Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

Jackie I know my stomach growled but it was gas! Are you really hungry or is tit head hunger? I will sometimes say I am hungry but it's in my head cuz I know it's time to eat!

No im actually hungry and I know its hinger because it doesnt just come when I smell or cook food for my wife. Its random times and I be wanting real food. The shakes and liquid arent doing it for me. My tummy rumbles when I have gas this is actually the growling sound I had before surgery. The only thing that slightly holds me over are the sf popsicles but I cant munch those all day they have no Protein

I found that when I started taking my Vitamins is when I started with the dizzy feelings. I got to where I couldn't handle the chewable vitamins at all. I would get dizzy, weak, and I would break out with the cold sweats. At my last visit with my doc and my nut, I was telling them about this and they told me about the new bariactric capsule vitamins that just came out. You take one capsule three times a day. That has seemed to do the trick for me.

Can you tell me the name of those capsule vitamins? are they prescribed. Sounds like what I need. I need to ask around for them

Does anyone else have to have a stupid tube that leads to your big old stomach for six weeks? I have one, and it is the main source of my post-op pain. I hate it. It hurts when i laugh!

Hi I'm two weeks post-op. Having a hard time eating meat, and swallowing pills I get pain especially after I swallow a pill. It hurts a lot. Any suggestions? Is this normal?

Hi I'm two weeks post-op. Having a hard time eating meat, and swallowing pills I get pain especially after I swallow a pill. It hurts a lot. Any suggestions? Is this normal?

My doctor said I have to crush all my pills. Drug stores sell little pill crushers. Mine are extremely bitter. But they don't cause pain since I'm swallowing powder mixed with Protein Shake or other liquid or pureed food.< /p>

I only had a drain tube which was taken out the day I was released from the hospital. The incision the tube was in hurt the worst of all five incisions. But thankfully most of my incision pain is gone. Not all, just most. Have you called your doctor or on call nurse?

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to call my Dr. Tomorrow morning.

My Vitamins are also from bariactric advantage with Iron. It is an all in one capsule that you take three times a day. You should be able to get it from your doc or the nut.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to call my Dr. Tomorrow morning.

You're welcome! And welcome to this group!

Hi, I'm one week post-op and am on blended diet...no soft foods for a month. Does your diet plan already include meat? And the pill pain could also be from the amount of Water you're taking with it, which is what hurt the most for me at first.

Whew! I'm here...and I am thankful to have found you guys.

I just had my surgery on 12/16. I'm out the gate with an amazing experience with my surgical team. I felt prepared and I was fortunate that my hospital stay was pretty uneventful. However, What hindsight I have already gained. I'm still processing the emotions of everything, and I think that is just because this is all so new. I am so glad I am past the surgery, because I did feel anxious about that, probably due to my fear of anesthesia. I am SO glad I'm past that part. Overall the pain has been bearable, and I feel my team took

great care of me.

So now, the new way, right? I really am trying so hard to focus on this new learning. It's sorta like my body is undergoing the "Spring Cleaning of it's life", while my brain is teasing me with thoughts of foods I am no longer having.

Since we are all new, maybe I should spare all the food talk? Probably.

Here's what I know, today.

1.) This surgery works.

2.) It is hard work to take the potassium, Vitamins, etc. like we need to.

3.) I am not sure I have had my full 80 ounces of Fluid yet, but I am trying.

4.) I am more sentimental,probably because of the time of the year, how food has been the center of family activities for years, and because I'm in the middle of a HUGE adjustment.

I'm committed, I'm trying, and I need to stay connected to you guys, as even though I'm surrounded by supportive friends and family, its an adjustment that requires like minded, walking beside you, type of support....

So glad you guys are here, and even more glad I found you.

Whew! I'm here...and I am thankful to have found you guys.

I just had my surgery on 12/16. I'm out the gate with an amazing experience with my surgical team. I felt prepared and I was fortunate that my hospital stay was pretty uneventful. However, What hindsight I have already gained. I'm still processing the emotions of everything, and I think that is just because this is all so new. I am so glad I am past the surgery, because I did feel anxious about that, probably due to my fear of anesthesia. I am SO glad I'm past that part. Overall the pain has been bearable, and I feel my team took

great care of me.

So now, the new way, right? I really am trying so hard to focus on this new learning. It's sorta like my body is undergoing the "Spring Cleaning of it's life", while my brain is teasing me with thoughts of foods I am no longer having.

Since we are all new, maybe I should spare all the food talk? Probably.

Here's what I know, today.

1.) This surgery works.

2.) It is hard work to take the potassium, Vitamins, etc. like we need to.

3.) I am not sure I have had my full 80 ounces of Fluid yet, but I am trying.

4.) I am more sentimental,probably because of the time of the year, how food has been the center of family activities for years, and because I'm in the middle of a HUGE adjustment.

I'm committed, I'm trying, and I need to stay connected to you guys, as even though I'm surrounded by supportive friends and family, its an adjustment that requires like minded, walking beside you, type of support....

So glad you guys are here, and even more glad I found you.

Glad you are here and have found us! I am only required 32ox of Water at this time but I know I will need to increase it!

I am like you concerning friends family support! They try but it's comforting to talk with people who are going through it and support one another step by step !