Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Washington State Sleevers?

People who use the mobile apps miss out on photos and all the info in the signature lines, it is too bad really as there is a lot of content there among the "vets".

A before photo from fall of 2011... i was in the 310 or maybe more range

post-122684-0-69269500-1393355121_thumb.jpg

This was taken in early Feb 2014 - i weighed about 148-150

post-122684-0-97469400-1393355203_thumb.jpg

Had to refresh this thread! How are the Washington staters doing? Does anyone know if there are any area support groups out here?

Hey all. Just checking in again... :) happy Thursday.

Hi Dylan Rae, how are you doing?

I'm alright. Waiting for Tuesday!!!!!!

millergirl, PSSC has support groups in several locations for their patients. I think Edmonds, Fife, Marysville and Bellingham. I don't go to them because i am apparently not a support group kinda gal....haha. you should check them out. You should join their Facebook group too if you haven't already.

I just found this forum for Washington Sleevers - nice! I'm in the Eastside area and also with Group Health (DylanRae did you ever get yours pushed through?) and finally have a date of April 29th. I just went to a good support group here too - Bellevue Overlake Hospital has one that you can attend even if you aren't doing it through them. It was really helpful and a good group. Kinda big though, so i hope they break it into two soon. CowGirlJane you're totally inspiration! Great pics, and very cute shoes in the recent one too!

I just found this forum for Washington Sleevers - nice! I'm in the Eastside area and also with Group Health (DylanRae did you ever get yours pushed through?) and finally have a date of April 29th. I just went to a good support group here too - Bellevue Overlake Hospital has one that you can attend even if you aren't doing it through them. It was really helpful and a good group. Kinda big though, so i hope they break it into two soon. CowGirlJane you're totally inspiration! Great pics, and very cute shoes in the recent one too!

Hey! Cool! Congrats on the date! Mine is slow going but I got my Bariatric packet yesterday in the mail! I am signed up for the July pre-op orientation class. I hope to get my date soon after. I just went to the capital hill support group! I'm on the west side.. Heh. Exciting! We should connect!

Dylan

Hey! Cool! Congrats on the date! Mine is slow going but I got my Bariatric packet yesterday in the mail! I am signed up for the July pre-op orientation class. I hope to get my date soon after. I just went to the capital hill support group! I'm on the west side.. Heh. Exciting! We should connect! Dylan

I loved getting that packet! It made it feel real somehow. When you get the forms for your psych evaluation and fill them out, make a copy in case they get shuffled in the process of getting to the social worker or psychologist. That happened to mine and I filled them out all over again, (which was fine, because by then a couple months had passed and I was feeling better about it all.)

How is the Capitol Hill support group? I may go to that sometime since there is that one overly chatty guy in mind, although the one I found it Overlake is good, just really big. I didn't get a date until after the psych eval was completed, just FYI. Also the orientation class was great, and if you have a key support person it's good to take them with you. My husband got all of his questions answered, even some he did not realize he had! None of it was new information to me because of reading these great message boards and having been researching this for so long, but it was REALLY good to meet the nutritionist and dr Landers!

I would definitely connect sometime, maybe to take a walk, since doing cardio before hand is supposed to make recovery so much easier. Are you walking now? I managed 3 miles on Sunday, but that was a stretch, and last night after your anniversary dinner we walked to the park with a big stair climb that was the equivalent of eight flights of stairs. I thought I might die, but the view was beautiful!

I loved getting that packet! It made it feel real somehow. When you get the forms for your psych evaluation and fill them out, make a copy in case they get shuffled in the process of getting to the social worker or psychologist. That happened to mine and I filled them out all over again, (which was fine, because by then a couple months had passed and I was feeling better about it all.) How is the Capitol Hill support group? I may go to that sometime since there is that one overly chatty guy in mind, although the one I found it Overlake is good, just really big. I didn't get a date until after the psych eval was completed, just FYI. Also the orientation class was great, and if you have a key support person it's good to take them with you. My husband got all of his questions answered, even some he did not realize he had! None of it was new information to me because of reading these great message boards and having been researching this for so long, but it was REALLY good to meet the nutritionist and dr Landers! I would definitely connect sometime, maybe to take a walk, since doing cardio before hand is supposed to make recovery so much easier. Are you walking now? I managed 3 miles on Sunday, but that was a stretch, and last night after your anniversary dinner we walked to the park with a big stair climb that was the equivalent of eight flights of stairs. I thought I might die, but the view was beautiful!

Yeah I love the packet I read it cover to cover as soon as I got it! I think I need to call Julie and ask her what more I have to do, because I think I'm done with everything other than the orientation.. And the mental eval.

