Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/april-bandits-exercise-t32404.html?p=438542

Go to this Thread and it will explain on the first page all about our little exercise challenge. It's just a way to motivate one another to get out there and exercise. I'm doing the tin foil challenge which is 14 sessions that are 20 minutes long.

AHHHHH!!! That's all I have to say about my surgery being in two days!!

Auger did not work! So as it stands right now we are not able to Shower, Flush, Wash dishes or Clothes... because what ever we do will come right back up the "clean out" which just happens to be right outside our bedroom window!!!!! LOVELY! Dbf (Charles) is going to rent another machine and then use the cable to extend the first one....... he doesn't think the cable on ONE machine is long enought to hit the main. We looked pretty dang funny with our ear to the two possible manhole covers on our street trying to figure out which one it goes to.........

(I am definately NOT a girly girl... but come ON) LOL

I was really excited to get caught up on all the posts and read about everyones GREAT days...

Terri: REAL FOOD!!! whooohoooo and 208 to boot!

Sara: WOW woman that is an awesome one week total!

Pam: WTG on the workout!

MEW and MDRI: thanks for checking in!

DI: The exercise challenge is over on the April Bandits thread.. they are a bunch of April 06 bandsters that have welcomed us with open arms to their wise fold.... (Kat, Boo, DeltaDawn WaterLilly, Betty, all pop in here to give us support and pieces of wisdom)

OK.. time for some SF jello!

Everyone else that I failed to mention.. I read all the posts and WOW this thread of beautiful people has got to be a true blessing!!!

WE ROCK!!!!!!!

:)HouseHuntress - 04/09

:cake:Day3447 - 04/09

:cake:Cmarie - 04/09

:cake:Gr8 - 04/09

:cake:Chica Chula - 04/09

:cake:MsPruett - 04/09

Ok that stringy Easter Grass is now where is belongs---in the trash!! I refuse to buy that kind---I buy the paper stuff that my vaccuum can deal with, this was the pink plastic irridescent junk. My DD---or another family group is responsible for this!!! She knew those jelly Beans were at the bottom!!

We had a wonderful Easter---my DH went above and beyond, and made my day!! The kids had a good time, it was overcast, but barely sprinkled a few rain drops late in the day. It was in the low 70's through the day---so some opted to take their meal outside, which helped the flow of people in here!!! I felt crummy the couple of days leading up to Easter, I am fighting with allergies--and wasn't sleeping well. I am having problems with the drainage from my allergies, it fills my pouch or something, and I end up over full....and awake. I am going to get my allergy meds Rx filled today---and hope it helps! I think I need them even more now!!! My DH filled my house with lillies----Easter, Tiger, Day----all kinds of lillies! It was a special gift from him---Easter was when we really knew this was going to be a life long thing for us! He had a bouquet of huge pink lillies for me then, and has given me them each year. This year, he went crazy!!! I got a plant for each year! But singly the smell is strong, and inviting, this many I think may be making the allergies worse!!! Even though---I went to bed early, and slept wonderfully---I feel almost human today!

One thing about feeling yucky---overeating was not an issue. I did think about you guys on your pre ops, and remembered last year!!! I also remembered last year, and that I mailed off the dress I wore last year to a LBT-er, because it no longer fits me. I just know she too will be sending it on, sooner than she thinks!!! Speaking of clothes, Tracy, I will be in touch later this week---I will likely pull my totes out of storage Wed. afternoon. I don't keep the granddaughter then!!! Some things are just easier without her help. Besides, once we go outside, she flips when I make her come back inside!

After dinner yesterday, I took 4 of the kids and we gathered a group of others, to total 11 of us, and went for a walk! Didn't get my full time in, but a couple of rounds of horseshoes with my Dad, finished off my exercise for the day. Not to mention running around like a chicken with my head cut off preparing the meal!

Tracy---they also rent a drain cleaner by the hour, that shoots fine high pressure Water streams, made for cutting roots etc....we have used one a couple of times, our sewer drainage line runs right between 2 huge old maple trees!!! And our home was built in the 50's---so it is old pipes---lots of issues. But we love the house, and where it is---not to mention it is now paid for---so we deal with them! I hope you get your problem fixed. One thing about it---THAT smell does not make you want food!!! Sorry---trying to find a good side in a bad situation is HARD!!!

Yesterday my scale said 200.0----this morning the 1 was back, saying 201. I am holding out, hoping to change the ticker to an even 200 or even maybe wishfully thinking a Onederland #!!! Soon I hope!

All you recently banded ones sound like you are hanging in there!!! Be sure to follow your Dr.'s guidelines, and not rush the solid food. Let yourselves heal fully. You'll soon the the ones instructing the next crew!!

Everyone have a good day---good luck with your liquid diets---will be thinking about you. Going to go light today myself. Too much of that cake yesterday---and I so want that scale to move!

TTYL~

Kat

Dear All,

Well I braved driving the car today for the first time, its a :) car (very low to get into), so I was a bit nervous getting in it! Anyway drove hubby down to the supermarket, and walked to the sea front (there was even people swimming in the sea, the Water must have ben freezing??? its amazing what a little bit of sun does to people, lol).

Jullee71, Teachlady & Christy & Tracy: Thanks for your encouragement, once you have your op, you'll just be amazed how your not hungry, and the weight will soon drop off you! Teach & Angie, good luch tomorrow you are in my prays, just think in a day or so's time you'll be back home again, please let us know how your doing ok? Tracy, Im pleased your ok,we were all a little worried about you hon x

Mdrai: I sure hope you get your date soon, it is frustrating waiting, I hope you here real soon.

Shineone: I pleased your feeling a little beter today.

