Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Washington State Sleevers?

Hey all! Fyi, as long as carpool is something that is attainable, i think that we should meet at alki beach soon before the sun goes away for good. There are plenty of sheltered picnic areas, and we can bring our own food and snacks..

Im rooting for soon since school will be starting up again soon. I am more then happy to help organize this if one or more of you guys are willing to help me. :)

I figure we can move around the greater seattle area as time goes on. But lets just pick a place already. ;)

PM me if you want. :)

Dylan

P.S. I got my official surgery date. Im scheduled for nov. 18th!

I went to st Francis in Federal Way. My insurance covered it, but a friend of mine did self pay. She paid $28,000. My daughter's insurance denied her because she did not have BMI over 40. Mew are researching surgeons in Mexico and looking for a date around January to give her time to save her money. Mexico ranges from $4600 to $8600.

I cannot meet untIl after Sept, but of course everyone that can meet up should do so if that works out for everyone. Enjoy! Maybe we can make it a monthly thing and rotate locations and I can catch up with all of you in Oct. I am able to meet most any location.

I went to Mexicali bariatric center and it was 8750. I chose it not really because I was self pay but because of the level of skill if the surgeons there and the 3 day in hospital after care and multiple leak tests - you won't get that in the US. I would have paid more there if I had to, the quality and results from other patients was more important to me than anything else. I'm 3 months out and 50lbs down. I highly recommend it. Cleanest hospital you will ever go to.

I went to Mexicali bariatric center and it was 8750. I chose it not really because I was self pay but because of the level of skill if the surgeons there and the 3 day in hospital after care and multiple leak tests - you won't get that in the US. I would have paid more there if I had to, the quality and results from other patients was more important to me than anything else. I'm 3 months out and 50lbs down. I highly recommend it. Cleanest hospital you will ever go to.

Hi lylabelle. We had made our decision to go with Dr. Alceves and was set to send our deposit the very weekend he was killed. It was such a tragic loss of a top quality surgeon. We then set a date in July to go with Dr. Illan but with the Omar mess, we cancelled. Now back to our research. Regardless, Mexico is still a viable option for us. Just waiting until Jan. We are going to resubmit her data to the insurance one more time in Dec. and will then proceed accordingly.

I went to PSSC in Edmonds. The cost was right around $18,000.00. They were very professional and it has been an all around wonderful experience.

I went to PSSC in Edmonds. The cost was right around $18,000.00. They were very professional and it has been an all around wonderful experience.

Do they use robotics for their surgical procedures. St Francis did with my surgery. I don't think there are any surgeons in Mexico using this new procedure. Dr. Houseworth has been using this tool for 2 years now. Maybe that is why they are so expensive. Not sure it is that much better procedure. They say it is more accurate. But could just be marketing thing.

That is where I am going! Have surgery with Dr. Landerholm on 9/22! Luckily my insurance is covering all but the fitness after care and I used my FSA to pay for any copays. I love how dr landerholm really takes the time to chat with you and get to know you. He is awesome

I would still not hesitate to go to where dr Aceves was. The same team is there including the dr that assisted in my surgery and they brought in the doctor who taught dr Aceves years and years ago. So that team is still the way I would go.

Yes PSSC uses robotics as well as manual. I had Dr Kauffmn and I'm very pleased. He has great bedside manner.

I am having it done at evergreen since my insurance won't cover it outside the hospital.

Genah, how was your recovery? I start my extended preop diet tomorrow! I'm excited

I had surgery at PSSC with Dr. Landerholm and Dr. Billing. My insurance also required I have my surgery at Evergreen. What a great team they have at PSSC. My surgery was on July 8th and recovery went smoothly.

That is where I am going! Have surgery with Dr. Landerholm on 9/22! Luckily my insurance is covering all but the fitness after care and I used my FSA to pay for any copays. I love how dr landerholm really takes the time to chat with you and get to know you. He is awesome

Dr. Landerholm is everything I could have hoped for in a surgeon. I'm so happy I went with him. Dr. Billing assisted with the surgery and discharged me the next day- he seems great too.

My recovery at the clinic went great. I stayed the night because I have many allergies. The staff was wonderful. I have had some rough days at home but I'm feeling a little better today. My main incision has been quite painful and it burns quite a bit. Don't be afraid to take your pain meds. Good luck to all sleevers and I'm looking forward to having more energy.

My recovery at the clinic went great. I stayed the night because I have many allergies. The staff was wonderful. I have had some rough days at home but I'm feeling a little better today. My main incision has been quite painful and it burns quite a bit. Don't be afraid to take your pain meds. Good luck to all sleevers and I'm looking forward to having more energy.

I'm allergic to Percocet so they prescribed dialadid. Only have had it after jaw surgery in the hospital so I don't really remember it. I think it made me tired