Yeah, I really like the cap hill group. Fairly small, lots of new faces apparently. But all questions where answered I think, and I think I learned a lot just listening. It was lots of fun! :)

I plan on taking my boyfriend, best friend, and my mom with me. My main supporters. :) I don't explain everything very well so I want all of them to go mostly so that I don't have to repeat it to them later. :)

I really want my date now! I really want to know if I can plan on attending summer classes or not.. Blah!

I am fairly... Low level activity person right now. I am in a yoga class, and depend on walking and bussing to get places. So I have a little bit of excersise in my day, but could always use more. The only problem is that if I do to much then I end up with bad inflammation in my knees. I ended up in urgent care once because of a down hill bike ride once. Even standing at the sink doing dishes is a struggle.

We should connect more! :) I will for sure be at the cap hill group next month. :)

Dylan

Hello,

I also have Group Health and im in the very beginning process, my dr sent a referral which was approved and I have an appt with Julie for a 1/2 hour phone appt. June 12!! Im thinking this is going to be a long process?? Not sure what the steps are with group health, how long have you gals been in the process? I was really hopeing to have surgery June or July? Im a ferry ride over from seattle. So Glad to have found others with the same dr. and same insurance!! TIA~~Ang

Hello,

I also have Group Health and im in the very beginning process, my dr sent a referral which was approved and I have an appt with Julie for a 1/2 hour phone appt. June 12!! Im thinking this is going to be a long process?? Not sure what the steps are with group health, how long have you gals been in the process? I was really hopeing to have surgery June or July? Im a ferry ride over from seattle. So Glad to have found others with the same dr. and same insurance!! TIA~~Ang

Hello, I also have Group Health and im in the very beginning process, my dr sent a referral which was approved and I have an appt with Julie for a 1/2 hour phone appt. June 12!! Im thinking this is going to be a long process?? Not sure what the steps are with group health, how long have you gals been in the process? I was really hopeing to have surgery June or July? Im a ferry ride over from seattle. So Glad to have found others with the same dr. and same insurance!! TIA~~Ang

Hey hey. Well for me, I started in December and hoped for a surgery by February ... The biggest thing that slows me down is waiting for space for appointments. I waited 2.5 months for my consultation appointment with Julie. ... Over the phone. FYI they say 30 mins but it's closer to 15. Very easy basic questions. Then she signs you up for the next available pre op class mine is 7-11.... In the mean time you do bunches of tests an blood work and other small appointments. You won't get a surgery date until after all things are completed which includes the class. Honestly I would be surprised if you got surgery in the next... Idk.. Maybe 3 months... It has almost been a full year for me. Not to discourage you, but be honest with you.

Another reason why group health takes their time with it is because they want to make sure that you are truly ready for this life change. I got dined my first time round only because of the type of insurance I have. So I have been a constant bug in everyone's ear.... Not letting them forget that I am sooooo ready for surgery!

All that insurance stuff is cleared up now, but still, I got most of my stud done within a week of getting my packet! :) packet is fun! Julie will tell you about it in your phone appointment. :)

Yay GH people!!!! :) I'm going to be at the cap hill support group this coming month! Hope to see both of you their!? :)

Dylan

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! its awesome to have found someone so close by with the same dr. and same insurance!! Ive read online what group healths process is but it seems pretty bare. I just need to relax and let the whole process happen. I did have someone from gh call to sced a pulamary test I thought that was strange as i haven had my appt with Julie Yet.

~~ Ang

Anjalika - that likely just means you're on Julie's radar and she's putting your name in for whatever comes next. I got my doc to make her referral November 1, and they didn't get it in the WLS clinic for a few weeks, and only then because I started calling various offices to see where it got stuck and help up. Finally they got it, and I had my call with Julie in January. It lasted for maybe 20 minutes or so. She's great - rotates going to the various support group settings too. Anyway, I got all my tests done (she sends you a list after your phone call) and then called to say they were done and could I get a psych appt. That started taking forever - and soonest she could see me when I called in mid-january was the end of April! I kept at the customer service and kept asking why it had to be a psychologist who was overbooked, and finally got moved to a social worker, who was wonderful. I'll also say I got moved I think because my work is seasonally sensitive and I couldn't do it this year if I meant waiting as long as the clinic was suggesting. Anyway, once that got done April 1, I was able to set an appt with Dr. Landers right away, I think he just had a hole in schedule.

SO - long way around to saying if you NEED to move it up, they'll listen and do what they can sometimes. I doubt I'd have gotten very far if I were just antsy and impatient without a reason.

When you go to your orientation class you'll likely get to hear not only Julie, (who's great) but also the nutritionist and Dr. Landers. He was really superb, lost of fun, but excellent background and training and fullest info I ever expected to get. My hubby went with me and it pretty much erased his doubts. Good luck you two! We Northwestern Women can do this!