should be there around 11-12ish. There is a possibility that I may fly if my daughter can't come with me. I have to look up flight times. What time will you be arriving? Are you coming alone?

Hey Fatgirl. I'm in Mesa and would love to join you. Since you're driving where are you parking? This side and walk over? Or buying Mexican insurance and drive across?

Hi Susy, I am parking at the airport and the driver for the company will be picking me up and driving me across the border. I'd love the company. When is your surgery?

Surgery date is March 20! I'm doing things a bit backwards as I bought my plane tickets first (they were $1100 instead of the usual $2000 so I couldn't miss out!) but haven't picked my doctor. I'm still undecided between Dr. Aceves in Mexicali or Dr. Kelly in TJ. They both have openings that day..... How in the world do I decide?

Fatgirl, I am waiting for ssdi case to close. I'm told its very close. The judge has it and a little bird told me that the judge wants it on his desk. It is 75,000 pages.

Boonie? Why so much? Canada?

Edited by Susysleever

I'm heading to Tijuana for my surgery! Very excited I've watched a bunch of videos on YouTube that show the hospital, surgeon and patient stories! Yay!

Boonie-check out patient reviews as much as possible. Just go w/ your gut ;)

Great advice Sleeveless in Seattle! I did just that and made my decision this morning (I'm 18 hrs ahead of PST so it's just my morning now).

I'm scheduled with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali on March 20. Woo hoo! Never thought I'd be excited to have my guts ripped out but I am! Many years ago I worked in Calexico and think it'll be kind of cathartic to return to the place where I was last at my kick-butt fighting weight. :)