Pam: wow you have done SO well doing 30 mins on the exercise bike, I havent tried exercise equiptment yet, did you get any pain in your port area, or was it ok?

Rvingdi: Hi!! I'm so pleased youve joined us in here, this group is awsome, and everyones so supportive. Wow well done on losing 15lbs thats GREAT!!!!

Sherri: Hang on in there the 30th will be here before you know it!! We'll all support you through the waiting game, I know its dissapointing, you'll be super-ready by the 30th :)

Kat: I hope your allergies let up. Oh my, how lovely though your hubby buying you a housefull of beautiful lillies!! He must adore you! :)

Well, I hope your all having a lovely day xxxx

Hugs Sara :)

Someone in the office is eating Mcdonald's French fries..

:think :hungry: :violin:

Hey everyone, this site is addictive.

Sara, during my workout, I did not get too much pain at port site, but was very aware of my incisions. I was on the bike and my tummy is the biggest part of me, so every pedal my tummy moved. I just tried to sit farther back, and go slow. I am off this week, and told myself to do this everyday, and hopefully set the pattern for next week and on. Next week though, and all the weeks after that, I have to get up at 4:30am to be at the gym by 5am. That is the only time I have to work out, since I teach day and night classes Mon and Tues nights. I did this last year when I quit smoking, but...it is hard to get up that early.

I have been driving a bit too, just avoiding speed bumps,lol. Have a great day. I have packed up my Protein Shake and am going to the movies!

Check back later...you all are awesome!

Wanted to tell all of yous going in today and the rest of this week for surgery, I am praying for all of you!! All will go well, and you will be out before you know it!

I started the liquid diet today! My surgery is next Monday. It is not so bad, I really do feel quite hungry, but I am drinking all of the Water I am supposed to , that helps. I see there are a couple of people here that are having the surgery the same day as me, I am watching how yous are handling the liquid diet!!??:)

:omg: Pam, your gonna get up at 04.30am to get to the gym at 5am oh my goodness....that is SERIOUS DEDICATION GIRL!! I'm off this week (2nd week) my consultant signed me off for 3 weeks!! But I'm only gonna take 2 weeks off work. I get up every Monday at 5.30am for work, then get back home Tuesday 7pm at night (as I work on the Isle of Wight every Monday & alternative Tuesdays) and every other Tuesday I work away and get back on Wednesday nights, its gonna be hard fiting in exercise, I just hope losing a bit of weight will give me more energy cos all I normally want to do when I get home after work is flop. This is where Im going too have to change my behavioural patterns :rolleyes Still if your doing it Pam already I ought too, the longer I leave it the harder (emotionally) it will get for me.

Laura: Just think that person eating McDonalls right now....its going straight onto their hips girl! :heh: (& not ours!!)

Well, I got to tell you all this, my hubby is begining to moan to me about talking about this lap band...he said 'Sara its all you talk about, your becoming obsessed!' so I burst out laughing and said well hon your married to me and my lap band now.....LOL...its only been a week Im bound to be talking about it arent I??? :paranoid

Well guys, look after yourselves xx

:omg: Pam, your gonna get up at 04.30am to get to the gym at 5am oh my goodness....that is SERIOUS DEDICATION GIRL!! I'm off this week (2nd week) my consultant signed me off for 3 weeks!! But I'm only gonna take 2 weeks off work. I get up every Monday at 5.30am for work, then get back home Tuesday 7pm at night (as I work on the Isle of Wight every Monday & alternative Tuesdays) and every other Tuesday I work away and get back on Wednesday nights, its gonna be hard fiting in exercise, I just hope losing a bit of weight will give me more energy cos all I normally want to do when I get home after work is flop. This is where Im going too have to change my behavioural patterns :paranoid Still if your doing it Pam already I ought too, the longer I leave it the harder (emotionally) it will get for me.

Laura: Just think that person eating McDonalls right now....its going straight onto their hips girl! :heh: (& not ours!!)

Well, I got to tell you all this, my hubby is begining to moan to me about talking about this lap band...he said 'Sara its all you talk about, your becoming obsessed!' so I burst out laughing and said well hon your married to me and my lap band now.....LOL...its only been a week Im bound to be talking about it arent I??? :rolleyes

Well guys, look after yourselves xx

Oh, Sara -- I can relate to your experience with your DH!! Of course, I find myself talking constantly about it too, but I DON'T CARE!! Know why? Because this is a MAJOR LIFE EVENT for me and I have to sit here and listen to my DH talk constantly and for years about golf, baseball and business!!!!! We're not even close to being even!! LOL!

I'm so pleased everyone is doing well....and that we have each other!

Kat817 - Wow! you have lost a lot of weight. I know that 200 can sometimes be a mental as well as physical barrier. Then I will remind you that it is just a number. It will drop off to the right side (if you have that kind of scale) or just appear one day as 19_. Congratulation!

LOL

Sara- Yeah except they're all size 0. I don't know where they put the fries!! Glad you're doing good :)

Margi- We are being banded on the same day! Today started my official pre-op diet, of SSS (Soup, Sandwhich, Salads). I don't have to do Clear Liquids except for 2 days pre-op (Thank goodness, I actually tried doing a liquid diet once, didn't even last one day.. I'm going to be having to hold myself together by the end of the week!!)

And I'm with you all, I've been obsessing about the Lap-Band. My family and fiance are probably tired of it, I start rambling and getting excited, and they just nod and will ask a question here or there. But I know I'm driving them nuts with it LOL. Hopefully post-op I won't be so giddy..

I finally have my date! April 16th! I am very excited! I am having a difficult time doing the liquid diet though. I hope I can stick to it. Do people really go without food for a week pre-op and 3 weeks post-op? I don't know if I can do it......