Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

No meds my appt went well! All they did was ask me how I was doing and he didn't even look at incisions! I asked again about metformin and dr Primomo asked what was the highest sugar and I told him! I now need to quit seeing my endocrinologist! I am excited about that so why am I feeling guilty like I have done something wrong ? Maybe I am just weird! Lol

No meds my appt went well! All they did was ask me how I was doing and he didn't even look at incisions! I asked again about metformin and dr Primomo asked what was the highest sugar and I told him! I now need to quit seeing my endocrinologist! I am excited about that so why am I feeling guilty like I have done something wrong ? Maybe I am just weird! Lol

Excellent! Congratulations! I hope I can say the same soon. Maybe your guilt has to do with all the times you heard your medical concerns were going to be with you for the rest of your life. Maybe those feelings have to do with the hormones released by the ketones we're using for fuel right now. Anyway, you've reason to really celebrate!

It's so nice to be on here and hear someone day it's Ok! My hormones are in high and rare form! My irritability is ridiculous and even though I know I'm acting like an idiot I still do it! ????. Mother Nature is due soon plus all the extra! I do not like Alot of change , yes I'm one of those people, and I am controlling! I have feelings of different ranges all over the place! I think I need to pull out my laptop and journal ever day! I can tell people but until your HERE you can't understand! I am happy even though I can't find the emotion for that word but I am aggravated because I will lose a little and stall! It's a pain I the ass to purée food! I have to spend all day tomorrow shopping! What the heck am I gonna eat? Sorry about this diary but I guess I needed to vent!

I'm doing great post op this time around. My doctor isn't making me do all the crazy diet this time because I've already been through that when I had my sleeve surgery. I know what it feels like to introduce different textures of food into my new pouch. So I did clears for a few days then moved to soft foods. I have been a little too overzealous with some of my food choices and I have paid the price. I have learned very quickly that the gastric bypass pouch is very very different than my gastric sleeve pouch. I have a question for everyone. Is anyone else experiencing excessive gas? I didn't have this before. And not regular gas either. I mean kill living creatures gas and enough that I could project myself across a football field.

Lmao I'm pre op but have 3 aunts and 2 cousins who all have that gas! Man they can clear out a room, most of them are courteous and run outside and do it now with company, but one of my aunts is 13 years post op and she still smells like that so I have a feeling it's here to stay lol

Red Stacey get on the blog that I put up as gas ! You will then have your answers !

Ok thx. The gas thing is crazy. I do have an explanation to some of yall's right sided pain. I had that with my first surgery pretty bad and a little bit this time. It is from them retracting your liver. It does cause s good bit of pain.

Retracting my liver? ????? I also had a drain that was causing pain on that side but the took it out the day before I came home!

Yes. They place a retractor in your abdomen during the surgery to hold the liver out of the way.

Retracting my liver? ????? I also had a drain that was causing pain on that side but the took it out the day before I came home!

Same here. I had a drain too that they took out the day I was released. But that drain was on my right side. Red Stacey's right about one of the incisions having that liver retracter. It's usually one of the uppermost incisions. You might wanna watch one of the YouTube videos on a live RNY. I couldn't watch before my surgery. But it was most enlightening after.

Is this done for everyone or just if your liver is too big?

Couldn't that damage your liver

It's done for everyone. That is one of the main reasons they want us to diet before surgery is so the liver has a chance to get smaller. Overweight people tend to have larger livers.

Couldn't that damage your liver

Red Stacey is right. And I've also heard we're born with about seven times the liver we need. Good thing too since we'll be using Tylenol from now on.

I knew the liver had to shrink and all I just didn't think about the tetraction thingy! I will have to watch a video again! I