Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Washington State Sleevers?

Yeah.. Well considering I started my conversation with Julie last December.. It's been a long time coming.. Although the dates are still far away, they get closer every day. ;) Where are you at in your process now?

Hey Fellow Group Healthers! I am three weeks out from my surgery at group health in Bellevue with Dr. Landers--he was great!! I had a great care and no complications, and it has been really rather easy to stick with what they told me to do. As you point out the long wait is a huge downside - I would suggest calling customer service or emailing them a formal complaint that the backlog is causing you such a long wait, is in fact you want to move it along that is. It was actually suggested by people who work in the clinic that I do that, and it did help line along. Dr. Lander is not happy about the backlog, and he said it is partly artificial.

Anyway I just wanted to tell you, don't lose hope, and your confidence is well placed in his team.

Kate

Hi everyone! I am new to this group. I am from Skagit County and will be sleeved on June 25th with Dr Chock at NWWLS. I can't wait! So glad I found this Washington State sleevers thread :)

Hi. I have a consult with Dr. Chock @ NWWLS this week. How long did it take after your initial consult to get the surgery date? I have psych appt, consult & dietician class all on same day. Hoping I can schedule surgery soon!

Ugh. I'm getting far from impatient. I have my psych eval later this week.. Which is good. But it breaks my brain think that in a few months I will have been waiting for nearly a year since this conversation started with GH.

I kept on hearing from people that making a formal complaint with costumer service will help put pressure on the team to make sure that we clear out this obvious backlog of people waiting for surgery.

I'm not sure it did anything, either way, I'm still trying to juggle my life around my potential surgery date. And as it I coming closer, it is driving me more an more insane! I have so many things that will be directly influenced by this surgery that I have to plan to take breaks from or change in some way. An all of the things involve letting someone like a boss or other higher up, know what my schedule is.

On top of it, the basic anticipation is killing me. Everyday I get closer to my potential surgery month.. Which is August, I notice more and more how much I want surgery. More so then ever, the lines caused by pants being to tight is bothering me. The fact that I can barely lift my feet to get socks, shoes and yes even undies on. The thought of waiting longer for surgery, taunts me when I have to potentially throw out my back as I put myself in some crazy body position to wipe my own but!

Ugh. All this talk about WLS makes me hungry.

Dylan

Edited by DylanRae

hello,

I think they are trying to fast track or speed up the lengthy time. I had my phone appt. cancelled and she said its not longer needed and just sent me the packet and started me on all the preop tests and sced me for the first class needed in sept. She said we can communicate via email if I had anymore questions. Im hoping to have surgery by the end of the year..so that will just shy a year for me too. A year is a long time!! Sorry Dylan..and I can so relate to everything u are going through trying to get shoes etc all of it!! I went to an Mariners game yesterday and oh my all the walking ughhh I felt bad holding back my hubby and daughter!! I so readddyyy!! Xoxoox ~~ Ang

Hi folks- I am in the Tacoma area and looking into surgery in Mexico. So far I have read a lot about Dr. Aceves and while he is a little pricier than other docs in Mexico it sounds like he has a very conservative (read that as safe) approach.

I had a lap band in Mexico over 10 years ago. That was before they were approved in the states. it was a great experience and a wonderful tool until I started having issues two years ago. Unfortunately I am still battling the same pre surgery concerns as last time I dealt with this.

I would like to touch base with anyone locally who had a revision surgery. I am dealing with issues such as, what do I tell the people I work with when taking time off is hard. Also how do I assure my 80 something year old mother that it is safe. Anyhow if there is a local group I would love to drop in. If there isn't one then I think I may just have to start one later this summer.

Dylan, you are so lucky to be able to do this while you are still young. Be patient, you have a long healthy life ahead of you, I am 64 and wish I had done this at your age.

I am seattle. Just had my sleeve done on June 12th. I am married 35 and have two awesome girls.

I'm in Silverdale. Would love to get a group together to meet sometime! If you're interested PM me! :)

I'm in Kitsap county, having my surgery Monday! I'd love to have a group over here on this side of the Water.< /p>

Hi folks- I am in the Tacoma area and looking into surgery in Mexico. So far I have read a lot about Dr. Aceves and while he is a little pricier than other docs in Mexico it sounds like he has a very conservative (read that as safe) approach. I had a lap band in Mexico over 10 years ago. That was before they were approved in the states. it was a great experience and a wonderful tool until I started having issues two years ago. Unfortunately I am still battling the same pre surgery concerns as last time I dealt with this. I would like to touch base with anyone locally who had a revision surgery. I am dealing with issues such as, what do I tell the people I work with when taking time off is hard. Also how do I assure my 80 something year old mother that it is safe. Anyhow if there is a local group I would love to drop in. If there isn't one then I think I may just have to start one later this summer.

Hi janna13, My daughter and I are traveling to Mexico in July. She is scheduled for sleeve surgery on the 22nd. We live in Gig Harbor. We have chosen dr Aceves to do her surgery.

Hello, new here.

I'm in kirkland. Doing my surgery through Dr. Billing from PSSC in Edmonds. I am pre surgery and currently on the supervised diet. I hope to have surgery sometime this fall (sep or oct) if my insurance goes through ok. Any other PSSC sleevers here? how was your experience?

I know there are meetings with PSSC once a month but would love to know of other local groups. Does anyone know of clothing swap groups? I don't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes as I "downsize". I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of 2nd hand stores and places like Ross for those in between sizes.

I went to PSSC and have had great success! Overlake hospital has a support group open to all.

I love Ross... I shop there all the time even now at goal. I found that fit of skirts and dresses are much more fit forgiving than slacks. I love that I can get several outfits for so affordable! !!

I am in Gig Harbor. My dr was Dr Houseworth out of St Francis Weight Lost center in Federway Way. I had the sleeve 6/17/14.

Hi there fellow Washington state sleevers! I've been on here before and spoke to some of you already..... Just wanted to say hello to everyone and see how everyone is doing this summer :-)

I would love to get together with those that live in the Puget Sound area. I had my sleeve on the 17th of June and would love to share this WLS experience with other like minded comrades. I have never shared this WLS with anyone outside of my immediate family (daughters, hubby, and mother). It would be nice to be able to discuss this topic openly with those that are currently on this journey. Anyone interested? I am willing to meet anywhere within the proximity of NW Washington. We could even make this a monthly thing.