Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

Actually my daughter and sil pan fry it without grease just spray Pam and she does sprinkle a very small amt of flour on it so I want her to show me how! I am however gonna have hubby grill me some fish on grill! I do not like to cook but finding different ways to eat seafood could prove to be fun!

I wish I had known how bad this surgery was going to make me hormonally!

I have been seeing numerous comments about after surgery hormones. I am SO glad that I am not affected by that. I had a full/total (ovaries too) hysterectomy in 2012 and I have had no issues since my RYGB last week on the 17th. I have been a bit irriated a few times in general, but nothing major and nothing that feels like I am hormonally screwed up.

I have concerns. I ran this by two other new bariatric friends who had surgery Dec 2nd and Dec 3rd. I would like to throw this out to you all and see if anyone else has the same issue or worry that I do.

I am a RYGB surgery patient. Surgery was Dec 17th. I have had no issues what so ever. I can drink, I can swallow, I can take my daily meds and all of my Vitamins and supplements I am peeing, I am pooping. I am losing weight. I gained 14 pounds post op from Fluid and gasses. I came home at the 48 hours point and I was 307. I was 293 at check in at the hospital...so, there is that 14 pounds. I have lost all of that and another 7 pounds for a total 22 pound loss since I left the hospital on the 19th. That is down 22 in 11 days. I think that is all fine, normal and okay too.

I am pretty sure I am restless and irritated due to head hunger. I am kind of bored. When I feel great and I am forced to relax and lay a bit lower than normal, it drives me crazy! I am doing light housework and busy little stuff to keep me mind busy...but I feel like I can run a marathon. I understand that I am less than two weeks out of surgery and I must rest my body and be kind to the internal stuff that got a major modification.

Per my doctors orders and nutrionist guidelines I am to be on a liquid diet ONLY for three weeks post surgery, until my follow up on January 9th. I am supposed to ONLY have my bariatric approved shakes (2-3 oz per hour, each hour) for an ideal total of 100 grams of Protein daily. In addition I am to drink a MIN of 64 oz of proper hydrating fluids in the other part of the hours all day long, when I am not drinking my Protein Drink. I may also have SF popsicles and broth. I may NOT have Jello, pudding, cream Soups, eggs, etc....NOT until I am approved to advance my diet on/after the 9th of January.

I have "cheated"....I call it tested the waters. I have had some bites of Beans (chewed until they were thin and no bulk, no chunks.). Today I had 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce with a 2oz piece of ham pureed with it. (Might sound gross, but it was great flavor).

I can consume SO MUCH more fluid that what I think I should. I have been told me new pouch is only egg size and should be a holding tank of about 5 oz. So when I drink all of my fluids all day, I am guessing it goes in and exits that pouch rather quickly and doesn't sit in there and hang out, like food would/will.

I had NO ISSUES at all when I had my applesauce this morning. What is up with that? Shouldn't I be feeling full? Shouldn't I be having some restriction? I just don't get full. I don't get uncomfortable. I don't get a signal that says to STOP.

I do NOT want to stretch this pouch out and I certainly hope for it to heal properly.

I see others who's providers allow them all of the jello, pureed whatever, eggs, cottage cheese etc, at this point in the after surgery/post op diet. Are they doing damage to their pouches? I know each provider is so different, I get that.

I plan on calling my office on Monday and letting her know my exact consumption's (I have it all charted and documented).

What else are you folks experiencing that are freshly out of surgery, or how did this work for you earlier in the month, after you were post op?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Hi, I had my sleeve on Nov 14 and I was doing great right up til the holiday. I have such an overwhelming craving for sugar. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have had a terrible sugar craving too.....that is my THING...I love sugar. I have had some Russell Stover sugar free mint patties and I just take a tiny bite, put it in my mouth and let it melt. It's full of flavor and it works. They have sugar alcohols, but sugar free otherwise. I have had no issues with them.

I am also trying new Soup broths...I just bought the Swanson brand Mexican Tortilla....it's not sweet of course, but it redeirects my sugar need/want and settles me down.

