Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanna shop at a normal store and juat buy something straight off the rack and know i can fit in to it. I want to not be drowned in sweat when its hot. I wanna be confident no matter who Im around. I wanna feel like what people actually sees is actually what I feel like. I never felt that what i see in the mirror is actually who i am. Im no super model but im not this either. Im a curvey happy go lucky tattooed rocker chick at heart. I want the way i feel to match the way a look.

Time for a a little Q&A!

What is everyone's biggest dream out of getting RNY in June?? -- maybe wear a pair of shorts' date=' just be skinny, or even to spark some extra fun in your relationship with your new (hopefully more flexible) body?? ;) haha

Mine is to FINALLY not be "the fat girl". Holy moly am I ever excited to drop that title! Lol as long as I can even remember, I've always been the token day girl in every room.

My 2nd is to be able to buy a "normal" Halloween costume from an actual costume shop. For years I have been inventing my own and I can't wait to just buy one and feel like a hot honey! :P[/quote']

1. Normal blood pressure and stopping those medications.

2. Shop in "normal" stores. I am only 5'2" and at 224 lbs it is very hard to shop and look cute.

3. My secret of all dreams is to get pregnant next year and have a baby. I have been married 15 years and never been pregnant. I am 41 so I am already pushing it but it is my most inner desire. Having gone thru multiple rounds of invetro and suffering from pcos, I really pray and hope this is my cure and answer.

4. To feel sexy again.

:)

Haha bjroberts417' date='

One thing I am totally excited to do is a boudoir photo shoot for my finances wedding gift after I hit goal weight. I won't start planning our wedding until I know I will be skinny and look pretty in my dress. Lol pathetic, I know.[/quote']

That's basically my exact scenario. Got engaged in September and realized I can't have the wedding of my dreams inside this bodacious body.

1. Normal blood pressure and stopping those medications.

2. Shop in "normal" stores. I am only 5'2" and at 224 lbs it is very hard to shop and look cute.

3. My secret of all dreams is to get pregnant next year and have a baby. I have been married 15 years and never been pregnant. I am 41 so I am already pushing it but it is my most inner desire. Having gone thru multiple rounds of invetro and suffering from pcos' date=' I really pray and hope this is my cure and answer.

4. To feel sexy again.

:)[/quote']

I'm only twenty three and haven't been able to get pregnant within the past year which I know is attributed to my weight. I can't wait to be a small cute pregnant girl and I'm praying you get that as well!! Best of luck!

I want to be able to wear my original engagement ring and wedding band. Haven't had them on since halfway through first pregnancy and I never got them resized.

I want to be able to really enjoy hiking with my kids. Not have them stopping every so often to let me catch up.

I want my asthma to GO AWAY! Hate not being able to breath and I despise inhalers.

I want my acid reflux to stop.

I want to be able to throw on jeans and a tee shirt and not feel like I need to pull and stretch the material to get it to fit right.

I want to be able to dress up for cocktails with a dress I pulled off the rack at a normal store and not have to spend days searching for a sequin dress made like a tent.

I want to be at work and not break a sweat while everyone else is wearing long sleeve of jackets.

I want to wear pretty bra and panty sets. I don't care how much they try; a 44DD bra will always be built like your grandma's bra. :(

@iamworthit, I am praying for you and to give you hope, every woman I know that has had WLS, got pregnant well after losing all the weight, heck, it even scared me, LOL....It's your season girl, you will have your child.

WrightNow' date='

I am from Pittsburgh, PA! (GO Steelers!!!) lol and I know what you mean. It makes me feel like I won't be alone on the chopping block come D-day. Lol I'm so excited I can't stand it! I went through my lap band removal surgery 2 months ago only to wake up and find out they couldn't do my RNY in the same surgery, so here I go again! Lol I DID find the silver lining though--- we got a new boss at work and he is (no lie) the devil. So while he figured himself out, I'll be lounging out at home! Haha[/quote']

I'm from Pittsburgh!!! What surgeon? I think we're June 5 buddies too.

Kristlynngirl,

My surgeon is Anita Courcoulus at Magee! Love. Her! Who are you going to??

Haha bjroberts417' date='

One thing I am totally excited to do is a boudoir photo shoot for my finances wedding gift after I hit goal weight. I won't start planning our wedding until I know I will be skinny and look pretty in my dress. Lol pathetic, I know.[/quote']

I'm already married, and my husband tells me I'm sexy, but I just want to really truly believe that. When he says it, I question how could anyone find me sexy? :-( So I guess what I really want is some high self-esteem.

Talk about last minute freak out. My surgeon hurt his back and can't operate so his partner is taking over. My surgery will now be a day later on June 6 and I won't meet the surgeon until morning off. Luckily, he's done several of my friends surgeries so I know I can trust him!

Yay!!! I go to my pre-op class tomorrow morning and get my labs done after that! I still can't believe it's happening!!! Where r u? I'm in Virginia. Wannabe' date=' where r u? Although u guys might not be near me I like knowing someone else having it the same day as me!!! Comforting sort of. Ya know?! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

I went to mine yesterday and start my pre-op diet today! Ugh! I'm in Texas! You'll have to update date me throughout your process!

Yayyyy!!!! Another buddy! :-) Congrats and good luck! Are you on fb?

I'm on facebook! Under Tyra Riley

WrightNow' date='

I am from Pittsburgh, PA! (GO Steelers!!!) lol and I know what you mean. It makes me feel like I won't be alone on the chopping block come D-day. Lol I'm so excited I can't stand it! I went through my lap band removal surgery 2 months ago only to wake up and find out they couldn't do my RNY in the same surgery, so here I go again! Lol I DID find the silver lining though--- we got a new boss at work and he is (no lie) the devil. So while he figured himself out, I'll be lounging out at home! Haha[/quote']

I'm in Virginia. Found out yesterday my surgery is at 10. I had my pre-op class/appt today. Lots of info!!! It all seems a bit overwhelming at times but I remind myself that TONS of people have this surgery and they work it out and so will I! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I went to mine yesterday and start my pre-op diet today! Ugh! I'm in Texas! You'll have to update date me throughout your process!

Hey there Aba. My class was today and packed with info!! Overwhelming but I know I can handle this. I was there with two other women - one one the same day as me & same surgeon. I also did all my labs today. No pre-op diet. Just told to eat light three days before surgery!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I just had my last set of appointments today and from the doctors' standpoints I am cleared for surgery! I should hear in about two weeks if insurance approves me. I could technically get a May date, but as a teacher I will need to push it to June during summer! I'm so excited and ready to lose!

GOOD JOB!! YOU GO GIRL!! I CANT WAIT MYSELF. I HAVE MY PRE-OP APPT ON THE 12TH...HOPEFULLY I GET A JUNE DATE!!