Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

One more night's sleep here at my house and then we are off to the hospital on Monday. The hospital is 4 hours away so we are leaving Monday afternoon and surgery is Tuesday morning. My bags are packed, I'm ready to go, took my before pics and will be headed out the door TOMORROW!!! Can't believe it will finally be here, though my wait hasn't been as long as some. I started this process in January. Just hope the weight comes off as quickly as the process went. I am determined and will stick to the bandster rules by the letter.

Happy Easter to everyone and prayers and CONGRATS to all those who will have surgery this week.

Judy

Good Luck Teachlady..

TracyinKS...thanks for the encouragement... You're doing so well in that mad food house of yours!!

I'm lucky my pre op diet is only 10 days.. I'd defo be doin some sort of illegal substance if it were any longer!! LOL:cool:

This is a profound turning point for me right now... I am finally facing my "Break Up" with the behaviour that got me here.. I am walking out on it & I am scared.. I am worried that I won't cope well without what I leave behind...but I don't know.. I may cope very well...

I am starting to realise why I am the way I am... I FINALLY understand the "pay off" I get from staying this way..I never understood that.. I'd always say what could I POSSIBLY be getting from this?! i'M MISERABLE

But now I honestly see that being this way suited me, I made it suit me & why..

An epiphany...THANK YOU GOD!

For everybody on this thread I am going to light a penny candle for us all at mass today & pray to St francis That we all get the strength we need to commit to these new, more rewarding & exciting lives of ours..

The Prayer of St Francis...

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change

The courage to change the things I can

And the wisdom to know the difference

Very nice post , Lunasa. Thank you for thinking of us and lighting a candle for us...that's special. I'm glad you're thinking about these important issues now and in the coming weeks. I was told to expect a period of depression later on and I'm sure it's coming for all of us, but we'll get thru it together. ((Hugs))

Judy - We'll be thinking of you and will be anxious to hear from you when you return. Be patient the first couple of days....it gets much, much easier after day 2 and that's not long...it goes by quickly. Safe journey!

Mazie - sounds like you and I are in the same place. I think I'll try to eat a little more today than I have been. I'm also going to take a nap. I haven't been sleeping well either -- waking up very early and several times per night. (Can't wait for this apnea to go away.)

I'm learning that the clues for 'fullness' are very subtle and to pay very close attention after each bite. This is so foreign to the way I have eaten for the last 48 years -- cleaning my plate and not feeling satisfied until I was "FULL". Interesting process that definitely requires mindfulness. The penalty for absent-mindedness is pain. Pain = bad.

Happy Easter Everyone! God Bless Us All.

Dear All,

A very Happy Easter day to you all xx

Tonight Im cooking a full on Easter dinner of roast lamb and all the trimmings! Me? well I'll just be blending up a small dinner (100-150mls) of the same :) as my family are having in the blender!

Terri, re depression, I'd heard the same, from my boss actually he said his friend had had it done etc and had depression after it, I think we'll have to exercise and exercise to get our endorphins pumpin to counteract it?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU BEING BANDED THIS COMING WEEK!!!

TeachLady - 4/10

TracyTX - 04/11

ElizaJo - 04/11

Bubbles - 04/11

Bwaydiva - 04/11

KCQ -04/11

TinyBelle - 04/12

StaceyLynn - 04/12

Lucy22884 - 04/12

Horns10 - 04/12

Ihomeschool4 (Christy) - 04/12

Ross (husband to Christy) - 04/12

Tater Bug - 04/13

MS_Jen - 04/13

ChicaChula - 04/13

My payers are with you all, you will be a bit sore the first week, but honestly you'll get through it, and all of us are here to talk too :) if you need to talk xx

Hugs Sara :) xx

Hi everyone

I am so proud of you all. I finally got my computer up and running but will get totally up to speed tonight.

I am in myrtle beach, it is cold but much warmer than upstate NY. Anyway, this is going to be a hard week - the group I'm with wants to eat out all the time, besides money - it is just tough. yesterday I had a protien shake - made with powder, yogurt and a touch of milk, it was actually really good, for lunch I had a unlimited salad bar, no meat but ate lots of lettuce and broccoli and then there was dinner. had a roll, small steak and a few bites of my potatoe and a small salad. I was so full I wanted to die. I can't do that every day! I am so worried I'm gaining and don't have my scale, i'm freaking out because I don't have anyway to know if i'm ok or not. I had a shake for Breakfast and 2 bottles of Water already, I know I have not been drinking enough.

Wow, I can't wait a week tomorrow and I'll be in bandland too! I am looking at all the smaller people around here on the beach and the cute bathing suits and can't wait for the next time i'm down here and can wear them, and even buy a sweatshirt that will fit!

hugs to you all, i'll be back later

Hello all......... well today is a true test of my willpower.... today I realized just how much I have self medicated with food. I am currently locked into my room away from everyone right now because I can't take the smell of the bbq kfc that everyone is gorging on.

