Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

Hello all. I am 4 days Post op from RYGB. I am doing what I consider GREAT! I gained 14 pounds from surgery, all those gasses (laproscopic) and Water (tons of IV bags of fluid) really add up. Little by little I can tell that is exiting my body, then I should begin to lose the actual "weight". I am only sore in the abdomen area. I have had NO PAIN at at all. Just tenderness, soreness and when I first wake in the morning, I'd say my belly area is stiff. I did get a bit plugged up feeling yesterday and took some MOM (Milk of Magnesia sp?) and that worked like a charm. Everyone should keep that product on hand...just incase. I am doing my 2 oz of bariatric approved Protein shake every hour and hydrating with zero caloried Water and flavored drinkings in between. It's really hard to consume so much "food" (fluid) when you are NOT a bit hungry. I have had NO belly hunger and NO head hunger. It's been six days since I have "eaten" real food. I was thinking I'd be starving and dying for food and the hand to mouth function....I am not! So far, so good. Really looking forward to getting some of these extra surgery pounds offs, so the real LOSING can begin!!! Happy Saturday to all.

I am just one day out from my surgery. Yesterday was rough...today was better physically but I did have some tears. I'm looking froward starting my journey!

I am just one day out from my surgery. Yesterday was rough...today was better physically but I did have some tears. I'm looking froward starting my journey!

Greenize is right. It will get better. It's hard too see the future when you're in pain. But it will get better. Make sure you do what your medical staff say. And take advantage of those pain meds.

Hello all! I had my surgery on friday the 20th and was discharged earlier today. I started having gas yesterday, tolerated all my ounces well today, and even had a bowel movement today at home. Is my body moving too fast? I was told these things would happen later on in a couple weeks.

Hello all! I had my surgery on friday the 20th and was discharged earlier today. I started having gas yesterday, tolerated all my ounces well today, and even had a bowel movement today at home. Is my body moving too fast? I was told these things would happen later on in a couple weeks.

Hello. I had my surgery Tuesday... I am 5 days post op. I too have tolerated all Fluid intake. I had lots of has leave my body while in the Hospital and am still getting rid of it. I had a BM while at the hospital too, the morning of discharge. I have had three more since I came home on a Thursday. I believe our bodies are working great! So much better to be functioning, rather than all plugged up and miserable. Rest, take your Vitamins and supplements taking your Protein and hydrate hydrate hydrate!

Hi All! I found you! Lol. RNY was on the 17th. SW eas 292.9 however I came home weighing 304lbs!! But today I am 289.7lbs! I guess that's really only 3.2lbs from surgery weight but I'll take it!! Going great. Minimal pain. Never hungry nor thirsty. Working on a schedule for that and vitamins!! Hope all is well with u guys!

Had surgery on the 20th, but am getting released today. Can't wait to get home! I have two small kids who are expecting Santa to come tomorrow night. And I have a lot of wrapping to do.

Congrats on all your surgeries! If you are having bowel movements then that is wonderful! I am taking in my Fluid but still having to take laxatives! So yeah for you and your bowel movements, fluid intake, and feeling great!

Any one else feeling woozy or dizzy post op? The only way I can explain is that I feel like im coming down off pain meds.... maybe thats what it is. I dont like the feeling at akk!

Jackie I am also having that feeling and especially since I have pushing myself to get Chrisas finished! I am getting all of my fluids but I am hoping it is not from dehydration! So drink drink drink! Maybe my body needs more than 32 oz. I don't know! For this very reason of feeling this way I don't trust myself to drive !

Yea im going to just keep sipping. Im hoping its the meds wearing off. This is why I don't usually take pain meds, that feeling of "coming down" I just cant deal with it