Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

I've found that sometimes it's easier to talk to people you don't know :) this site has helped me mentally prepare for everything. Reading these forums has become almost addicting for me! But hey at least when I'm bored I'm reading and not feeding! Lol

Yes, definitely this is the place to talk about anything. You struck a chord with me about the "food teasing me" and being emotional this time of year. Not only am I glad you found us, but that we found you too. This forum has truly proven that there's strength in numbers...even if there's weakness in wanting a yummy Christmas ham sandwich! Lol

What are you guys wearing when you go places? I can put on my jeans BUT my tummy doesn't like them! I have one pair of grey jogging pants that are oh so comfy but I can't wear them everyday! I guess I need to go buy at least another pair!

What are you guys wearing when you go places? I can put on my jeans BUT my tummy doesn't like them! I have one pair of grey jogging pants that are oh so comfy but I can't wear them everyday! I guess I need to go buy at least another pair!

If it's public I wear sweats..if it's family I rock my pajama pants! Lol. Jeans rub where my worst incision is and my incisions are looking so good I won't dare chance hurting them. So hoping to get into some jeans next week. I did slip mine on to see if they fit different. They are a little bit loose but after 25lbs lost I was expecting a bit more. Oh well!

Hello December Post ops! Hard to belive surgery is behind us and we are on the losers bench! I started my pre op diet on 12/2 and surgery was 12/17. Total weight loss has been 25lbs and 14.5 of those pounds since surgery. Truly I struggle with Protein and water..probably Water more than protein. I'm just not interested lol. But I'm doing my best and better each day. Water, shakes and food go down with no issues..no pain. Get some gas after drinking fluids...find myself burping a lot. I will start soft foods next week and I can't wait! Lol. I am never really hungry so I try to go in order of a shake, water, then food. .usually water again..then a shake, then food. Of course time in between but I try to eat 3x a day but that's rough. I'm just over pureed foods. Once I have more options I think I will be better!

Was anyone released from the hospital and allowed to have more than 1-2oz of liquid at a time?

Nope. I've got a 2 oz liquid/puréed food per meal.

On Chrismas, I was able to put on jeans and a bra. For the jeans, I wore a long shirt and kept the top jeans button unbuttoned, and I put an extra gauze pad on that incision just in case. The bra one was a little harder...not bad when standing, but when I sat, it came a little close to the top incision. At home, I too rock the pajamas, but am about to graduate to sweats. Other than Christmas, I really haven't been out, but that will be sweats, no bra (watch out! Lol).

On Chrismas, I was able to put on jeans and a bra. For the jeans, I wore a long shirt and kept the top jeans button unbuttoned, and I put an extra gauze pad on that incision just in case. The bra one was a little harder...not bad when standing, but when I sat, it came a little close to the top incision. At home, I too rock the pajamas, but am about to graduate to sweats. Other than Christmas, I really haven't been out, but that will be sweats, no bra (watch out! Lol).

When I go out, I have been wearing some of my really big elastic waist pants in various types of material. I usually just wear a sports bra because of that top incision. I have had to wear a real bra once since my surgery. As soon as we left the function we were attending, it was everything I could do to get it off. I had my husband helping me unhook it in the car so I could do the magical slide the bra out of your shirt sleeve. Taaadaaa. Mostly around the house, it is my super soft fuzzy pajama bottoms and a tshirt sans bra. Lol.

Can you tell me the name of those capsule Vitamins? are they prescribed. Sounds like what I need. I need to ask around for them

My vitamins are also from bariactric advantage with Iron. It is an all in one capsule that you take three times a day. You should be able to get it from your doc or the nut.

Can you tell me the name of those capsule Vitamins? are they prescribed. Sounds like what I need. I need to ask around for them

The name of the vitamins that I take are bariactric advantage with Iron. It is a capsule. You take one capsule three times a day. I absolutely love them. I was so disheartened when I started the chewable vitamins. I figured "hey it's chewable vitamins how bad can they be". WRONG! I couldn't do it. I would get so sick after taking them. So the capsules have been a godsend for me. You should be able to get them from your doctor's office or your nut.

Nope. I've got a 2 oz liquid/puréed food per meal.

Before I left the hospital they had me doing 4oz a meal and I still am & now im hungry and wanting soft foods.

Dr I am soooo over shakes and puréed foods! I am sick to death of Soup soup and more soup!!!!!!!! I cannot eat some things as they remind me of vomit!!!!!!! I am so hormonal and eating this crap just irritates me more! I need to eat but I just had Protein Shake for Breakfast so now what?

Greenize42 I can relate! I cant have pureed foods yet so im stuck with ready made shakes all day in order to get my Protein in. I have a popsicle or Jello from time to time but they dont help with the protein. I boughy unflavored Protein Powder but the smell of whey protein is for some readon disgusting since surgery so I cant even sip anything that has it in it without gagging!