Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2013 Sleevers Roll call!

Sleeved 10/24

HW 290

SW 229

CW 212

No complications, no problems eating or drinking. I get about 65-75g of Protein and about 700-800 calories and walk 1-2 miles a day.

Not overjoyed with the rate I've lost so far, but all I can do is follow the plan and hope my body complies.

Cindy

I feel like I'm doing all the right things (80 Protein, low carbs, 1.5 hours of exercise/day, 800 cals/day), but the weight is coming off SOOOO slowly!! About 3 lbs/week. I'm probably about 20 oz of Water short per day. I can work on that. Should I raise my calories? I'm hypothyroid (treated)...and I know that caused my to lose slowly in the past. Am I still going to have to fight that?

HW: 286 (4/2013)

SW: 256 (10/15/2013)

CW: 230

I feel like I'm doing all the right things (80 Protein, low carbs, 1.5 hours of exercise/day, 800 cals/day), but the weight is coming off SOOOO slowly!! About 3 lbs/week. I'm probably about 20 oz of Water short per day. I can work on that. Should I raise my calories? I'm hypothyroid (treated)...and I know that caused my to lose slowly in the past. Am I still going to have to fight that?

HW: 286 (4/2013)

SW: 256 (10/15/2013)

CW: 230

Cheer up ur doing great. I went through a 2 week stall n now i only losing 1 pound a wk. Plus u dont want to lose it to fast or people will question u. Give ur self at least 5 to 9 months to lose desired weight.

Surgery date - October 28

Highest Weight - 326

Surgery Weight - 296

Current Weight - 276.5

Goal Weight - Maybe about 150 - When I see my new PCP I will bring it up and see what she thinks.

My bariatric nurse suggested we maybe take 1/2 pill of some of our medications for chronic things like high blood pressure. I take a blood pressure pill and a Water pill. I've been feeling very fatigued lately, so I stopped the blood pressure pill a couple days ago and am only taking the water pill. I'll have my blood pressure taken periodically until I see my new PCP in January, but so far it's been fine. I will be very happy if I don't need them anymore.

I'm still struggling to get in all the Protein and water I need. I had the dreaded stall at 3 weeks and didn't lose anything for a full week. I finally lost 1 more pound and now I'm continuing the stall. I'm constipated, too, so I'll be working on that when I get home from our Thanksgiving dinner tonight.

How did you guys do for Thanksgiving? I'm a little nervous about eating away from home, but hopefully I'll be okay. Nothing I ate agreed with me yesterday, even the basic things I have nearly every day. But today is a new day, so I'm hopeful that everything will be easy and comfortable. I do feel better this morning than I have the last few mornings.

I had turkey and ham first, then had a bite of whatever else I wanted (dressing, cranberry, yams, mashed potatoes) and stopped when I felt full. I normally stay under 20g of carbs and eat mostly dense Protein. The interesting thing was, I stayed full longer after eating what I considered to be "slider" foods that I do normally, eating dense protein. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Surgery date 10/24/2013

HW-274

SW-265

CW-229

Still can't get in all my Protein and shakes are hard for me to drink now but I try to get in at least one a day. Just started meat this week and going well.

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone! I had such a great day. I saw my cousin who I hadn't seen in forever and was so happy to not be shamefully huge. I would never have gone to see him 61lbs ago because he and his wife are so thin and fit. I went to my boyfriends moms house and had a good time as well. Her home at Thanksgiving is a gluttons paradise- literally 40-50+ family members, extended family and friends with buffet style catering dishes with TONS of food. Desserts galore and the liquor flows well into the night- it's an absolute feeding frenzy! Two men commented on how small my plate was- I told one who's known me for a long time about my surgery. I had even put more on my plate that I knew I wasn't going to eat! Once my boyfriend settled in to a game of Madden with his best friend from high school (these are 42 yr old military men mind you), I took the opportunity to go see a friend from college that I recently reconnected with. Again, I would never have gone to see her either. She and I were obsessed with our weight and the gym in college and I would not want her to see me that way. Even now it's still not as comfortable. I was so happy to see her and when I move she'll be my gym buddy like old times. We've also made plans for a Caribbean cruise in April 2015!

So many people said how good I looked and it made me happy but also kind of sad knowing how much I had let myself go. I'm not going to dwell on the past though, but I know no matter what I will never let myself go there EVER AGAIN. I had a great holiday, didn't have alcohol even though I thought I would try some, and lost another pound! Who can ever say they LOST a pound the day after Thanksgiving? She wins!!! :)

Hello everyone !!! I hope all is well or at least getting there. I know it's been a little ruff for many of us getting used to our new norm, but we'll be just fine... I'm looking forward to Spring already by then I would love to be 60lbs lighter and I'm already halfway there in one month....My husband and I are planning on renewing our vows in Vegas and spending our 10 yr wedding anniversary in Costa Rica so I'm looking forward to doing some shopping for clothes to fit my new body... I'm so excited and that's motivating me.. Even though my weight lose has stalled a little you know that 3 week stall everyone dreads and on top of that I think for us females that still get our monthly, we don't loose much during that week either. What I am excited about is shedding 9 1/2 inches in 3 weeks yaaayyy!!! #Stay motivated guys

Highest Weight 260

Surgery Weight 232

Current Weight 205 (7 weeks post op)

Goal Weight 165

Off all my diabetic meds, blood pressure meds and no asthma inhaler needed!!!

Scheduled for ventral hernia with loose skin cut away on Dec 18th... Excited but nervous!

Surgery date - October 20

Highest Weight - 313

Surgery Weight - 283

Current Weight - 258

Having some abdominal pain this week which I figure is gall stones. Anyone else go through this? Since treatment for gallstones appears to be pain meds, I don't see the point of going to the hospital or doctor. Thoughts?

Surgery Date-10/30/2013

HW- 370

SW- 350

CW- 320

I've lost a total of 50lbs. Started my 2 week diet at my heaviest. I'm doing great, loving my sleeve!!!!!

Surgery Date-10/30/2013

HW- 370

SW- 350

CW- 320

I've lost a total of 50lbs. Started my 2 week diet at my heaviest. I'm doing great, loving my sleeve!!!!!

Wow! You are doing great!

I love hearing how everyone that was sleeved around the same time as me is doing! I'm amazed at the fast losers and reassured and comforted by the slower ones. I appreciate that you all continue to post here!

HW 250

Started pre op at 247

SW 236 10/21

CW 216

That's 34lbs total loss and I couldn't be happier. I still have a little trouble getting hydrated and so my energy doesn't last as long as it used to but I feel great! Never had any nausea and no food restrictions whatsoever. .. I've been so fortunate. Thanks to all for your support.

Surgery was 10/7. I hit 50lbs down yesterday

Surgery was 10/7. I hit 50lbs down yesterday

That's awesome progress! Great job!

As of this morning I am down 30.5 lbs. surgery date 10/29. Fingers crossed I do as well as u. :)