Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

I just logged on after a few days to ask if anyone else wasn't getting full..... judging by so many post about it, I guess its normal?

I am same way too. I had surgery on 26th and have been a little worried that I am getting my liquids down with no issues yet. Then again I am very cautious!! So maybe because we are being careful it is paying off with no pain.

I have a tough time getting the liquids down, but am doing ok with my 2oz portions of food. I sometimes think I'm not full, but then I really try to look at it differently - am I just so used to eating large volumes of food (yes), does my new stomach feel full but I just "want" more (big yes)? My head trip is going to be a lot about "want" versus "need," and the battle with the "full factor".

I have a tough time getting the liquids down, but am doing ok with my 2oz portions of food. I sometimes think I'm not full, but then I really try to look at it differently - am I just so used to eating large volumes of food (yes), does my new stomach feel full but I just "want" more (big yes)? My head trip is going to be a lot about "want" versus "need," and the battle with the "full factor".

You know, I try to think about it like that but I really dont think thats what it is with me. Even before my surgery I use to get full very fast. My in laws use to fuss when we went out to eat because I always took majority of my food home in a doggy bag. I honestly can say I can not feel my stomach at all. Is that weird? I cant feel it when I laugh or cough I even lay on my stomach. And im only 10 days post op. When I yawn I cant straight out yawn though it comes out in small "burst". Im not sure what is going on but I will be so glad when I see the doctor thursday. Even in the hospital the doctors were amazed. I was up and moving soon as I got to my room the same day. I havent taken any pain meds since they unhooked my iv the day before I went home. Believe it or not my incisions are even closed and almost completely healed..... am I super human? Lol jk

Hi!! My names Jules and I was sleeved on dec 12th! I am working on phase 2 and it seems I need some help with these Protein shakes.. I am having difficulty making one that doesn't make me wanna vomit cause it tastes so bad when I drink it LOL any suggestions?!

Hi!! My names Jules and I was sleeved on dec 12th! I am working on phase 2 and it seems I need some help with these Protein shakes.. I am having difficulty making one that doesn't make me wanna vomit cause it tastes so bad when I drink it LOL any suggestions?!

I've been struggling with that myself. I was making mine with low carb ice cream and milk. It tasted like a milkshake with minimal sugar. However, it seems as if I can't tolerate milk anymore so I am back at square 1.

This is great hearing everyone going through similar issues. We can know that others have the same fears before surgery, including myself. I was leery of having major surgery, which was the first time for me. After I was in my room and awake I felt a calmness and confidence saying, "I can do this!"

Jules have you tried Bariatric Advantage? I didn't find them too bad! In fact I still have one for Breakfast several times a week! You might try that! They have strawberry, dreamsical, and chocolate! Their calcium chews are awesome!

I am like mrs Jekyll And mrs Hyde to put it mildly! There are just times I am sooo hormonal that the food frustrates me! I am suppose to start soft foods jan 2! What is y'all's opinion of me doing it two days early?

I'm 2 weeks post op today. I've been on pureed food since I got home. Week 1 I was not eating much just liquids, shakes and some Soup. But lately as long as it's something I can eat like fish or veggies. I make sure to chew very well and it's pureed before it goes down. I haven't had any issues. Everything I've eaten has went down very well. I will have pain once in in a while from drinking to fast. Sometimes ice Water is so good I just go to chug it and obviously. .Can't do that!! Lol. Soft foods for me start now but I have my 2 week post op thursday so I will see what he says!

2 weeks post op. 16lbs gone since surgery and 28lbs total since pre op diet on 12/2! Happy to see the pounds dropping!!

Rdc guess what? I found muscle milk last night at one if our big heb stores! I got chocolate is that good? I am 27 lbs down from pre op and 23 from surgery! Yea for us!

Just got home from my post op appointment. I FINALLYgraduated from full liquids to pureed foods! Down 38 pounds... 18 since surgery. Any suggestions for pureed food?

Rdc guess what? I found muscle milk last night at one if our big heb stores! I got chocolate is that good? I am 27 lbs down from pre op and 23 from surgery! Yea for us!

That's awesome! I haven't tried Muscle Milk since surgery but I used it before surgery. They have a Cookies n cream and also banana creme too! I was hoping for more loss by now but I ended up back in the hospital last weekend ..my blood pressure dropped. So maybe the fluids I got..who knows.

How about exercise? I know, it's like a four-letter-word. But I was told by my surgeon's NUT and ARNP that I'm supposed to get in 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 days per week, and can do weights too, just not power lifting until I'm about six months past surgery. Before surgery they gave me a bunch of stretches and light exercises to do, like ankle pumps, until I could get on to "real" cardio. So I started at one minute on my treadmill and advanced it a minute a day until I got some aerobic capacity back. I've been working up to the 30 minutes--I'm at 25 minutes, 2.5 mph, 4% incline on my treadmill. And I'm sweating like crazy! I'm also doing an upper body routine with 10 pound dumbbells. Anyone else?

How about exercise? I know, it's like a four-letter-word. But I was told by my surgeon's NUT and ARNP that I'm supposed to get in 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 days per week, and can do weights too, just not power lifting until I'm about six months past surgery. Before surgery they gave me a bunch of stretches and light exercises to do, like ankle pumps, until I could get on to "real" cardio. So I started at one minute on my treadmill and advanced it a minute a day until I got some aerobic capacity back. I've been working up to the 30 minutes--I'm at 25 minutes, 2.5 mph, 4% incline on my treadmill. And I'm sweating like crazy! I'm also doing an upper body routine with 10 pound dumbbells. Anyone else?

I need to get started asap. It's been so cold and rainy here. I don't have a treadmill.

I know it's boring, but have you tried running/jogging in place on a cushion or mini-trampoline? It's so boring on my treadmill, that I made a desk. It's really just a shelf board across the arms of the treadmill and some foam insulation pieces above that, so I can put my laptop on top and make posts to this forum as I walk. I can also watch videos, and play games while I walk. I think if I didn't have this, I'd set up some cushions or a mini-tramp in front of the TV.