Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Congratulations to Sherri on the surgery date. Iw as banded on April 2nd 2007. You will feel very sore but it is worth it. And be sure to haev your gas X ready. It will become your new best friend. Also have a heating pad for your left shoulder. As the gas pains can hurt. But once you give it a few days you will feel great. And you might be a little nauseated after surgery. Please stay intouch on the board. Stacey

Betty in LO,

I just read your post and see that we live in the same area and go to the same club (Club Sport). I am scheduled for surgery on April 20th, so I am year behind you. You have had quite a succesful year!

This thread is great - I really an enjoying learning so much prior to my surgery.

Hey everyone,

I still have my question about my left shoulder. Last night was my first night in bed and as soon as I got in and rolled on my right side, my left shoulder started throbbing.:cry I imagined that all my gas from my tummy rolled right up and settled in my shoulder. I had just taken pain med and was so tired, besides having my inlaws in town for the holiday, so I just laid there all night. Now today, I feel like crap again. IS THIS THE GAS? I had heard everyone talking about the shoulder pain, but until last night, I hadn't felt any. Please advice.

Terri and Sara- how are you feeling? Anyone else banded at the beginning of the week? I am ready to feel good again!

peaceout

Hi Pamela-

My doc said the shoulder pain is "referred pain" from the surgical area...I don't think it's related to gas. My shoulder pain comes and goes but last night I had the same problem as you....it was non-existent all day but then last night it REALLY started acting up after I had bent over to pick up the bathroom trash can. I just took my pain meds and got the heating pad on it, then went to bed and tried to get in a comfortable position. I was finally able to get to sleep after about 20 mins. Today I feel MUCH MUCH better than I have been. I am only taking tylenol now and am feeling just great. I took some milk of magnesia awhile ago, and I'm still taking Gas-X regularly. My incisions are starting itch a bit, but that's good, right? Try to take a couple of naps today -- get some rest, girl!!!

Hiya all,

Terri thats FANTASTIC news re weight loss!!!!! Were all on the way now on losing big time :girl_hug: I cant remember if it was you that said when youd got back home your weight had increased, mine had too, I was 248 on the Sunday morning on my scales (on the hospital scales I was 242) then when I got home I was 249!! Anyways....were on a losin streak now:clap2: Hey I checked out that shopping mall, and I said to dave and sophie (my youngest) that I was going to have a end target, when I reach my goal I want to go to America shopping, I'd like to come just before Christmas when its all pretty (so I guess it will be Nov/Dec 08!) - Sophie was impressed....dave wasnt though...LOL he hates shopping!

Pam, Hi hon I hope your shoulder gets better, I did have some pains (not as bad as my tummy though) and used a wheat heat bag around my neck the first few days after the op. I'm feeling heaps better, have been practicising the breathing technquic today. Also I walked up to the village shop with Dave (took me 40 mins there and back - I was quite proud of myself) then we drove to our local garden centre, and bought a small Bay tree for a pot outside the front of the house, and some lavender for a front boarder, plus my brother came up for a chat so its been a really lovely day :(

Betty I am so sorry to hear about your hubby's and sons op, I hope they are both ok now? It must have been such a worry to you. You and Kat are an inspration to us all.

Tracy- sounds like you had a wonderful day, I remember when my girls were tiny tots learning to ride a bike, your baby is at such a lovely age.

Well I have a question to those of you who have had surgery this week:

Ok here goes: The first 3 days I had to follow a liquid diet, then I started on sloppy food. This is what my daily intake is like:

Breakfast: weetabix biscuit with milk and sweetner

Lunch: scrambled egg with a bit of cheese (today I had 2 eggs!!)

Dinner: Soup (veg and chicken)

Snack: low fat yougart and fresh fruit pureed coolie I made and added honey to it.

Drinks: water/tea/coffee....

This lot totals to 650 cals....how many cals are you all having a day, is this normal?

After reading Bettys post, it may appear our appietite may go back to nrmal next week (week 2) so I guess we'll have to be careful.....

Whats everyone else eating post op?

Ohhhhh and Lunasa....tell us how your holidays going, I'm pleased your mum was ok with it. My mum n dad come back from holiday on Thursday, I'll be pleased when there back as Im missing them, especially this week

Speak soon,

Sara xxxxxxx

Sara - I've not been eating much, that's for sure.

Day 1 I only had 1 cup of Protein Drink, Jello & popsicles.

Day 2 I had 1/2 cup of cream of wheat, 1/2 c mushroom Soup and 1 cup smoothie

Day 3 (so far) same as Day 2 but I'll probably eat a bit more before the day is over with....maybe some cottage cheese.< /p>

Just not hungry so trying to take advantage while I can. I know the hunger is coming!

BTW, Christmas time is a great time to visit Houston- the weather is generally mild and sunny! ....generally.

Hello everyone......... Jullee.. I did the same thing as you today, I went through my closet and arranged one batch of jeans into the order I should be able to get them on... I will be so excited to wear some of my old clothes.. this may sound funny but I can actually feel my stomach getting smaller especially when I'm laying down, and the nice thing is... I'm not swelling up like I was last week...... We colored easter eggs today... the kitchen is a mess, but fun was had by all!

Have a great evening (and Good Night to Sara!)

Thanks for getting back to me Terri re what your eating. At least I know Im not the only one hardly eating anything! lol...and your right...hunger will be a-lerking around the corner!

Night Tracy :) ...Night Terri...Night All..

Speak in the morning...I hope I dream about shopping when Im slim....Oooooooooo bliss :)

Sara xx

:faint:OK guys I am just begining. I get banded on April 16. Nine more days. I am only on my 6th day of the pre op diet. Last night the family went out to get pizza. I stayed home, but when they got back, the house smelled like a pizza parlor. This morning we had an easter egg hunt at the church with free hot dogs for everyone. By the time I got home, I could have eaten anything in sight.

I know I must sound like a wuse, but is it this hard after the band? I don't want to put my family in danger, because of my hunger.

Phil

I can relate to feeling hunger, my lap band is the 17th of the month, and I have been on it for 6 days. Terrible feelings of hunger. I think I am going to eat tommorrow, and then liquid til the surgery!!

I read some people talking about drinking through straws, is that because you like it or is it medically advised?

Thanks

Jane

Phil - uh, did you read what I've been eating post-band?? look a couple of posts up!

:hungry: I have to admitt that after I have my shake or recomended diet, I feel fine. I use a straw simply to make me feel I am doing something special. Plus spilling my drink on my stomach while I drink from a cup is not cool either. The straw also helps stretch out the simple meal. I keep telling myself, OK just another 9 days.

Phil

post-217713-13813134818092_thumb.png

Just sending a quick 'hi' from a 2006 April Bandit. I was reviewing the posts here and you guys seem to be doing really well.

Don't be afraid to ask questions... we are all here for you. The journey is so worthwhile.

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/187/179

Ran my first 5 km 2 weeks ago!!!

Exercise sessions this month = 6 sessions