<div> <p>I have concerns. I ran this by two other new bariatric friends who had surgery Dec 2nd and Dec 3rd. I would like to throw this out to you all and see if anyone else has the same issue or worry that I do.</p> <p> </p> <p>I am a RYGB surgery patient. Surgery was Dec 17th. I have had no issues what so ever. I can drink, I can swallow, I can take my daily meds and all of my Vitamins and supplements I am peeing, I am pooping. I am losing weight. I gained 14 pounds post op from Fluid and gasses. I came home at the 48 hours point and I was 307. I was 293 at check in at the hospital...so, there is that 14 pounds. I have lost all of that and another 7 pounds for a total 22 pound loss since I left the hospital on the 19th. That is down 22 in 11 days. I think that is all fine, normal and okay too.</p> <p> </p> <p>I am pretty sure I am restless and irritated due to head hunger. I am kind of bored. When I feel great and I am forced to relax and lay a bit lower than normal, it drives me crazy! I am doing light housework and busy little stuff to keep me mind busy...but I feel like I can run a marathon. I understand that I am less than two weeks out of surgery and I must rest my body and be kind to the internal stuff that got a major modification.</p> <p> </p> <p>Per my doctors orders and nutrionist guidelines I am to be on a liquid diet ONLY for three weeks post surgery, until my follow up on January 9th. I am supposed to ONLY have my bariatric approved shakes (2-3 oz per hour, each hour) for an ideal total of 100 grams of Protein daily. In addition I am to drink a MIN of 64 oz of proper hydrating fluids in the other part of the hours all day long, when I am not drinking my protein drink. I may also have SF popsicles and broth. I may NOT have Jello, pudding, cream Soups, eggs, etc....NOT until I am approved to advance my diet on/after the 9th of January. </p> <p> I have "cheated"....I call it tested the waters. I have had some bites of Beans (chewed until they were thin and no bulk, no chunks.). Today I had 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce with a 2oz piece of ham pureed with it. (Might sound gross, but it was great flavor). </p> <p> </p> <p>I can consume SO MUCH more fluid that what I think I should. I have been told me new pouch is only egg size and should be a holding tank of about 5 oz. So when I drink all of my fluids all day, I am guessing it goes in and exits that pouch rather quickly and doesn't sit in there and hang out, like food would/will.</p> <p> </p> <p>I had NO ISSUES at all when I had my applesauce this morning. What is up with that? Shouldn't I be feeling full? Shouldn't I be having some restriction? I just don't get full. I don't get uncomfortable. I don't get a signal that says to STOP. </p> <p> </p> <p>I do NOT want to stretch this pouch out and I certainly hope for it to heal properly.</p> <p> </p> <p>I see others who's providers allow them all of the jello, pureed whatever, eggs, cottage cheese etc, at this point in the after surgery/post op diet. Are they doing damage to their pouches? I know each provider is so different, I get that. </p> <p> </p> <p>I plan on calling my office on Monday and letting her know my exact consumption's (I have it all charted and documented). </p> <p> </p> <p>What else are you folks experiencing that are freshly out of surgery, or how did this work for you earlier in the month, after you were post op?</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>Your feedback is appreciated. </p> <p> </p> </div>

I had my RNYGB on the 16th and I feel exactly the same! My doc has me on full liquids, so I can have a lot of the other stuff you mentioned, but like you I haven't had any adverse reaction to anything I've had and I don't ever get a "full" feeling.

I did take a walk to the park with my family today and when I got home I was exhausted.

I have also asked a few people about the full feeling and they don't remember early on after their surgeries. I see my doc on Monday and will ask him about it then.

The feeling full feeling is hard to describe but i listen to what my body tells me . What I have been told that when I start eating it should not be more than a cup which will include meat, veggies etc. You can stretch out the stoma which I believe is the bottom part that goes to your intestines. Also remember that your stomach is still healing!

I have concerns. I ran this by two other new bariatric friends who had surgery Dec 2nd and Dec 3rd. I would like to throw this out to you all and see if anyone else has the same issue or worry that I do.

I am a RYGB surgery patient. Surgery was Dec 17th. I have had no issues what so ever. I can drink, I can swallow, I can take my daily meds and all of my Vitamins and supplements I am peeing, I am pooping. I am losing weight. I gained 14 pounds post op from Fluid and gasses. I came home at the 48 hours point and I was 307. I was 293 at check in at the hospital...so, there is that 14 pounds. I have lost all of that and another 7 pounds for a total 22 pound loss since I left the hospital on the 19th. That is down 22 in 11 days. I think that is all fine, normal and okay too.

I am pretty sure I am restless and irritated due to head hunger. I am kind of bored. When I feel great and I am forced to relax and lay a bit lower than normal, it drives me crazy! I am doing light housework and busy little stuff to keep me mind busy...but I feel like I can run a marathon. I understand that I am less than two weeks out of surgery and I must rest my body and be kind to the internal stuff that got a major modification.

