Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Washington State Sleevers?

I was sleeved on 8/25 at Swedish and I live on the Eastside. Nice to meet everyone!

I'd be interested in attending a meetup if there is one in October. I'm on the east side but Seattle is fine for me.

I had my sleeve done on September 24 at the Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ortiz) in Tijuana, Mexico. It was a great experience and I'm feeling good. Following the post-op diet pretty closely but I did have to sneak in some Decaf coffee a day early. :-)

I'm up north in lake Stevens. Maybe we could all meet in the middle somewhere. I still don't have a ton of energy, anyone else still tired?

Ok guys, I am back from my 3 week visit with my mother back in SD. So glad to be home again. I missed my beautiful Washington! I really would like to meet up with my fellow WLS friends who are located in and around the Seattle metro area. I actually live in Gig Harbor. There is a great restaurant in West Seattle called Talarico's. They have wonderful meatballs (only $2.00 each!). We could meet there or maybe at Cheesecake Factory at the South Center mall. Let's pick the location and set a date! How about Saturday or Sunday, next week oct 11 - 12th. Or if many are not around because that is a 3 day weekend for some, we could do the following weekend. Let me know your thoughts. Based on feedback we can go with what works for most everyone.

In the Everett area on the west side- my husband has been sleeved as well. He had his July 2, 2012 and I had mine July 2, 2013- exactly a year apart! :)

Who is your primary care doc? I'm 4 months out now and the doc wants me to go get a barium swallow and a blood test to see how I'm doing.

I need a doc somewhere between Everett and bellevue. I don't have a primary care doc, I haven't been to one in ages (the last one was such an idoit I didn't go back). lol

I am curious, why doesn't the surgeon do the followup? Why would a sleeve patient do barium swallow?

I love my primary care doc, but she is an ARNP not a an MD so not sure everyone would be comfy with that. She is in the Bothell/Mill Creek area.

Who is your primary care doc? I'm 4 months out now and the doc wants me to go get a barium swallow and a blood test to see how I'm doing.

I need a doc somewhere between Everett and bellevue. I don't have a primary care doc, I haven't been to one in ages (the last one was such an idoit I didn't go back). lol

We have that same question. So far I have not found a PCP for my daughters (both are scheduled for sleeve surgery in Dec by Dr. A. Ortiz. I have received some negative feedback from some drs so have pulled back in my search. I don't even know how to find a 'friendly and willing' dr.

Ok guys, I am back from my 3 week visit with my mother back in SD. So glad to be home again. I missed my beautiful Washington! I really would like to meet up with my fellow WLS friends who are located in and around the Seattle metro area. I actually live in Gig Harbor. There is a great restaurant in West Seattle called Talarico's. They have wonderful meatballs (only $2.00 each!). We could meet there or maybe at Cheesecake Factory at the South Center mall. Let's pick the location and set a date! How about Saturday or Sunday, next week oct 11 - 12th. Or if many are not around because that is a 3 day weekend for some, we could do the following weekend. Let me know your thoughts. Based on feedback we can go with what works for most everyone.

Unfortunately I work weekends, so maybe meetups are out for me. Mon, Tue, and Wed evenings are best for me.

We have that same question. So far I have not found a PCP for my daughters (both are scheduled for sleeve surgery in Dec by Dr. A. Ortiz. I have received some negative feedback from some drs so have pulled back in my search. I don't even know how to find a 'friendly and willing' dr.

For a PCP I personally wouldn't even tell them that you had the surgery in MX. I would just go in 3 months after the proceedure and ask for the standard blood work up just make sure everything looks good.

I was able to get ahold of pudget sound bariatric center and they said they would see me. I just need to call them when I get back and bring all of the information I recieve from the surgeon down there (leak test etc).

For a PCP I personally wouldn't even tell them that you had the surgery in MX. I would just go in 3 months after the proceedure and ask for the standard blood work up just make sure everything looks good.

I was able to get ahold of pudget sound bariatric center and they said they would see me. I just need to call them when I get back and bring all of the information I recieve from the surgeon down there (leak test etc).

I love PSSC! They rock! Really nice and they truly care about you.

I will that. I have not even asked my own surgeon who's in Federal Way st. Francis weight loss center. But the admin there was horrible to me when I even suggested the Mexico route. I will contact PSSC. Thanks for the tip. Do you have an actual dr. Name that you think is best there?

I am a PSSC patient. Dr Billing saved my life by convincing me that I could be helped and was not a lost cause. He removed my band in Sept 2011 and was so tolerant of my off the hook emotions. Due to vacation schedules,, dr landerholm did my sleeve in Dec 2011 with amazing results. I had some issues about 6 months ago and saw Dr Harris who was spot on with the diagnosis.

They are all compassionate and skilled... I haven't met the other surgeons but this is a quality place so I feel like you can't go wrong with any of them. I switched over to having colonoscopy done there, and if I ever need general surgery they would be on the top of my list.

I will that. I have not even asked my own surgeon who's in Federal Way st. Francis weight loss center. But the admin there was horrible to me when I even suggested the Mexico route. I will contact PSSC. Thanks for the tip. Do you have an actual dr. Name that you think is best there?

I am a PSSC patient. Dr Billing saved my life by convincing me that I could be helped and was not a lost cause. He removed my band in Sept 2011 and was so tolerant of my off the hook emotions. Due to vacation schedules,, dr landerholm did my sleeve in Dec 2011 with amazing results. I had some issues about 6 months ago and saw Dr Harris who was spot on with the diagnosis.

They are all compassionate and skilled... I haven't met the other surgeons but this is a quality place so I feel like you can't go wrong with any of them. I switched over to having colonoscopy done there, and if I ever need general surgery they would be on the top of my list.

I can't say enough good things about PSSC and Dr. Landerholm. Even Bridget the ARNP was great! I read reviews that one gal didn't like her, but she was really nice!