Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

Hopingnomeds I have not even gotten to soft foods yet! Jan 2 is when I am suppose to go to soft foods two weeks on that and on to reg foods! I am very cautios because I don't want to be sick but I think I will try a scrambled egg on Monday and see how it goes! Have you had egg yet?

Yes, I've had scrambled eggs, but pureed only so far. I have to be very careful about how much I take in at once. I'm limited to about a teaspoon at a time, and a 1/4 cup at a time. My dietitian recommended cottage cheese with salsa pureed. Have you tried that?

The craziest I've gone so far is pea Soup. I pureed it...it wasn't too bad. I've been afraid to go against doc's orders....at least until I see him.

I guess I'm crazy too because I also like pureed pea soup! Have you tried pureed chili? Nummy!

I tried a puréed omelet and because it look so gross could not eat it! What I am wondering is if one day of not puréeing my foods and just eating things soft like baked fish etc will make that much difference!

Already had my week post op to dr and won't see him again til February .

I found a New Whey Protein tube at Walmart it's a little less than 4oz. It doesn't taste bad and I'd much rather drink that than a 8-11oz shake. Plus it has 42 grams of protein

Omg I bought 5 of those at The Vitamin Shoppe at $5 only to find them at Wal-Mart last night for $2.68. I can't tolerate them one bit. I take one sip and gag. Glad you like them. Ick.

Hi everyone! I'm scheduled for surgery on the 31st of December (Happy New Year to me!) -- so I guess I will be the last person in the December group. I am feeling much more afraid now as the time is coming closer -- but reading all your posts makes this seem a lot less scary. My question is: What is one thing you wish you had known about the day of surgery and recovery?

Greenize: Soft foods shouldn't be a problem as long as you puree them in your mouth. I worry about fish bones in your baked fish.

Hi everyone! I'm scheduled for surgery on the 31st of December (Happy New Year to me!) -- so I guess I will be the last person in the December group. I am feeling much more afraid now as the time is coming closer -- but reading all your posts makes this seem a lot less scary. My question is: What is one thing you wish you had known about the day of surgery and recovery?

Gas pain is WAY WORSE than they described. Walk as often and as long as you can. Drink as much Water as you can. Lay on your pain side cause gas rises. And use those IV pain meds! They were my best friend!

I just had my surgery on Thursday and I was surprised how much I had to do to get the nurses to keep up with the pain meds. They would not give them to me unless I requested. Which kinda stinks because if they are with another patient when they get the call it might take extra half hour to get meds. Stay ahead of the pain!

Hopefully Kathryn you will have a pain pump which I could push whenever it lit up green! Kinda weird I remembered that detail lol !

Hopingnomeds I am going to buy filleted flounder from a seafood market so hopefully no bones! Also later I can't wait to have me some shrimp boiled of course and crab! I think I also discovered that my pouch doesn't like refried beans! I just ate the middle out of a soft taco and it didn't make my stomach react the way Beans did!

Hopingnomeds I am going to buy filleted flounder from a seafood market so hopefully no bones! Also later I can't wait to have me some shrimp boiled of course and crab! I think I also discovered that my pouch doesn't like refried beans! I just ate the middle out of a soft taco and it didn't make my stomach react the way Beans did!

Sounds yummy! Let us know how it goes. I'd like to try some baked fish too.