Per my doctors orders and nutrionist guidelines I am to be on a liquid diet ONLY for three weeks post surgery, until my follow up on January 9th. I am supposed to ONLY have my bariatric approved shakes (2-3 oz per hour, each hour) for an ideal total of 100 grams of Protein daily. In addition I am to drink a MIN of 64 oz of proper hydrating fluids in the other part of the hours all day long, when I am not drinking my protein drink. I may also have SF popsicles and broth. I may NOT have Jello, pudding, cream Soups, eggs, etc....NOT until I am approved to advance my diet on/after the 9th of January.

I have "cheated"....I call it tested the waters. I have had some bites of Beans (chewed until they were thin and no bulk, no chunks.). Today I had 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce with a 2oz piece of ham pureed with it. (Might sound gross, but it was great flavor).

I can consume SO MUCH more fluid that what I think I should. I have been told me new pouch is only egg size and should be a holding tank of about 5 oz. So when I drink all of my fluids all day, I am guessing it goes in and exits that pouch rather quickly and doesn't sit in there and hang out, like food would/will.

I had NO ISSUES at all when I had my applesauce this morning. What is up with that? Shouldn't I be feeling full? Shouldn't I be having some restriction? I just don't get full. I don't get uncomfortable. I don't get a signal that says to STOP.

I do NOT want to stretch this pouch out and I certainly hope for it to heal properly.

I see others who's providers allow them all of the jello, pureed whatever, eggs, cottage cheese etc, at this point in the after surgery/post op diet. Are they doing damage to their pouches? I know each provider is so different, I get that.

I plan on calling my office on Monday and letting her know my exact consumption's (I have it all charted and documented).

What else are you folks experiencing that are freshly out of surgery, or how did this work for you earlier in the month, after you were post op?

Your feedback is appreciated.

I'm not getting full either. I had my surgery 12/11 and am on pureed foods for eight weeks. A week after surgery I asked my doctor why I'm not feeling full and he said it's going to take a few weeks because you're actual body doesn't register the change yet. I'm doing everything I should and taking all my vitamins. Lacking about 15g of protein daily but I just can't get that extra in no matter how hard I try. My list of pureed foods is pretty strict so I'm going crazy and have no idea how I'm going to get through the next six weeks. I'm losing on average two pounds a day right now so hopefully I can keep that up for a few more weeks. I am allowed to have saline/low Fiber crackers so when I feel hungry I eat one low fat cheez-it. I feel your pain though, definitely don't think you're alone.

Oh and I am to have 32 oz Water and then it will increase to 64

Hi everyone! I'm scheduled for surgery on the 31st of December (Happy New Year to me!) -- so I guess I will be the last person in the December group. I am feeling much more afraid now as the time is coming closer -- but reading all your posts makes this seem a lot less scary. My question is: What is one thing you wish you had known about the day of surgery and recovery?

Day of, and for a few following days, it's extremely hard to cough and laugh.

As far as recovery goes, puree foods will drive you crazy and you'll be eating a lot of the same things. It gets old quick. Also I always read that scent and taste buds change but I really didn't think that'd happen to me. Boy was I wrong. Everything tastes different and I feel like I have the scent of a dog. Crazy how that happens. Best of luck!

My tastes have definitely changed. For example, the flavored Protein Shakes I had before surgery, I can't stomach now. They're way too sweet. Syrupy sweet. Also, Water doesn't taste right. My NUT said I could add a little bit of crystal light to the water or a small piece of fruit to improve the flavor of water. That worked. My wife tried it and said it's too watered down for her. But it tastes best to me. I'm including a list of what tastes good to me now, so far. I've tried many things pureed, and several things I used to like are now revolting. They aren't on the list below. If you want to know the things I can't stand now, let me know. So here's the good stuff pureed, so far: Apple sauce, Cottage cheese, String cheese, Bacon, Vegetable/tomato juice, Water, with a tiny bit of crystal light or a tiny piece of fruit, Non-fat yogurts, unflavored Protein shakes, Scrambled eggs, and Mashed potatoes from box. What are your favorites so far?

Funny how things change! I hated the crystal light in the hospital but now I drink it all the time! I too have had an increased sense of smell! I am not sure how great that will be since I am an asst director at a daycare!

How did the bacon look puréed that sounds good!

Funny how things change! I hated the crystal light in the hospital but now I drink it all the time! I too have had an increased sense of smell! I am not sure how great that will be since I am an asst director at a daycare!

That sense of smell in a daycare could be trouble alright!