Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did not have this surgery to give up food forever!

Mmmmm hungry. :)

Me too! lunch is baked tilapia with lime seasoning from costco, and a plate of cucumbers, jicama and lychees with Tajin fruit seasoning from mexico along with a movie with my husband and son. Life is good.

See Laura?? don't even need to know how to cook, just how to shop :)

So it's not about eating junk food just cake? Bloody hell!

And no one is making you feel anything. It's up to you to do what you can live with. But just don't be one of the many who is 1-2 years out and never made it to goal, putting on weight, and no clue how to do anything about it.

You must be perfect!!

If you eat those things and feel guilty for "taking advantage" of your sleeve, that's all on you. Don't let others make you feel that you are doing anything wrong. This is your journey, your life, your (new, it sounds like) sleeve. I'm almost 10 months out, I hit BELOW my goal this morning. I remember in the beginning feeling and saying the same things you are right now. When you get further out, you can eat anything (I've been able to since I was able to start eating again), volumes of food you are able to consume get shockingly larger, and your appetite will likely enhance by a LOT. I am only speaking from my own experience, but I bet most people at my stage in the game will agree. I do allow myself to eat what I want, usually. I think if you feel like you get push back on this topic, it's because people who have gone through it know the importance of making good habits. That's what they are, really, habits. Eating a low carb tortilla isn't anything to be ashamed about. I do the same. This is your journey, and to be successful and to maintain success, obviously some changes in your life and diet will have to be made. That doesn't mean you can't live normally, have a piece of cake, or need to feel guilty for indulging in something you enjoy once in a while. You just need to keep your eye on the prize: maintenance. I have been making a "plan" for maintenance for a few weeks now, otherwise if I ate what I wanted whenever I wanted, I'm positive I could easily gain back a LOT of weight sadly. But luckily for me right now, I went through my weight loss phase with a little bit of "very strict" and a tiny bit of "carefree," and I feel prepared to maintain my weight right now (actually I may decide to lose 5 more to be safe). Anyhow, do what works for you, be smart about it, and best of luck to you on your journey.

You must be perfect!!

Wow.

I don't know about perfect but the man did lose almost 200 lbs. Give him some credit for knowing what he's talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

The cake was an example because you seem to not be understanding what this post is about. No one is looking for sympathy or the "OK" to go eat crap!

You're right I don't understand. Because your very first sentence was asking if it was so bad if you eat a cookie or chips. Sounded to me like you were asking for something.

Tell me then what is the point of this thread other than to make people feel less guilty about eating "off plan". Because my point is why feel guilty in the first place and why eat off plan when you're still trying to lose?

Put me on team moderator !! :)

No, just got it done actually. But lost 16 pounds in first week. I give you a crap ton of credit, and like your advice, but all the girl wants is a couple bites of something and your putting her down for it. No one is perfect, and I'm sure you took one bite of something at some time you shouldn't have, that's all.

You're right I don't understand. Because your very first sentence was asking if it was so bad if you eat a cookie or chips. Sounded to me like you were asking for something.

Tell me then what is the point of this thread other than to make people feel less guilty about eating "off plan". Because my point is why feel guilty in the first place and why eat off plan when you're still trying to lose?

Why did you even comment on this post if your just going to be negative? I'm sorry that I have a realistic view on my eating habits, Isnt this website here so that we can vent and talk to one another? and not in a negative way!

I'm almost 10 months out. I'm at goal (and then some) with my current weight at 126 lbs. I eat what I want. If I want cake, I eat cake but after a few bites I'm done. I refuse to be a slave to dieting. I don't "count" anything. Each of us do what works for us. As long as we are all successful then how we got there and/or maintain doesn't matter. Let's all support each other. We surely run into enough negativity and nay Sayers. Can't we all just get along. :)

Mmmmm popcorn :) can we ever have popcorn again??

Mmmmm popcorn :) can we ever have popcorn again??

Yes! My husband and I split a 100 calorie bag once or twice a week. Just finished one as a matter of fact :)

popcorn is the only food I am missing on this 2 weeks of liquid! Dreaming if it!

Here is my .05 cent opinion. If the OP is only a few weeks out I question why she is even thinking about when she can have such foods as cake, chips and the like. As it has already been said here as time goes on it gets much easier to eat all of these slider foods and at times it is hard to stop at just two bites(for me anyway). You really need to have your head in the game especially in the beginning or you will never make it as I think Butter had eluded to. So can you have those foods; YES, should you; NO.