Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I am 4 days post surgery. Having a rough day. Can't get comfortable no matter what I do. I just want to cry.

Yesterday I was extremely uncomfortable all I can say that did help was walking..,, I cried and cried and cried all day yesterday today I am doing a lil better :(

How regular is everyone these days? I was going every morning until yesterday. And now my stomach is queasy. Everything I eat (drink' date=' actually) makes me slightly nauseous. I tried miralax...hope that works.[/quote']

Did you eat something different? I had been constipated up until yesterday, I had to stop taking the Lortab, that what was constipating me, so now I been ok.

I had my surgery June 21. I am on Water and Protein shake for 2 weeks. It is so disgusting to drink. I can't wait to actually eat. Does anyone else have a lot of pain in their left side incision? Sometimes it hurts soooo much!

My surgery was June 10th, after about a week later I was in pain in my incision, it felt like burning pain, so I told my nurse and I was given this shot for 3 days, twice on one of the days and it helped a great deal, it was like a miracle shot in the butt, LOL. I was told some people get this type of pain, you should look into it.

Hi everyone!! I am new here this is my first post' date=' but have been reading the last couple of weeks! I had surgery June 21st so I'm 6 days Post-op! Biggest challenge for me is wanting to eat my wife's cooking and taking all these meds in crushed form, as well as the vitamins! I had surgery because of a huge Rt. Flank Hernia that has torn three times in the last 10 years... This time every surgeon I talked to told me they would not touch me until I lost weight! I was 320 lbs, then went down to 265 on my own... Since starting program and pre-op diets I went into surgery at 239 lbs, my goal is 180lbs so I can repair hernia and get my life back! I am diabetic, have high blood pressure, high cholestrol, and suffer from chronic back pain... I am praying this surgery will help me with all of that! Glad to johin all of you in this amazing journey![/quote']

Welcome aboard, I to had most of the health problems you mention and so far so good after surgery.

So just finished at the doctors office. I am 3 weeks post op and was doing fine until last Thursday when I started getting nauseated. I hadn't had a bowel movement in a while so I assumed it was from that and took a laxative. It didn't help at all and my nausea has progressed to where even the slightest sip of Water makes me feel horribly sick. The Dr said the extreme nausea' date=' vomiting, and Constipation are all signs of a stricture. So looks like I get an EGD in the morning. Hoping they can just stretch it and be done.[/quote']

Awww, that's what I'm scared of...I hope you only have to do it this one time.

Awww' date=' that's what I'm scared of...I hope you only have to do it this one time.[/quote']

Me too. ... hoping this is the answer to my problem. I was so embarrassed to be in tears at the drs office today. ..I'm friends with my doc and have to work with him all the time.... so glad he was super compassionate and promised to fix me

three days post op. Surgery was Monday. Feeling stuff, just from shakes and Water. getting in all my meds and shakes, and about 16 oz. of water a day. I need to walk. I was able to walk while in the hospital but since I been home its just around the house. Will pull out my WII tomorrow and walk with that. Hopefully it will help with me feeling stuff.

Hey Now!

Just returned from my 2 week post op visit with my surgeomn ..... BIG smiles here in Media PA. ( even though its pouring down buckets of rain

1) I am cleared to return to work on July 1st with no restrictions....Yeaaa

2) Was weighed today and since the surgery day i have lost 12 additional pounds.

3) cleared for the pureed food phase

4) I can take wholle Vitamins no more chewables

Made a bee line to the ACME ( local food chain here in the Philadelphia area) stocked up on hummus' date=' refired Beans, low fat - mayo, low fat - sourcream and greek yogurt, frozen rasberries... i now know what shear bliss is

And a scoop of unflavored protien powder to the mix and measure measure measure it all out and im having a 3 tablespoon feast of the gods !

Catch ya later

RJ

My Doc is so happy with my progress[/quote']

Yayyy for you, going back to work so soon I'd say you are doing an awesome job...Congratulations, I don't go back to work until the 1st week on August.

My surgery was June 3rd and everything went extremely well all the nurses knew who I was' date=' I was walking at all times of the day and night... The liquid diet was not too bad I am actually on the puréed foods right now and I am scared to branch out! My dr said I can have scrambled egg whites and that did not go well I got extremely nauseous and I absolutely hate that feeling.... I am now rated Greek yogurt has so much Protein unsweetened applesauce and all I can drink is Water if I drink anything else my stomach feels weird... I am very happy and grateful for this surgery but I am just in need of support I am so uncomfortable since my pain meds are done I can't sleep I am going through crying spells and I am just soooo frustrated :(

Help :([/quote']

I had a moment like that, it's a faze, you will get through this

Never to soon to start! I had mine on the 11th!?? Anyone else in June yet? And how's it going?

I had mine June 11th I am having allot of problems with reflux and gas are you ? I wish it would stop its so painful. The doctor called me in some Protonix I sure hope it kicks in soon.

It's great to see everyone doing so well! my surgery was June 19 so I had my 1 week follow up yesterday and had my staples removed! I am down 20 lbs since 1 week before my surgery. Down to 225 and am starting to see my clothes fit looser. As far as pain goes, I feel pretty good most of the time. Every once in a while, I'll do something I shouldn't and will feel like my abdominal muscle are being ripped apart. Not fun! I'm still on thick liquids and my biggest challenge is finding Protein shakes/powder that I like. I did find that if I mix the powder with Greek yogurt and a little skim milk, vanilla extract, and ice then put it in the freezer for a little while, it tastes pretty good. Anyway, sorry for the rambling! Just checking in and congrats to all of you!!

Yayyy for you' date=' going back to work so soon I'd say you are doing an awesome job...Congratulations, I don't go back to work until the 1st week on August.[/quote']

YoColeFleet,

No reason to stay at home, walking a mile each day, No problems with food/ drinks ....i actually feel better tan i did before the surgery.

I still not going to push it and listen to my body.

thanks fir the support. how are you doing?

Hey there, My surgery was June 11th I weighed in at 329 the day of surgery and 1 week post op June 19th appointment I was 320 and The nutritionist started me on soft food diet and everything is giving me gas and reflux I hope the Protonix they called in for me helps.

Me too. ... hoping this is the answer to my problem. I was so embarrassed to be in tears at the drs office today. ..I'm friends with my doc and have to work with him all the time.... so glad he was super compassionate and promised to fix me

I read when this happens, it only take one time and the patient usually feel much, much better afterwards.