Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Asked for It! Plastic Surgery Pictures

Thanks sooooo much for posting those!! I am newly banded and was wondering when to think about the Tummy Tuck and your pics really helped!! You are so brave for posting

Cant' wait to see the final results.:clap2: :clap2:

WOW! Those pics are fantastic! Another THANK YOU for posting. Just seeing them answers a lot of questions I have. Your skin tone is almost identical to mine so I can kinda see what to expect in another 80 lbs gone! Congrats, you look great already!

CJ

I know it seems strange but the last couple of days have been a bit painful. All the never endingd are growing back and it is a strange and sometimes painful situation. Ladies who have had C sections seem to understand the feeling. I have no human children so I was not prepared.

Sometimes there is a shooting pain in my belly and on the sides of each breast. The there will be a tingling feeling that comes and goes. The doctor says this is normal as the nerves heal.

I'm having trouble sleeping through the night but it is getting better. I'm glad tha doc offered sleeping pills along with my pain killers. I know some people don't want to take a lot of meds but this is one of those times where I think it is for the greater good.

Spydr,

Thank you so much for your openness about your surgery. I'm in such a similar spot to you. I'm about the same size (or will be in a couple of weeks when I have my TT and BL) and have a similar body type, so it's really useful to me to see your pics. Thank you again.

Question for you about the pain. You're 3 weeks out -- do you work outside the home? If so, are you back at work? I have a desk job and I've taken a month off, but I'm hoping not to need the whole month. With my band, I took a week off and went back on day 2 simply because I was bored. I understand you're in more pain right now than even a couple of weeks ago as the nerves reconnect. How much does the pain get in the way of your functioning?

Thanks.

Thank you for posting the pics and congratulations on your weight loss and "new" body. You can see a dramatic difference already and I bet it gets better and better as the edema subsides.

Julie - I work from home but have to travel to meet clients 3 to 4 times a week. I think you could take 2 weeks off and be right as rain. My doctor had me on bed rest for 7 days. FYI - Bed Rest means stay in bed! There is a reason for this. Make sure your care giver understands that you will need help with everything. This is one of the times when it is okay to be selfish.

The only really issue I am having is not being able to sleep through the night. I can manage the pain and still function. I just have to keep my priorites in order and not feel guilty that I can't go out to dinner or drinks at night. I have been in bed resting early and I think it helps.

Those pictures are amazing. I would like to add my thanks and say how brave you are.

I am thinking about tt next year. These photos are so real and show wow! results.

Good luck to you in your continued wt loss and recovery.

Ps. Dr Jay did my surg also. Is your plastic surgeon in the same building?

Missy - My doc is not associated with Dr Jay but he did the plastic surgery on one of Dr Jay's patients who was part of the FDA trial for the band. That's how I found him. Her name is Cynthia and she knits in Dr Jay's waiting roomif that rings a bell. She looks great and has had the band about 7 years. Can't wait until i have that kind of time under my belt.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Can I ask what cup size before & after? I was in a C cup in fifth grade so I've always been top heavy, even before all the weight gain. I'm now buying 48 DDD bras. Probably need bigger but that's the biggest I could find at Walmart and I'm NOT paying more than

$15 for a bra. My back may suffer but I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay more than that.

Will you have problems with sagging as you lose more?

Thanks, Crystal

FYI - Bed Rest means stay in bed! There is a reason for this. Make sure your care giver understands that you will need help with everything. This is one of the times when it is okay to be selfish.

Wow. A week in bed. OK, I get it. My caretaker is a plastic surgery nurse, so I know I'll be covered there. Keeping me still for an entire week is the challenge. Wow. A WEEK in bed. Crazy!

Hey thanks for posting. I just had my BR on Monday. I had a lot of fibriod tumors in my left breast and it is giving me a lot of pain. My right breast feels fine. I'm exhausted doing stuff and I'm really not doing much. Today was the first day I ran/really walked into costco to buy a camasole and sports bra then went to visitMIL in rehab and laid in her bed while I was there.

What type of support bra are you wearing? You sure are brave for doing both at the same time. I'm thinking TT in Novemeber.

You look great already...that side view makes you look so flat in the tummy. He did a great job. I'm also hoping to get a BL and TT this year.

Ana

Those pics are great! Thanks for posting them. I was just banded and need to loose about half of my current body weight to be at a normal BMI. I have already lost 17 lbs and was thinking that if it goes so fast I will have enough skin for another whole person!! I guess that by then I will figure out with my doc what type of pain meds I can tolerate. That seems to be my biggest obstacle, I always get sooo sick after taking any pain meds.

Missy - My doc is not associated with Dr Jay but he did the plastic surgery on one of Dr Jay's patients who was part of the FDA trial for the band. That's how I found him. Her name is Cynthia and she knits in Dr Jay's waiting roomif that rings a bell. She looks great and has had the band about 7 years. Can't wait until i have that kind of time under my belt.

Thanks Spydr. Yes! I do know Cynthia, I have talked with her several times. I just knew here as the "knitting lady in the waiting room"

She is very helpful and informative.

ty