Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Asked for It! Plastic Surgery Pictures

Thanks for sharing. I wish you the best. Please post more pictures as you heal and the swelling goes down. Do you know yet if your down any sizes? On the breast lift, did they add anything or just pull up? I'm really interested in the sensation part. I want to have a breast lift, but I don't want to lose sensation. (There are only a few enjoyments left in life, ya know?!).

AYYY CARUMBA!!!! To heck with the bravery of posting your pics! After that kind of surgery, I imagine ANYTHING is a walk in the park. Hats off for being able to look at these pics and step outside yourself. I am panicked at the thought of having my steri strips removed and seeing the little incisions from my Lap Band!! I guess I am a wussy!!! lol

Congrats on your new and improved bod!! A speedy recovery to you!!

Charlotte

As far as the week of bed rest: I was able to walk around the house, go to the potty, sit on the porch and pour a glass of juice. Just one of those activities would wipe me out. It's all about taking things slow. If you push yourself and try to do too much, your body will remind you! It's a lot like to band surgery in that way. Take it slow and easy.

I am still having pain in breasts during the day and pain at my hips during the night. I can still function day to day but I have been going to bed early these days. My breasts are all natural, just higher! I'm sure they will sag again one of these days but I am happy to perky ones for a change. The swelling is going down and I can see them drop a bit already. I didn't want to look like a Barbie Doll. I just wanted to feel more "normal".

I hope to take some more pictures in about a week and see where things stand. At first it was hard to remove myself from the pictures but I am a big believer in the greater good and blazing a path for others. I wish someone had been brave enough to tell/show me about the LapBand years and years ago. This is my small part that I hope will help others on the weight loss journey.

Happy Birthday, Spydr! I definitely appreciate you posting your pictures, thanks! :(

Thanks for posting! I can't wait to see more as you heal.

Thanks so much for the candid photos! Its threads like this that help keep me inspired as I am starting out with my band. I can fantacize about how I will lose all my weight and then get whatever procedures I need done and turn out looking great like you guys! It really helps with my morale! Plus it satisfies those voyeuristic tendancies LOL Im joking about that last bit... But as I am now unless my skin ends up being super elastic I bet I would want to get a boob lift (D cups since the eight grade when growth finally started to slow...) and my upper arms done. Not sure about tummy or lower body until I lose weight! But with fabulous results like years I'm not afraid of the saggy skin I know I might get cause I now I know I can get it taken care of and look great! And still have nipple sensation! Thanks!

I just got back from my follow up this week. I hate talking about the bad stuff but there is some. If you have been reading the thread, you saw where I had my drain removed. Although the doctor did agree at the time, I admit I was pushy about it. Well, it seems I had some Fluid built up and he had to drain it. It hurt a little bit but the upsetting part was the amount of Fluid. It was just over 160 ccs. That seems like a lot to me but the doctor was not worried. he says it happens sometimes.

I now have to go back every day to drain my belly until there is no fluid. My tummy looked a bit stretched out the last few days but I figured that was just how it was. After he drained me, it blew me away!

I am tired and still having some trouble sleeping. Although the doc will keep writing pain meds for me, I do want to try to process the pain a little more. I can't keep taking pills forever so I guess it's time for me to "man up" a little more!

So today's lesson, leave your drain tube in as long as you can stand it! It will make things better in the long run. I am now headed to the bath tub to soak as I have been cleared to take a steamy hot bath. It's been over 3 weeks and I think I'm due! :clap2:

Spydr: I hope you're all right and won't need to be drained too long. Medical procedures are a drag, but it will be worth it in the long run. Looking forward to some more pictures when you get healed up a little more. Wishing you the best!

Spydr:

I was private pay for my band surgery and have a feeling I will be private pay for my TT and BL too. Did insurance cover yours or were you private pay? Either way, if you don't mind answering, what did it cost?

Thanks,

Steph

GULP! :paranoid

Your before pics of your breasts look a lot like mine do now. I know I have to get this done but dang! it looks so painful. And the drain tubes, eeee gad! I admit I'm scared.

Did you have to have a catheter after surgery? I hate those things :tired

Steph - I am on Medicare. I am told that they may cover the TT but it would takle a long time to get approved and there would be a ton of hoops to jump through. It was a medical need as my skin was splitting open and bleeding from time to time. The breast lift could also be covered due to the back trouble I was having.

it seemed like too much trouble and I am not a patient lady! The total of the TT and breast lift was $9500. I paid cash upfront so he cut me a deal. The orginal total was around $11,000. I had been saving since I got band so there was a fund earmarked for plastic surgery. By the way, always ask your doctor for a discount. The worst he could say is no but he may say yes!

Davyna - I am a wuss when it comes to pain but i got lucky and had an anastesiologist who understood. I told her I did not want a catheter in once I woke up as I hate pain. She made sure that I felt nothing. If it was in when I woke up, I have no memory of it. The first memory I have after the procedure is opening my eyes and I was sitting in a chair, dressed with a binder on. They say I asked them for a extra 30 minutes to sleep and they let me. I guess I need to send her a gift basket for keeping me so looped up!

Thanks Spydr. You and I both live in the same area so maybe I could get the same anastesiologist to do me ;)