I am stressed... we rudely found out this morning that somewhere between our house and the street.. we've got a leak, a backup, a whatever in our main sewer line. DBF is stressed I'm stressed the boys are fighting and I went a little off the deep end over there continued fighting....... I blew my fuse, so then dbf and I got into it and he went out and bought lunch for everyone..... the smell of the food, the stress, the boys banging on the door wanting me settle issues.......... I wanted so bad to just say screw it and eat........... but I didn't, I am instead in my room seeking solace in this board........ reminding myself why I'm here, trying to calm my nerves without food....... it is so hard.. I am right next to tears...... but I am strong, and I will survive...... now about fixing the Water line........ tomorrow... dealing with the city and possible permits hoping like hell that dbf can fix it without the extreme high cost of a plumber..... and hoping the Home Depot card has enough room left on it for this latest joy of homeownship issue.

Happy Easter!!! This is day 6 post op and I am feeling so much better. The shoulder pain that arrived Friday night, left Saturday night (and I hope it stays away).

For those getting banded this week...WELCOME! Don't worry, we will all be here waiting for you :biggrin1: . Remember, the first few days are rough...but then there is always day 6! This is so exciting, and even more so that we are doing it together!

I haven't started exercising yet, except for my many mini walks. I think I will go to the gym tomorrow and try the bike for 30 min. If not tomorrow, for sure on Tuesday. Anybody else exercising (besides walking)?

Just finished 1/2 of my breakfast (am sooo full). Gonna take a nap! I am so glad I took this week off too. I hope everyone enjoys their Easter!!!

peaceout

Hey Tracy,

Over the last few months I've come to think of you as a friend. So, on that note, I am sending you a BIG HUG! Hang in there girl, just think that you will be banded soon!!!! We are here for you.

Hang in there!

:faint: It's getting nearer and for some of us it is here. I am amazed by the similarity of experiences, thoughts and emotions we have. I really appreciate being able to tune in to the website and talk with you. I think one of the issues obese people experience is that there is a separation between us and the rest of the world. We may be surrounded by many loving family members and friends, but it is you, dear ones, who really "get" me. Thank you for that. It is the depth of understanding and support that is so amazing and healing here.

I have one week to go, as of tomorrow. I anxiously read and reread everyone's experiences, the good with the bad. But I do know that candles and prayers help. Our unity here helps. We are scared and very motivated.

I also have realized that I am committed to using this support for a very long time. Otherwise, when I am thin, I will forget and start to eat again for comfort.

I belong here. :clap2: And I deserve a healthy life, as do all of us.

Hugs to all and best wishes and a speedy recovery to those going into surgery this week.

((((TRACY))))!!! You poor thing! Just breathe and go to your happy place!!! :) You are really being strong...stronger than I could EVER be so there is victory in that. You are entitled to be cranky so forgive yourself right now. Why don't you just get in your car and go for a little drive?

Dynamo - You are so right about everything you said. This truly is a sanctuary of understanding. Really, don't worry about the surgery itself, it is not really that hard, especially after the first couple of days. Today I just feel like I've got a bit of indigestion and my incisions ITCH, and I am constipated :) but beyond that I am quite well. I could easily go to work but glad I don't have to!!....not 'til Wed. I know from my experience with my low-carb board that staying active means the difference between success and failure. There is no doubt that it keeps you on track when you are accountable to others. Thank God for the internet, eh?? Oh, and for the moderators and whoever else is responsible for keeping this board alive and running!!

Tracy - Sorry you are having the home ownership struggles. Be kind to yourself. You are starving, determined, and life sucks. What a combo. Im sure you've been there, done that, and know that life will go on. It is ok to feel your feelings, scream, cry, do whatever helps. You will rise to the challenges of life - look how courageous you are! Remember it isn't about doing the diet perfectly! Give yourself some down time and lots of love.

Hugs,

Michelle

On a personal note, could you add me to the April Bandsters?

- My surgery date is April 16.

Hope you day improves, Happy Easter!

Terry -

I appreciate your supportive comments. So glad you have sailed through. The itch indicates healing, that's good, if not annoying. I don't know about the Constipation. Did the doc recommend anything for that? I know anesthesia can really gum up the works. I also am somewhat lactose intolerant, so if I get stopped up a little milk works for me. From what everyone says, if we follow our doctor's instructions and not get fancy - things will heal well. I am amazed how quickly you have recovered. It gives me hope, altho' I am 10 years older than you.

Best wishes for continued success,

XXOO

Michelle